Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Packet data connection problem - N97 mini

elari

Packet data connection problem - N97 mini

Hello,

I have a problem with my N97 mini, which I got recently. Namely, when making a call, the pop-up message with a notification beep says, that packet data connection is on hold. When ending a call, the pop-up message says, the "packet data connection is active" again.

I tried pressing the terminate(red) button for a few seconds and it asked for "End Packet data Connection", and i pressed yes. For few seconds packet data connection is getting disconnected. But after few seconds again it is getting activated.

I also changed the connection settings from the menu - Settings>Connectivity>Destinations>Internet - to "Use access point" to After confirmation (from Automatic). This did not solve the problem as the packet data connection is still active in stand by mode and the pop-up messages keep appearing.

How do I get rid of this annoying message?

How does this active data packet connection influence my phone's battery life?

Does this active connection move also any data "on the backround", which will cost me?

Could You please advise on the topic?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Packet data connection problem - N97 mini

this is how to stop this connecting
Menu>Settings>Connectivity>Admin. Settings>Packet Data

Change connection to when needed from when available.

this wiill use some battery if you have not data plan it will cost you
if you have any apps or email client that need a data connection this will cost so they would need to be removed so turn it of 1st and see if it starts up again then we can guide you the rest of the way

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.