Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Open letter to Nokia

Contributor
DutchKiwi65

Update for the updateable:

The Rekindling of our relationship..... we're being councelled here for the greater good!

Yes, received my N8 back from NokiaCare - all fixed up, updated and cleaned :smileysurprised:

After "testing" this phone for 4 days and giving it a damn good workout, the Naight has become a joy to own and work with. As with the N97 there's a few little things to get used to, but it's like driving a new car. Suddenly you find features and options you never thought off.....

The operating system is fast and (now) reliable, and functions very well when multiple applications are working (unlike my old N95 and N97). Maps and SW Updater have improved and are faster, and even the call clarity somehow has improved?!?!?

The Camera (although originally not thought of as vital) is amazing and have "retired" the Canon Camera

Do I really need to go on?

I'm still finding more and more gadgets and useful applications, but sofar it's been a great business phone / portable office....!! :smileysurprised::smileyhappy:

Awwww Nokia - still love ya. . . :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
angryuser0000

my last nokia would be a 1208. a cheap series 30 phone. i realise thats what nokia is good at. simple to use, reliable, long battery life... like my first love.

now... move over to android
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

One thing about Nokia's is they are reliable, My first Nokia was a 3330. I was in need of a Cell phone and I chose this because a colleague of mine dropped one from 4 floors and when he assembled it back it just worked even today thier handsets have that reliability. I have gone from nokia to sony ericsson, motorola and back to Nokia again. currently with E72 and N8.

I have seen no other phone with the battery life as E72. It just goes on and on. I have the e72 for about 6 months now and I charge once a week, sometimes its 10 days. Thier user interface is a bit outdated, they are listening and the fix is on the way. My next phone will be a meego.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

To be honest, the N95 was a bloody good phone.  I only just gave her up, despite having had the N96 on the side for the last two years; I was happier with the N95 and just saw the N96 occasionally for a change of scenery, as it were.  As long as you kept up with the firmware, the N95 did well and her navigation was certainly better than that of any woman I've ever known.

I wouldn't touch Apple, she's a stuck up b|tch anyway.  Way too full of herself, bound to be high maintenance that one.

Please use plain text.
AndiB

I was contemplating a return to the Nokia fold, after an extensive sojourn with HTC, and checked out the N900 / N8. Oh dear... what have you done, Nokia? You have put out 2 phones, where one would have satisfied so many of us... a large screen touchphone, with a slide-out qwerty board, the excellent Maemo operating system, an improved battery (improved over the iphone batt time), deeper colours, an automatic default to the home screen, more apps (get the kids from France/Russia/India/China/Scotland who fill my inbox with spam and junk, and offer them prizes and money and stuff, to design apps for your store!!), and a physical size the same or thinner than an iphone 3G... and the ability to buy the phone, charge the battery, and immediately make calls, take and save pics, browse and post to twitter & facebook etc, listen to music/radio, and send texts (we can read the manual later, when we need to do all the other stuff). Where is the phone... I want to buy it! Oh well, at least I still have my clunky ol' HTC HD2... it does some things ok. Maybe next time, Nokia.... my N95 was the best phone I ever owned... but that was soooo long ago.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pabilaner

funny
Please use plain text.
oldemar

Hi Vandelay,

i hope you have been successful and found somebody interested in edcracknells letter. I was satisfied with my nokia phones over the past 15 years. Since psion closed down, i moved to the communicator line. Since my E90 becomes a bit worn out i wanted to change to a N97, with the same experiences like edcracknell. I sent it to the service three times this year and they fixed a few scratches on the outer shell, along with an automised message, that the fixed, but without answering to my complaints about. I didn´t like the apples and black berries at the grocery, but at the moment nokia fails completely to suit my needs and, as we could read here, many others!

Regards,

Martin 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wal2000

[ Edited ]

Nokia N97 is somewhat a big fail. It has everything but the computer hardware and the OS tweaked to take care of that are too low on their specs to handle everything as they should.
People having bought a N97 should know this is not a good Nokia smartphone, but all the Symbian ^3 seem to be very much better, in another class, since the computer part and software are good, really better, not on par with the N97.
Many web sites have been talking about the N8 as having the same issues as the N97 which is not true. N97 is like an opposite to the N8.

These are clearly misleading people promoting a switch to iPhone or Android, and they are paid to do so or are some fanatic bigots of one brand, mostly Apple.

