Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Opera mini on nokia c2-00

Ndunde

Opera mini on nokia c2-00

Please help. I have bought a nokia c2-00 which is dual sim. The default Internet browser works but my provider has failed to make the opera mini work. The opera mini comes loaded under me applications. The opera mini gives the message "failed to connect to the Internet ... Contact service provider for Internet settings" . What do I do? I prefer opera mini.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
axcbd

Re: Opera mini on nokia c2-00

I have the same problem , opera mini get not connection to internet, the preinstall opera work. I have installed Google-maps and Weather forecast application- the same problem applications get no connection to the internet ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kalouni

same prob also happened to me , can any 1 help me 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kalouni

will nokia help us
Please use plain text.
bobgals

i have same problem here with nokia c2-00. i can't connect to internet using pre installed OM browser. i hope this problem will be address  on their next SW upgrading..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
brhmnnthm

Please help. I have bought a nokia c2-00 which is dual sim. The default Internet browser works but my provider has failed to make the opera mini work. The opera mini comes loaded under me applications. The opera mini gives the message "failed to connect to the Internet ... Contact service provider for Internet settings" . What do I do? I prefer opera mini.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Under Opera Mini Settings-->Advance (Last option)-->Connection..set 'Use System default' and check again..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tjml

Try these steps...

1. Go to Settings > Configuration > Preferred access point > Chose your service provider's settings. (if not available then ask the service provider to send GPRS/EDGE Settings.)

2. Select the application > options > app. access > communication > network access > now choose always allowed or ask first time. after this open the application this will ask you choose always allow or allow. e.g go to applications > opera > now press the options button instead of open > then choose from list app. access so on...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

2 or 3 times update to latest firmware v 03.95Till now not working at all plz solve this problem.hep plzzz don't let me my precius nokia c2-00 to throw 2 dust bin.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

2 or 3 times update to latest firmware v 03.95 Till now not working at all plz solve this problem.hep plzzz don't let me my precius nokia c2-00 to throw 2 dust bin.
Please use plain text.
jugalgala

I have the same problem. I have latest software 03.82 but to no avail. I cant change gprs settings manually. Hence I cant access opera mini. I hope nokia will upgrade software soon keeping this in mind. Nokia Pls help us.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

You have to contact your service provider for the appropriate settings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I hve contact costcare 2 network provider still not solving problem.i can connect through build in nokia browser with setting that network provider send me.cant conect through java app that require internet such as ucweb,nimbuzz,opera mini.this is problem is 4 all nokia c2-00 i think (my frend also same problem who own nokia c2-00).i resently buy nokia x2-02 it can aces internet through opera mini,ucweb,nimbuzz so on with same operator.plz solve this problem.in firmware 3.95 there is mnual configuration setting i hve create new setting but problem prist.i also like to view youtube in nokia c2-00 as well plz solve all that issue complain by us (your customer) thanks..
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Now i update upto firmware 3.99 still not solving problem i think it lack of defalt in all app option in configuration setting..so any body want 2 buy this fone plz dont buy this it can't play youtube steaming that old nokia 2690 do.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Edwinpj

For BSNL users in Kerala,Tamil nadu.etc
Go to Menu>settings>configuration>SIM 1/ SIM 2>Web set as BSNL LIVE and Access point set as BSNL NET.Then try opera mini once again.
Hope this information is helpful.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kmk7

Contact your operator for the configuration settings then try and default browser doesn't need the operator's settings so it works but other apps need it firmware update has nothing to do with this :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lordkrishna

[ Edited ]

All users of C2-00.  Don't worry.  The version of Opera given in the C2-00 is difficult to use.  Instead download the Opera mini version 4.4 using your regular mobile browser from the link:  http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/nokia/c2-00/    and install in the phone and use it.   It instantly shows the pages without problems.  Prablem solved.   Be happy.  

If this reply helps you, give a kudos to me.  I know this will definitely help you. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
robaomer

i have similar problem,my nokia c2-00 doesn't connect internet when using applications requiring data connection,even the pre installed opera mini.i think the nokia company itself unable to solve its own device.but if there is someone who is smart enough than the developer of nokia c2-00 is there,i would like him to tell me how to solve this problem of almost all users of c2-00.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
robaomer

if there is no help,nokia c2-00 is going to be used only for phone calls. No connection to the internet using applications.what a hell with this device?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
milki22

The solution for the problem is throw c2-00 away or give to those use only calls and buy differen phone if you have money otherwise use the default browser like the cheap china home made phones.
Please use plain text.