Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Phone Startup Failed. Contact the retailer

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

History of problem:

1) My E51 was stolen

2) I then bought a new E51, inserted my replacement SIM and all worked fine

3) I then restored one of my previous backups (using Nokia PC Suite) on to the new E51

4) The phone now will not start. It says "Phone Start-up failed. Contact the retailer"

5) I can't get Nokia PC Suite to recognise the device now and so can't do anything. 

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: Phone Startup Failed. Contact the retailer

try code number 2 and see if it works. perhaps restore has your old phone imei imbedded somewhere and hence does not want to work i dont know. if this does not work take it to nokia care for assistance. the default is always 12345 and remove the memory card if doing formats and such.

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list.
2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is dead proceed with reflash if not, turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
re-flash - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service.

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Absolute genius!

Thank you so much!

I had to use Option 3 btw.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

hey just glad it worked out for you :smileyhappy:  and you are very welcome
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

you r just great

last option worked for me e51

thanks a lot for contributing your time 

wish u a best luck

Please use plain text.
cyfo

Re: Phone Startup Failed. Contact the retailer. C7

Does these option apply on the latest devices? I upgrade to Symbian Anna and works for some few hours and gave that error. Someone help.....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

option one and two will work on phones with keypads

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
sb_0808

My NOkia 5530 failed to start

It displays Phone Startup Failed Contact the Retailer

can anybody help plz

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@sb_0808

Do you get the same result with/without SIM in device?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
sb_0808

Yes it displays same result
Please use plain text.
sb_0808

plz tell me anything
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Turn off your phone

Press and hold down the Call (green), End (red) and Camera keys.

Turn on the phone without releasing them. Leave these three keys only when you reach the Region selection screen.

If phone then still gives same message, you will have to take it to a local Nokia Care Point.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ozil_Snapback

Can you help me with my nokia C7?

I was installing some software and suddenly it said phone start up failed. Contact retailer.

What can I do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Ozil_Snapback

Although ALL user data would be deleted have you tried keeping "Volume Down + Camera Key + Menu Key" depressed and power on, releasing power button only after first vibration until Nokia "Shaking hands" logo appears?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
seppuku

This is an Anna related problem.

There are bad blocks in flash memory of the phone and they start causing trouble after Anna update. You need to take the phone to the Nokia care point who will reflash the phone in a way it will mark the bad blocks as unusable and be ok after that. Works pretty much like hard disk format.

Since 1610
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zimeo

apergerguy you're MY SAVIOR!
i tried what u suggested and IT WORKED on my c7, and I DIDN'T LOSE any personal data :smileyhappy:))))
thanx a lot
Please use plain text.
Sage
Love1526

Hi...can i make a hard reset to my x2-01...any way to hard reset it...thanks in advance.,...!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi Love1526,

You can hard reset your device by entering *#7370# to your keypad. Remeber to BACK UP your device before doing so as this will wipe all data on the device. If prompted for a passcode, by default it is 12345.

Hope this helps,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mone63

Thank you. My E63 was bricked by a PC Suite ROM upgrade, I paid for it to be re-flashed, then it was bricked again when i tried to restore my data - option 3 fixed it for me - I won't bother restoring my data again:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
godlouw

It works.Yeppi.You a star keep on shining!!

Please use plain text.