Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Open letter to Nokia

Advisor
CR_SG

Have been a faithful user of Nokia for the last 10 years.  But the non-responsiveness of Nokia's support team, the utterly useless OVI Suite (that cannot sync with Outlook 2007) has prompted me to go somewhere else (at least PC-Suite does the job better than OVI Suite).  Have been using Android Phone for the last 12 months.  Tried to get together with Nokia again, with a purchase of N8 a couple of weeks ago - but what a disappointment !! OVI Suite still useless, cannot sync with Outlook.  Going back to my Android device and giving the N8 to my kid to use as a phone, since I would not classify N8 as a SmartPhone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
crashtest

Definitely, it's a smart phone

[ Edited ]

CR_SG wrote:

Going back to my Android device and giving the N8 to my kid to use as a phone, since I would not classify N8 as a SmartPhone.

How do I know N8 is a smartphone? I have C5-00 and it's thinking it's smarter than me.  It's not  a phone any more. It's more than just a phone it has got brain. That's why it is so difficult to use.  It has brain and soul preprogrammed to master its owner. And this **** thing thinks he can oppose me and not to follow my instructions. Why?  This new phone is like an arrogant and ignorant  chess player with superior intelligence who considers the opponent as a pathetic ******* and l****. Sure, he thinks I am a complete i**** and refuses to take s***** orders from me. Me and my phone! it's like the battle of David and Goliath. The phone has got almost everything: It rules your world with the sharp camera eye and with the knowledge of places unknown to most of us via maps. It can connect to the internet or stay connected to the net for years and get the pieces of information what it does not have yet.  However it needs energy and some body to turn it on before it wakes up. While we human beings need fresh food, the phones eat up electricity only to stay alive from day to day and years. While it's not sure whether the food supply can satisfy the demand in the future, there is always electricity in the universe in a way or in another. Long after we humans have gone with no spare parts, the phones are functioning endlessly  with battery replacements.

I am sure that your N8 would like to say to you:  "How dare you say I am not a smartphone!"

But even in the mids of fuming , the phone remembers the troublemaker is  just an inferior human being not worth wasting energy or time.

Moderator's Note:

Language edited by a moderator. Please show some respect towards other users of this public forum. PM Saent to User. -EnioReh01

Please use plain text.
Sage
tribalmasters

Re: Definitely, it's a smart phone

Well said!! Its obvious my Samsung Android phone lacks a soul but my N8 has one! Its like the Amiga home computer or Acorn and Commodore 64 had a soul but the Windows 95 PC did not! Perhaps Windows 7 has a bittle bit of a soul now :smileyhappy: The Nokia is energy efficient, powerful and very smart indeed!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vortigern666

Re: Definitely, it's a smart phone

"Language edited by a moderator."

I'm intrigued as to what they were now.... What sweary begins with an i?! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kuolas

I been a SE user for a long time, I firted with an N95... and I'm back with SE. I don't like it's lies, false promises and the broken Symbian.

Please Nokia: dump Symbian and embrace Android. Use only one OS (don't dare to use Windows Phone 7).

Buying Symbian was your worst business you ever made.

Please use plain text.
Sage
tribalmasters

But...but... if it had Android on it the SMS app will mess up and we lose our texts! Also we want to attach Bluetooth devices without having to get apps to do it! We also don't want the dull depressing themes Android devices usually come with and no way to change them or the bad battery life!
Please use plain text.
letdown6700user

I too have had a long and happy relationship with Nokia going all the way back to the earliest GSM phones, and I have bought Nokia for all my family too. My attitude changed this weekend when, after my 6700 classic suddenly lost all its contacts, I decided I ought to update the software using Ovi to 10.50. Big mistake on my part, look elsewhere on the discussion boards if you want to see other sufferers' comments - I won't repeat them here. Suffice it to say the bloated, slow, badly written Ovi program lost connection with the phone, left my phone in "Test Mode" and managed to wipe my contact list on MS Outlook. Meanwhile the 10.50 software was a downgrade not an upgrade and lost the ability to use POP3 and IMAP to access email and notify me automatically when one arrives. Previously email was integrated into Messages but now I have some nasty, slow little application that does not even use the same fonts and colours as the rest of the phone. Nokia have not responded to the various complaints on the discussion boards going back over the last 9 months and shows a complete lack of respect for its customers. The time I have wasted and the annoyance suffered means I shall definitely be moving to another phone supplier. I don't think we are all Nokia bashers as one reply suggested, just sadly let down by a failing company that won't be around much longer...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
not_fan_nemore

Couldnt have said it any better. With permission would like to repost this with due credits on Nokia's Facebook page.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
1337INT13H

[ Edited ]

I remember back in Mar 09 when I married 5800. Yeah - she was nice. I wasl in love. Still am, but now she's getting an older. I need a new model, something to make me happy & have lots of fun with all over again! Now I've fallen in love with C7, what a Beauty!. I've got a date coming along with her soon. 14 days to find out all about her. If I find her troublesome or not my type then I'll have to stop dating her. 

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ronal_ys

I love this letter..:smileytongue: hehehehe

When I want to buy a new phone, I always look first at nokia products..

But since I bought troubling nokia C6-00, and how poor nokia 'care' their customer..

They will be my last option to buy a new phone, of course by reading customer review first..

Sorry.. Trusting nokia no more!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arthz

My Nokia history:

- 3210 first handphone with internal antenna. It's a brick. Smart brick. Had my good times with it.

- 3120 when the text messages get to 100+, the phone started to hang and restarts.

