Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Open letter to Nokia

Open letter to Nokia

Dearest Nokia

Can we talk? This isn't easy. We've been together now for over ten years and, well, it's not working out. It's not me, it's you.

I still remember when we first met. It was at university, some 13 years ago. Do you remember? We were inseparable! I took you everywhere I went: we used to spend hours talking and texting.

Texting was new back then, do you remember? You were really good at it. 

Sure I flirted with a Sony Ericsson for a bit but it didn't last. I came back to you and we renewed our relationship every year or 18 months...

You changed a lot over the years but I loved you more and more. Do you remember some of the clothes you used to wear: 6185 (looks so dated now!), 7210 (so colourful), 8210 (you lost a lot of weight back then), 6230 (business-like)...

You were cutting edge. You used to keep me up to date with news and football results, you helped me stay in touch with my friends, you used to wake me up in the mornings and you always reminded me if there was somewhere important I had to be. You even had time to play games!

But in recent years, you have to admit, things haven't been great between us. 

It all started with what I like to call the N80 years. You were basically ok then but what was with that headphone socket? And the PC Suite? We never seemed to... connect. Visual Radio? That just didn't really... work, did it.

Then we progressed into the N95 era. Sure, I didn't say anything at the time but I was never too pleased with you sliding both ways... And although you made bold promises about being able to help me find my way around using satellites you, well, didn't. In fact, you made a lot of promises and just never delivered. You tried to do so much and ended up not being able to do any of it.

Others tried to turn my head, but I stayed loyal to you. I won't lie to you, I looked at HTC and Apple but you are my first and only love and I couldn't bear to be apart from you. And so it was that I entered the final phase of our relationship, the N97 period.

How did it get this bad? I don't really remember exactly when I fell out of love with you. Was it when the bluetooth stopped working or when the wifi stopped working? Was it when the screen lock button fell off or perhaps months before when it didn't really work anyway? Perhaps it was when you offered me free turn by turn navigation but refused to install the maps anywhere other than the pitifully small C: drive despite having tonnes of memory elsewhere, and then told me I had insufficient memory if I, you know, wanted to access the internet or receive emails. Perhaps it was when you had crashed for the 1000th time after I had done nothing more sinister than tried to make a phone call. And you promised me apps but delivered the Ovi Store! What a joke that was. 

The list goes on but I respect you too much to **bleep** about you any further. 

So, whilst I am being honest, I have to tell you something. I've been cheating on you with Apple for the last few months.There I said it. I've been seeing an iPod Touch. Its intuitive user interface, the simplicity of itunes, and its huge ranges of high quality cheap apps have pushed me over the edge. I'm taking our relationship to the next level. That's right, I've ordered an iPhone 4. I'm so sorry. I can't even see us ever getting back together in the future, no matter what you promise. 

Take care, I'll never forget the good times. xxx

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

how dare you cheat on me lol .if you like apple thats your choice ,i dont think apple has much to offer as i do .i will always be faithful .

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DrTech

hahahahahahahaha
nice
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Filing for divorce? He3
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you better hope i dont bump into apple ,i will tell all about you lol

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Edcracknell,

that was the most beautiful - and saddest - post I've read in a long time. I'll make sure people see this.

As an online representative of your former lover, I hope you two will one day meet once again and your love will be renewed. :smileyhappy:

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

[ Edited ]

I wish I'd thought about doing something so inspiring when I made a similar move after the E72, though I moved to HTC & Android, not Apple... I'd also been with Nokia for 13 years...

Well written, to the point, and quite entertaining! A good read all round lol :-)

Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Advisor

After remaing faith full to my nokia for over 8 years, I am thinking of getting a divorce.! yes Nokia is not of my taste and she  has lately been too arrogant. and unpredictable.

I have had about 10 divices of nokia and still iam using it, but I may go for an I phone.

Well I said my mind. as you all have.. Nothing wrong about it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Still with Nokia since about 9 years and not planning for Divorce either in near future.. still Kudos for the Novel way to show your displeasure.. Cheers..:smileytongue:

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Aaaahhh what a sad sad letter :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
drandywright

Well I have just returned to Nokia and renewed my vows after a period of extreme polygomy :smileywink:

So far with the N8, so good.  But I will see how good they are with bugfixes and feature updates before I decide if this is a long term relationship

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Balderdash

drandywright wrote:

Well I have just returned to Nokia and renewed my vows after a period of extreme polygomy :smileywink:

So far with the N8, so good.  But I will see how good they are with bugfixes and feature updates before I decide if this is a long term relationship

Same here! :smileyhappy:

After quite a few years of flirting with Windows Mobile and work supplied Blackberry's I'm pleased to be back in bed with Nokia and the N8. That's despite all the negative press Nokia and Symbian are getting from the "tech" sites - the "competition looks better" argument is so shallow.

I'm very happy in the current honeymoon period... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Balderdash wrote:

After quite a few years of flirting with Windows Mobile and work supplied Blackberry's I'm pleased to be back in bed with Nokia and the N8. That's despite all the negative press Nokia and Symbian are getting from the "tech" sites - the "competition looks better" argument is so shallow.

I'm very happy in the current honeymoon period... :smileywink:

Windows Mobile is hardly representative of today's real competition in smart phones, and RIM is not one of today's big winners either, so your experience is far from complete.  Try an iPhone or an Android phone to get an idea of how good Nokia's competition is (hint: they are very good).

Please use plain text.

Thanks for the positive comments during a difficult time :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

[ Edited ]

Im not much of a girly girl but when i read this post last nite, i just had to share it with some people. Because i was running late to pick up my daughter i run out of time to comment on this. This is a beautifully written post of a love affair that lasted for years, seldom do i find such good and sad read here on the boards. This post really took me back through my journey with Nokia over the years, I can relate, I can feel that moment when things started changing just like you describe your journey in beautiful metaphors.

Usually users come on bards and rant, complain, are very negative cause they are upset it is understandable but not you....you have expressed this sad and concerning moment in beautiful terms....seldom seen here.
thank you for sharing you story....it touched some places that made it personal for me....with lust and longing for the good old Nokia times....when there were no better phones....no other world....thanks again

its a breath of fresh air on these boards to see posts such as yours....

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DamoMils

Absolutely love this post. Brilliant!

Echos my relationship with Nokia (and the straying) completely.

I have stayed loyal and am currently in bed with an N8. Lovely looks and feel and great technique but I have to say so far she is suffering form a complete lack of stamina and runs out of energy before I have finished playing.......:smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
drandywright

[ Edited ]

she is suffering form a complete lack of stamina and runs out of energy before I have finished playing.......:smileywink: 

LOL

Perhaps you need some Bromide :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

this person should write a novel

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianF123

As I type this I am sat waiting for the courier to ring the doorbell and deliver my N8 :smiley very-happy:

Anyone who has been with Nokia for as long as myself and other people here can relate to this story, just as in real life we have out up's & downs. I moved to Sony Ericcson for 3 years but could no longer bear using thier stupid joystick that failed everytime! I then got an N73 followed by an N97 (both of which I love). I hope this love affair continues with the N8. Now I have to just find out why the hell I can't load Ovi suite onto my laptop!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I srill miss my 3210 the best i ever had.. spending ages  typing in your one tune

Please use plain text.