Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Phone memory is Full

Contributor
ZaeemShirazi

Phone memory is Full

Dear All,

I am using Nokia E 71 and all of a sudden I am getting alert like 'Phone memory is full. Delete some data from Phone memory to received SMS'. I haven't installed anything recently in Phone memory and storage of my SMS' is also memory card. All other programs are installed in memory card. I use to browse website heavily on my phone and I think it is causing memory to be filled up due to heavy flash work.

Any suggestion about how to get rid of this problem? How to delete temporary internet files?

Counsellor
Bunty013

Re: Phone memory is Full

I browser window goto Options->clear privacy data->clear cache.

You can also check your used memory at Menu->options->memory details->phone memory.

It will give you detail which applications are using how much of your phone memory.

Contributor
ZaeemShirazi

I don't see any option to clear cache data. I am using built in browser of E71. My phone memory is 119 MB used. Any other suggestions?

Mobile Visionary
thetao

[ Edited ]

You can clear the browser cache using Options > Clear privacy data > Clear cache .  But I believe the E71 has an "Auto Bookmarks" feature, which will also fill up your storage if left on.  Check for unneeded bookmarks and perhaps disable Auto Bookmarks.

Edit: you said above that you can't find this on the Nokia Browser menu.  I don't use an E71, but found this tip here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-e71/tips-and-tricks/mobile-browsing .  You should have a similar option.

If that doesn't work, you can delete the Cache contents manually, but will need a free 3rd-party file browser.  See the details here: /t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E71-native-browser-doesn-t-loading/td-p/774447 .

If that still doesn't help, use Nokia's File Manager, select the Phone Memory, and then Options -> Details -> Memory.  Look at how storage is distributed.  Are categories like Messages or Images very large, or is the bulk of used space appearing for Other Files?

Contributor
ZaeemShirazi

Dear Thetao,

Thanks a lot for your post. It really helped me. I cleared up browser cache and reclaimed 2 MB space :smileyhappy:

Thanking you once again.

Mobile Visionary
thetao

You're welcome...but I am concerned that 2 MB will fill up again in no time. :smileysad:  The next time you see this error, check for the other things I mentioned: an excessive number of bookmarks, and the "Memory Details" for the Phone Memory in Nokia's File Manager.

fayad

I am facing the same issue as OP. I use my e71 to browse through opera mini. Now i noticed that the phone memory is getting reduced everyday. I used a 3rd party file browser and deleted the cache. But it freed only 1mb. I need to free up space on my phone memory. Please help.

Mobile Visionary
thetao

@fayad

See my comments on this thread: /t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E5-00-C-Memory-full-but-no-files/td-p/1140149 .  The poster owns an E5, but your problem is nearly the same.  Also see my comments above, about Nokia's File Manager and "Other Files".  If you can't solve the issue immediately, at least see if you can figure out roughly where the memory is going.

Mobile Sensei
carman58

Try installing Xplore symbian, it gives a better more detailed view of the files on your phone and may help create some motre space ?

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=xplore

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

subbu494

I am not sure ,but you can do like this try to move the log file from phone memory to memory card ,keep removing catche files from the browser menu so that you will get good space in both the memorys

bijender

ZaeemShirazi wrote:

Dear All,

I am using Nokia E 71 and all of a sudden I am getting alert like 'Phone memory is full. Delete some data from Phone memory .I have forgot my phone password to restore factory setting.There no message ,but memory is showing 160kb,total 119mb memory used.

Any suggestion about how to get rid of this problem? How to delete temporary internet files?