Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi maps on Nokia 5230

sister_sestina

Ovi maps on Nokia 5230

Hi all, I have a nice, shiny new 5230 and have a quick question. Is there a way of using Ovi maps without the phone connecting to the internet everytime? I thought I had disabled the connection, but it just connects up every time I open maps. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Ovi maps on Nokia 5230

Yes, turn off A-GPS and network positioning and use only integrated GPS. You get fixes slower though and less accurate.

Go to Menu>Apps>Location>Position>Positioning Settings and untick everything except for integrated GPS.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Whildesheim

Re: Ovi maps on Nokia 5230 navigation without connecting to the net possible?

After starting a route on any map I am asked whether I want an internet connection to the shop which I do not want. Although I made any connection impossible (hopefully) because I want a free of charge navigation - may it be not as precise as possible - the message still appears and after anwering - no - the blue route disappears. Question: What did I do wrong or what settings do I have to set?  The answer in Re: Ovi maps on Nokia 5230 from 10-Apr- 2010 did not help. Also there is no >Apps>Location>Position  path on my 5230.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

You don't have the free version of maps. You need to update to 3.03.

http://www.nokia.com/maps
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ghostmw2

[ Edited ]

sorry to hijack this post.... Does the nokia 5233 have integrated gps? I mean not a-gps, I just saw it has network based and bluetooth gps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

It would appear not.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
luthra45

hi,

i wanted to know that integrated gps in nokia 5230 shows accurate location or distance.

please reply me,

with regards.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Depends on your definition of accurate. GPS accuracy can be affected by atmospheric conditions. weather, obstacles etc, and all this before you consider the innacuracies designed ionto the system. While I would not use it to survey a property, most of the time, it is accurate enough for it's intended purpose, which is navigation.

Please use plain text.