Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Phone Backup Issue

Contributor

Phone Backup Issue

I finally got a memory card for my phone and tried to perform a backup. When I inspected memory card it shows no Contacts, Messages, etc. How do I get the Contacts to be backed up on my memory card?

An editorial note: I am really disappointed in the Nokia documentation. I have searched for specific items of interest (e.g., backups) and find no, or totally insufficient information on a function that is built in. Really horrible technical writing, especially from the perspective of a new user.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: Phone Backup Issue

hwrd69 wrote:

I finally got a memory card for my phone and tried to perform a backup. When I inspected memory card it shows no Contacts, Messages, etc. How do I get the Contacts to be backed up on my memory card?

An editorial note: I am really disappointed in the Nokia documentation. I have searched for specific items of interest (e.g., backups) and find no, or totally insufficient information on a function that is built in. Really horrible technical writing, especially from the perspective of a new user.

Thanks

I think it could be usefull to mention what phone you use.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Sorry, thought I did. It is the E63.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Are your contacts and messages saved in the phone memory or on the SIM card? You can also use Nokia PCSuite to make a backup (.nbu) and use Noki to view the contents of this .nbu.

http://www.nokisoft.com/

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks. I will check and see where they are stored. I wanted the capability to store them on the meory card so that I can do it more readily just in case that moment occurs that something happens I will have it easily transferable (at least in theory). As I use this phone more and more I am finding more things I either can't figure out or the documentation doesn't cover.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

You might want to download the user guide found here: http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-and-software/product-support/e63-support/guides

But be aware it is over 140 pages if you are going to try and print.

If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.