- 3220 cute phone and has no problem. But now I have to remove the vibrate hardware because it always vibrating until the battery is run out.

- 3660 my first symbian, but somehow it takes up to 5minutes to open the Application (Java folder), and sometimes it just switch-off when I put it in my pocket, sometimes even when I type SMSes.

- C6-00 is a dead brick for sure. Finally my wife agree to take it to the NOKIA -who- CARES center.

While my mom, my wife, her brother, and her father never had problems with total of half-dozen of S-ny Eric-son devices.

So I guess I'll switch loyalty, go with the rest of the family, and aim to have EXPERIA X8 as soon as its out.

Please use plain text.
SeeYou

I do feel the same. After a long history with Nokia, I do believe its time to leave.
From 5110 > 6210 > 8210 > 8310 > 8910 > 6100 > 6101 > 6500S > X6 > END with Nokia:smileysad:

Why do I slow down on phones changing, may be because I am more mature or sick of their ways of marketing. Using a same piece of hardware with different case. Not much has been improved, in terms of functionality and user friendliness on smart phone category.

I was so disappointed with the N8 too, I did experience where I had in my x6 running out of Ram, application needed to be close. How hard to get more memory into the phone. I do believe 512MB will provide us a hell better user experience. Since the home screen also eat away the extra 128MB compare to  my x6, therefore, I don't think it is a well design phone.

If the phone always crash on the process you are working on, no matter how cool the phone or  functionality. It still fails from my point of view.

*Please be aware I only have a chance to get hold of retail version of N8 for 5 minutes, my comments may not be 100% accurate, however this is the impression which N8 gave me during those short time of playing around.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PRAnJALH

We will miss you NOKIA... after you go bankrupt!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PRAnJALH

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
crashtest

[ Edited ]

PRAnJALH wrote:
We will miss you NOKIA... after you go bankrupt!!!

Hardly Nokia goes bankcrupt, but we do cause we have to update phones every two years and hang around this forum for weeks in order to get answers to our problems.  Your info is very much out of date.  Please use proper and current data

http://investors.nokia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=107224&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1485355&highlight=

The last quarter went nicely and smoothly for Nokia.  And see this: People are enjoying and praising the new N8 a lot.

http://mynokiablog.com/2010/10/31/mega-gallery-happy-halloween-with-the-nokia-n8-incredible-extreme-...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PRAnJALH

Hats off to your patience 'crashtest'. Keep hoping... All the best!!! You Nokia will care 4 u!!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

tho off topic i feel compelled to comment on PRAnJALH's statements. Nokia will be just fine....it still continues to be a mobile phone of choice for most of the world. now they have made some poor choices in regards to their smartphone division but in reality it is only a part of Nokia product portfolio...Nokia as a company is still doing well. You just commented on a division of what Nokia provides to customers and there is so much more than that....
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sentimentGX4

[ Edited ]

The problem is that the smartphone division is the only division that is lucrative now or in the foreseeable future. Nokia LOST money last year.

Apple has 4% market share and 50% of the profit. Nokia only makes as much as RIM and its outlook is negative.

tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/10/30/iphone-4-of-market-50-of-profit/

There's no longer much reason for Nokia to sell feature phones. Nokia still has some cash left but I would not be surprised if it bankrupted in 2 years if something drastic isn't done.

Nokia as a whole is NOT doing well. It is literally hemorrhaging blood.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

sentimentGX4 wrote:

The problem is that the smartphone division is the only division that is lucrative now or in the foreseeable future. Nokia LOST money last year.

That's not true. Nokia's smartphone range is what grabs the Nokia headlines and is significant in the western world, but Nokia's "bread and butter" is selling normal phones from the S30 and S40 ranges in Asia and Africa - a market where Nokia is still strong.

When you compare companies against each other, you have to consider the different markets. You can't simply stand any company like Nokia and Apple next to each other and assume that their overall profits against their smartphone market share and draw any solid conclusions.

Nokia's smartphones are a relatively small proportion of its overall business because it has its finger in so many pies, whereas Apple, it has a much more limited portfolio whose primary segments are computers, music playes and phones plus related services. Apple's smartphone business is its most successful division and has even dragged up flagging sales of Apple computers, Nokia's smartphones are significant, but by no means its most important business.

Please use plain text.
singhlp

[ Edited ]

Sir,

I am the user of NOKIA mobile handset for last 8 years. I had purchased a handset Nokia 2690 IMEI No. ******** from your authorised dealer M/s Rajivsons Moradabad- 244001, U.P. India. this handset was not working for that i approached your Nokia care center, Rajivsons at Moradabad. they took my handset on 21.10.2010 for repair after reminder, on 02.11.2010 they convey me to collect the handset. today i.e. 03.11.2010 i apprached them to collect the same. they provided me a handset bearing IMEI no. ***************** after getting my signautre and the customer copy of JOBSHEET no. 186433527/10102/38. i requested tem to provide me customer copy of jobsheet but they denied and told me that as per the policy of company we have to collect  customer copy which shall be submitted to company.

In this regard i have to say that for the record of jobs done by Nokia care, customer copy should be provided to the customer. If there is no provision for this i request you to make a change in the policy for providing a copy of each and every job sheet to customer also.

thanking you

L P Singh

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Personal information has been removed from this post as it is unwise to post such information in a public web forum. Please bear in mind, the boards here are for user-to-user support only. If you want to provide any feedback directly to Nokia,  we suggest that you use the 'Contact us' link at the top of the page or contact your local Nokia Care line.

Message Edited by Aikin19 on 03-November-2010

Please use plain text.