Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Store NOT working on E7 after hard-reset

Contributor
il_maskera

Ovi Store NOT working on E7 after hard-reset

Dear all,

my new nokia e7 had an hardware problem, so I brought it one of the Nokia repair centre in Dublin.
They have fix it but they also have done an hardreset of the phone (aslo loading the wrong firmware but at least in one week (...) they have fix this).

The results is that OVI STORE is not working anymore on the smartphone and THEY DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

Do you have any suggestions to fix this situations?
it is one month that they have my mobile phone.

I am disgusted.

best.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Nokia care point flash devices for almost any problem and as far as E7 is concerned, after hard reset, only Nokia care center can get the Ovi store back on the device. I tried with whatever stuff Nokia has to make it work but I couldn't install Ovi store on my E7 as I did a hard reset(four/three fingers reset, not *#7370# reset), this removes 'some' Ovi store file which, I beleive, only Nokia care center have in their systems. So get back to them.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hawknz

Hello

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Can you download OVI store? If yes can you install it?

If you said No to any of those here is what you need to do.

Go to you normal Nokia web browser, then select  "options" and then "Clear privacy data" and then select "All". After that restart your Nokia E7 and try to download or install Ovi store again.

Worked for me, If that still doesnt work then I`m not too sure :-)

Let me know if it worked or not.

Thanx

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Did exactly the same thing with mine E7 due to it refused to boot. Since it corrupts or deletes needed files/register which is needed to run Ovi store, very much likely to be QT related, Ovi store won't work or update or install...

Recently there has been some post regarding to restoring Ovi store on S^3 devices which has been exposed to a hard reset, but it's hard to verify if this will work with the E7 as I have only seen posts on N8/C7. And it seems to be a bit confusion regarding what exactly the hard reset is. I think a lot of users believe the hard reset is something else than the 3+1 button salute. Anyway, maybe you could verify it?

What you do is to go into your phone settings and select delete and restore. After the phone has bootet go to the SW updater app and check if an ovi store update is available. If so, try to run it and see if it works. If not try open the ovi store app and/or go to ovi store with your mobile browser to see if you can download and install it.

If this does not work, you will as krizanand has already mentioned, take it to a Nokia care point. They should have the needed tools to completely flash the whole firmware package onto your phone again. They did that on mine. If they for some stupid reasons take shortcuts and just reinstalls the firmware with ovi suite, it will not work as it does not containt the whole package. They will need to use their special software tools and flash it completely. If they don't know how to do it, they should manage to contact Nokia and get help with how to do it. Sending you home is stupid. You have to tell them that they will need to flash it and not do a hard reset!

Good luck mate!
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

@hawknz not sure how you got it worked but I find no relevance with Ovi store installation, after hard reset(three finger reset), to what you have said. Something goes missing in regards to Ovi store after hard reset on E7 which cannot be installed or retrieved by the user, well that's how it is so far.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@hawknz: Was writing my post when you posted yours.

@kriz: Yeah, I have yet to see if it works, but there was a Nokia emplyee here on the forum saying that it was now possible to restore ovistore after a hard reset, but that was regarding to a N8 I think. Did you see the post. Will see if I can find it.

If however it turns out to be possible now, it's good and not soon enough, but I still have my doubts. :smileyhappy:

How long was it since you did the hard reset on yours, kriz?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Actually here it is: Click this link

But there are reports of it not working too. What a mess this is!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

@Fender I saw that method on the web and later on the forum it works only after soft reset(*#7370). I've tried every method in a sane and insane way, in a logical, crude and stupid way LOL.... to get Ovi store working on my E7 all have failed miserably. It has been since April I'm without Ovi store and 3G ;-) what a mess I am in :smileyvery-happy:..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

I see, that's what I thought. And as i mentioned above there has been too much confusion about what's hard reset and whats not.

But it might be fixed for the N8 at least regarding to pj98's post specific pointing out the 3 finger reset.

Too many mixed messages on this matter. Hopefully we can sort this out with some final advices soon.

Looks like it works for some and for others not.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Yes, I agree with you Fender many refer *#7370# as hard reset, which is basically a format-phone memory/soft reset, and say they've got Ovi store back, first the reset confusion has to be cleared. I'm hoping that Anna update will solve the Ovi store problem, fingers crossed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Not a solution for OTA guys, but the new Beta Labs version of Ovi Suite allows you to download direct via PC if phone is connected :smileyhappy:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-ovi-suite-beta

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
garrysandhu020

i have same problem ovi application is not working on my nokia e7 plese splve this problem i am very dissopintent from nokia i bought this phone from india and i am using this phone in europe but i do not no what to do now pls do something

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

[ Edited ]

I feel like my problem is kinda my fault, so no screaming at Nokia here :smileywink:

I wanted to have Nokia Pure font on my new E7, so I googled it and followed the simple instructions. Then after that worked, 90% of my downloaded apps lost their icons! They just showed a red and white jigsaw icon. So I thought, I should do that Delete & Restore thing and just start again, and do the font first, then download the apps, and voila! It worked perfectly. Didn't take too long to download all those apps either.

BUT...

I then went to SW Update in the E7 and saw there was an Ovi Store update, so I thought, better update then, (even though it was working just fine). That's when it stopped working, and only takes me to the green/blue Loading page. Stuck. I've tried downloading it again and reinstalling it, no joy, same problem.

I hope when Anna comes out it'll magically fix the Store. I'm just glad I got most of what I wanted from the Store before I updated it, and broke it.  :smileysad:

UPDATE: just installed Nokia Drop, and it installed 4 important files along with it, that fixed the Ovi Store. I'm a happy camper again!  :smileyhappy:

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
flakiebeest

same problem

just updated to Anna, still nothing...

installed Nokia Drop, still nothing...

can anyone help me sort this out?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stanleyrs

Hi in my E7 ovi store not working after E7-belle installation, I did *#7370# reset able to work

Please use plain text.
Sage
Dan555

Try downloading and installing http://lr.ovi.mobi/store/new-symbian-3 using the built-in web browser.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Samo_Krose

okay might this one help everyone

here i have my phone E7 freez and then i have turn off after turning it on won't boot, so i was searching for solution i have read about hard reset, so i did that with the 4/3 finger, so it worked, but the problem was the ovi store vanished, so i have to search by google for a slution and i have tried the most, none of it worked,

such as

download qt and then install ovi store it will work, didn't work

format the E memory,  and then download again the qt and reinstall the ovi store didn't also worked as it says unable to install, blah blah

so i almost give up after i thought of it little bit,

i have connected my phone to nokia suit, and reinstall the update nokia belle anna, so after reinstalling the update and voila the ovi store back and i'm using it right now,

i did write this so hope it work for others,

sincere regards,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khattta

anyone tried this ?
store.ovi.com/content/5406
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@khattta

If you have carried out "hard reset" probably best trying Store QML Client from Nokia Beta Labs http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/store-qml-client sign-in with Nokia ID & password to restore function.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.