Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Phone Power saving wont work and "flash on" by...

Contributor
bigd808

Phone Power saving wont work and "flash on" by holding down slider wont work either****808 pureveiw

Apparently i sm the only one with this problem, It appears to have happend after the "telephony" update for 808 pureview. UK product code

Everytime i plug my phone in or battery runs down it says"Unable to turn power saving on" also i used to be able to turn flash on to use as a flashlight by holding down slider, now THAT does not work...does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?? Thank you.

Counsellor
f_pokrandt

Re: Phone Power saving wont work and "flash on" by holding down slider wont work either****808 pureveiw

As far as I know, the LED-as-torch-function does not work in power saving mode. And a "Disable power saving mode?"-popup pops up when the charger is connected, but it isn't forced. LED as torch should work when the charger is connected and charging and powersaving mode is off.

These are just my observations, but I don't even see the telephony update yet (on a German, unbranded, white 808).

6600 -> N90 -> N95 8GB -> (skipped N97) -> N8 -> N950 -> 808 PureView
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Phone Power saving wont work and "flash on" by holding down slider wont work either****808 pureveiw

bigd808 wrote:

also i used to be able to turn flash on to use as a flashlight by holding down slider, now THAT does not work..

Just to confirm that upon 059P6W5 (UK CV) on 113.010.1508 provided power saving mode is OFF keeping slider down for 2 seconds switches flashlight on and about 2 - 3 seconds needed to switch it back off. If connected to AC charger and power saving mode is off I can switch it on and vice versa.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0