Because many people are used to be fans of something istead of cold blooded users, Apple has attracted many Nokia used to be fans. Also Android is attracting many geeks from Symbian. This is nothing to do with building good or bad phones. This is something to do with publicity, appearance and snobism.

Not working on MacOSX computers, or not showing off a MacOSX laptop but a PC with Windows, and not using an iPhone has even come to exclusion in business and university in France. It's like using an iPod instead of using another media reader including the well known Archos. Not using an iPod is like not being in touch with culture and is part like everything Apple with the fashion and what you have to show and to wear. It's plain stupid but this is how Apple is perceived in france today. If you want a good smartphone buy a Nokia but don't show it. If you want to show it, buy an iPhone.

I also know someone who owns a Web site who clearly denies acces to full web for Nokia mobiles. So the Nokia browser is not clumsy but some web sites fans of Apple are rejecting Nokia onpurpose. Nokia should make a web browser for their phones that do not give up they are Nokias on Symbian and put it as second browser on Symbian ^3 phones.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Law_CH

[ Edited ]

Great post. I was a loyal Nokia customer for over 10 years, I was a proud owner of N97mini 9 months ago, now I am a frustrated owner of N97mini....waiting for my contract renewal in 3 months time to bail out of Nokia devices for good.

After 9 months with the N97mini, here are my opinions of the N97mini device...

Pro

. Latest version of Ovi Maps is really great

. Clear voice calls

. Nice keyboard

. sportstracker app

Con

. missing switch to turn off 3G data roaming resulting in bill shock

. bloomberg app hangs and extremely sluggish compared to ipod touch version

. Imap email sync forces u to download all inbox headers

. SMS takes 30 secs to send out

. MFE does not support html email

. facebook apps pale in comparison with ipod touch version

. youtube app sluggish

. podcast intermittently does not download

. setting timed profile takes 12 steps!!!!!!!

. lousy 3G reception (need to send phone back to fix antenna problem - known issue)

. occasional phone goes into a weird state, heats up & drains battery and shut off for no reason (no application running) -> need to off/on phone to solve problem (if detected early due to heat)

. cannot use generic usb charger to charge phone, need modified cable with D+/D- shorted

. camera indoor picture quality is very poor, outdoor is acceptable

. intermittently ring tone goes missing causing phone calls/sms not to be alerted (silent), one only knows when checking for missed calls/new sms

. no stock market software (iphone has one by default)

* sigh *

imo, no matter now bitchy apple or google or microsoft is, still way better than current set of  nokia devices.

goodbye nokia

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rpospisi

Re: Missing switch to turn off 3G data roaming resulting in bill shock

Try Roaming Guard, which monitors the application (MMS, E-mail, Web, Mail for Exchange, RoadSync, Skype, Ovi Maps, Assisted GPS and Other data) access to the internet and, according to selected settings, enables or denies this access. Roaming Guard is available on the Ovi Store for 1 EUR.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tahvo

Loyal to the end people !!

Please use plain text.
Sage

With the risk of getting more thinly veiled threats from some Nokia goon about not being constructive:

With a complete lemon like the N97, the problem plagued N8 and a sluggish, the more or less stillborn Maemo, the launch of the E7 canceled (to avoid another N97 or N8 fiasco) and a behemoth of a sync software like Ovi-Suite, it s no big surprise that Nokia's stock market value has nosedived from about 300 Billion € in the year 200 to 30 Billion € today. (source: SPIEGEL Online, Original article in German here)

Yep, that's a 90% plunge in 10 years. I am afraid that says it all.

Ever seen a black lemon? They turn black when they rot. My N97 is black. 'nuff said
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Law_CH

Re: Missing switch to turn off 3G data roaming resulting in bill shock

Maybe Nokia should buy out RoamingGuard and give it out free to all users to redeem itself from missing out this functionality.

I 've already paid a few hundred bucks for the N97mini and I wont waste another dime on Nokia apps...and save up for my next phone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Law_CH

[ Edited ]

Ha ha, -90% in 10 years....maybe a penny stock within the next few years. :smileysad:

If Nokia really takes feedback in this forum, I am sure they will know where to move their resources to....fixing the issues in their current installed base with an eye to retain them at the next phone upgrade. As a customer, I don't seem to see them active in this area.

