Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Maps on Nokia X2?

Counsellor

Ovi Maps on Nokia X2?

Hi,

I am planning to buy a Nokia X2. Is there any way to install Ovi Maps on that? Even if it does not have GPS - I would still like to install Ovi Maps to browse the map.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Re: Ovi Maps on Nokia X2?

Hi,

At least currently that is not possible.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Hi whiteboard,

You can try an alternative application to view maps such as Google Maps while it is compatible with most Java-enabled phones, certain features, including My Location and Google Latitude, may not be supported on the Nokia X2. But at least it enables you to view maps via GPRS/EDGE connection.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

Hi NJ15,

I am more interested in Ovi Maps as I don't need a data connection just to browse the maps.

Thanks for your advice though.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rajat369

Can i get the download link from where can i download that google maps because most of time , my downloaded google maps file doesn't work and exit automatically from my nokia x2-01
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rajat369

Is there is any maps realted software that works on nokia x2-01. Using GPRS/EGPRS
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rajat369

No idea for ovi maps on nokia x2-01
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Rajat369 wrote:
Can i get the download link from where can i download that google maps because most of time , my downloaded google maps file doesn't work and exit automatically from my nokia x2-01

Try from m.google.co.uk/maps

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alanmh

Nokia X3-00 is virtually the same device but it comes with Ovi maps, wish the X2 had maps, come on Nokia get it sorted!
Please use plain text.
amit_29aug

Hi!
Google map also works in nokia x2-01 like other non QWERTY phones.The way to use google maps application is, open the google maps application and press arrow key (which is located in left bottom) 2times rapidly, then your QWERTY keypad will work like NUMERIC keypad, now you can use zoom in, zoom out and other options by pressing 1,2,3,* etc.
-Amit Kumar
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
awaistunio420

why only nokia x2-00 dont have nokia maps but other s40 phones have nokia maps like nokia 3600 slide or nokia 2700 classic ?

Please use plain text.