Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Opera Mobile / Mini N95

Counsellor

Opera Mobile / Mini N95

Anyone ever used either on their phone? I love Opera Mini on my 6288 and might give Mini or Mobile a go on my N95 8GB - is Mobile better than Mini and worth the $24 (£12)?

Anyone got an experiences?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bogdangaliceanu

Re: Opera Mobile / Mini N95

[ Edited ]
I have tried both on my N95. In my opinion, Opera mini is pretty bad compared to the N95 8GB's browser. Opera mobile is a very good browser, but I'm not usre it's really worth 24$. Give it a try first (it has a trial period of 30 days)

Message Edited by bogdangaliceanu on 02-Feb-2008 05:49 PM
Bogdan Galiceanu
http://nokiamobileblog.blogspot.com

There's a thing in my pocket, but it's not one thing, it's many.
Please use plain text.
Sage
naser_2200

@ mattbattprod
it depends on your need.
u r right about opera mini,it is great and of course FREE.
if u only use it for web surfing so it is obvious,go for Mini
but if u want some extra go for mobile.
i test both of them and found mini is somthing else ;-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I always found the default S60 browser 'Good enough' - it has a mouse, and a cool view when you scroll quickly.

It loads some site very slowly though (Wikipedia is the worst iv seen) and its Zoom features are a bit tricky, but its a very solid browser with very near-desktop results.

On my 6288 - Opera Mini is AMAZING - its incredibly fast, loads all pages supurbly, and the zoom-in-and-out features are second to none. My 6288 runs rings around many other more moden phones with Opera Mini.

Thats why I will give it a go when I get my N95 in a few days - But im thinking - Opera Mini might be designed more-so for those slower, smaller phones and the N95 might need a bit more 'oomph' so Ill try out Opera Mobile, see how I get on with it.

Unless it offers much over the S60 Web app, I dont think ill swap.
Please use plain text.
Professor

Opera Mobile IMO is not a great browser and needs a serious update, but it does one thing that no other browser can currently do - It can download any file from the internet, including those that are not recognised by the N95.

Opera Mini if ok, and worth serious consideration if you have an expensive data plan because it compresses the data traffic to your phone.

But overall my personal favourite is the inbuilt browser. I use that, and Opera Mobile for downloading unrecognised file types (.torrent files!)
Please use plain text.