Once their current installed base moves on to competition...Nokia most likely to end up in penny stock zone. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Solvere

Help Nokia

Please wake up Nokia Love, simplify and simplify your design, after knowing, mastering what is necessary, what is higher priority.

If you need help come to me, my love.

I do not divorce any since the first one, because i learn to keep them happy, shining like an apple by keeping their life simple, their mind sharp.

When i was invited to design for a website for Diplomats and rich and powerful  of a nations, i instructed the designer not to have more than three button a window. and not more than three layer down. Because these users are either idiots in computer or do not have time to sit in front of computer. this was a social network  before Facebook came up.

Why many are divorcing Nokia is because Nokia gave too many things without thinking what is priority, how to group them. Because Nokia think the world is complex because their designer mind can only handle simple things - so they add buttons, make buttons into belts, and decorate the window all over with belts and belts of buttons.

Today, i try to get a map downloaded, on Ovi, after many try, loop around, still coming back to the same screen http://maps.nokia.com/services-and-apps/ovi-maps/ovi-maps-main. Asking me which model i have.

After doing this for five times, i think it is enough. No spouse is so naggy.

Spouse is naggy, because Spouse may be passionate about us.

Nokia is so naggy, because designer has lost what are necessity, among them how to prioritize them.

No knowing, so put everything together, and finally we loop around and we sink back.

while  Nokia rot and apple shines.

Please wake up Nokia Love, simplify and simplify, after knowing, mastering what is necessary, what is higher priority.

If you need help email me, my love.

I do not divorce any since the first one, because i learn to keep them happy, shining like an apple by keeping their life simple, their mind sharp.

Please help me to download map, in three clicks.

Please use plain text.
yuuki_andrea

Nice one...

Share similar sentiments, true to nokia for more than 10 years...felt that the last straw is when my N8 died on me a few days ago while I merely powered up the video editor app. It refused to start up...and the Nokia Care officer was soooo "helpful".

The tauted "Apple killer" - N8 (brand new), crashed when its video editor app is started up, 5 days  in repair and no news...nice one

I think I'll consider getting iphone5 when it is out...Nokia just lost another customer...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GiveWay

You encourage me to tell about my love story; I felt in love since the “Banana” days, remember that curved body with the elegant sliding? Any ways I’ve been with Nokia for many years, tried the HTC and the SAMSUNG Omnia but I couldn’t communicate with Windows as an operating system for my mobile, I’ve suffered enough from it on my computer :smileyvery-happy:

After the N97 I became totally unhappy with Nokia and the iPhone4 was out so I went for it, it is totally different experience and very pleasing one. Only after one month of my relationship with Apple the N8 was out there and simply enough I couldn’t resist it, it is what you may call “Love at the first site” so I get one for myself although I was on a limited budget. Now I have to admit that “Variations” is the key of happiness, the iPhone 4 is one of a kind and the N8 is a pleasure to use and built like a true flagship.

I hope I can keep a good and intimate relation with both of them.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Uduakommiri

I love nokia so much. I don't think i can ever stop using it. I started using it since 11 years ago. There is no other mobile phone product that can be compared with it in terms of durability,affordability,features etc. Currently i'm using 5130. I want to upgrade to n8 or c7 but my problem is where to buy the authentic and original one from nigeria. Pls help me with address. Thank you.lol
Please use plain text.
takis_au

To the point though, is there any thing planned to fix the problem?
Please use plain text.
oldemar

No, my dear Akuma07,

it´s a forum of disappointed Nokia Fans. Since I Had a bicycle Wheels by Nokia, I admired the products. You can see the long list of Nokia phones edcracknell had. Mine isn´t short either. Maybe Nokia should see that sometimes less is more. Just a few improvements and adjustments to today would have made my E90 wonderful. But the N97 is a bug in itself. I had it back from the service now for the third time. Not the slightest attempt of an explanation, no regrets..., can you understand this?

But for the last one and a half hours I try to install my WiFi access to my own home network, which the phone had, before I sent it in.

I know the problems with iPhones, HTC or others, but to me the E7-00 is the last chance to keep me as an "Nokianist". Which is odd, because the years before the N97 it was me, that convinced the company and many colleagues to use Nokia-phones instead to the BlackBerry devices for people who want more. Our administrator will be lucky to close down the intellisync server.

And I will be lucky, if my mail gets posted, because the headers says "An Unexpected Error has occured".

Regards,

Martin

Please use plain text.