Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi suite won't recognise E7-00

Registered Member
midgetbiker

Ovi suite won't recognise E7-00

Help anyone: I have a new E7-00 and a PC running Vista. When I install Ovi suite and conect the phone then Ovi always says that the phone is not in PC suite (or Ovi suite) mode, but it is. I can never get beyond this which means Ovi doesn't link with the phone, I can't sync, and the phone is basically only any use as a paper weight. Nokia helpline has acknowledged a problem with the USB drivers for the E7 but offered no solution. I've spent hours on this and am getting desperate, any suggestions? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

[ Edited ]

Hi I have E7 , but use Windows 7, and don't have the problem. But with problems in the past I've removed all Nokia/Ovi software from the computer, including drivers and anything mentioning Nokia or Ovi, then run Nokia PC Cleaner, available from Nokia web site. Then install the latest version of Ovi Suite, Also with every Nokia I've owned, both PC Suite and Ovi suite have ,on occasion, failed to connect straight away, and have needed to be quickly disconnected and re-connected to the usb cable 2 or 3 times (untill the phone says it's charhing) and then it's been fine, The latest Ovi suite should have all the latest drivers, but you can also download driver packs from the Nokia web site, Oh and prior to the last 12 months I was using Vista.

Good Luck

PS you can still sync your phone via your Ovi Account, the E7 has the settings pre-intalled :smileywink:

https://contactsui.ovi.com/contacts?lang=en&country=GB

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

I've had no problems connecting my E7 to various desktops. It can take some time to find and load the drivers, but it has always worked. However, I recently tried to connect it to my laptop, and it won't find or load the cable drivers, despite looking on the web, loading the newest Ovi version, downlopading the cable drivers directly from Nokia, etc. My cable is the ca-179, which was included. However, I note that other users have the ca-101, which is included in some E7 packages. Anyone else have this issue, and would using the ca-101 make a difference? thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
markcoe69

same prob here , im trying to reinstall nokia suite now to see if it solves anything

I HATE THE N8 ALPHA NUMERIC KEYPAD MENU BUTTON!!! - what idiot put it under the spacebar!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
markcoe69

that fixed it - repair nokia suite by downloading it again
I HATE THE N8 ALPHA NUMERIC KEYPAD MENU BUTTON!!! - what idiot put it under the spacebar!
Please use plain text.