Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Phone switched off and won't boot again

Sage
LarsErik

Re: Phone switched off and won't boot again

OK. Got it :-) 1) Hold "Vol down + Camera + Menu" 2) Press "Power" AND DON'T release the others. 3) Release "Power" BUT NOT the others Then it booted up clean. BUT! Big surprise. Nothing on E: was deleted. And apps installed to E: is still in the menu. Phonebook and all data on C: is gone. But I guess the backup from the Belle update process will restore that. Shouldn't E: have been deleted as well. Or have they dropped that in the Belle firmware?
--
Lars-Erik Østerud - http://www.osterud.name/nokia.html
Please use plain text.
Sage
LarsErik

OK. Now I found what is NOT reinstalled after a hard reset on Belle. - No QuickOffice. - No PDF-reader. - No Maps. - No Store. I have downloaded and installed Maps and Store, but icons are still missing.
--
Lars-Erik Østerud - http://www.osterud.name/nokia.html
Please use plain text.
kencrc1987

I had the same issue, then I had to hard reset and reinstall Belle thru Nokia Suite, the problem is that after a while it does ot again, I already hard resetted the phone and formatted the mass memory to erase everything and it works fine for a while but the problem happends again.. any advice>
Please use plain text.
kencrc1987

If you want to have everything back, you might have to reinstall belle, it gives you the store maps etc back 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GANGRAPER_143

Same problem happed wit me too and I had tryed every thing but rolling back to anna was very successful but I missed belly so I get back to it and faced same problem again so u know what to do guys
Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Nokia Care would be your best option.

If that isn't possible then Google the issue, discussion of it here breaks the Forum rules. I'm surprised this thread even exists.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
ALQershi

am currently having the same problem with nokia 808 pureview, unfortunately, i can't do the hard reset during the 5 animated dots, besides it doesn't succeed to boot, i think it's pointless here to talk about hard reset, the only possible solution is to through away all the Nokia devices coz they are very dump and useless, and they have extremely poor support..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SufletSad

I have a bit different problem. My phone won't turn on , won't vibrate , i tried hard reset with the 3 button and then the power button , my fingers started to hurt ... what are my options ? half an hour ago i tried to turn on the phone , it vibrated once , nothing happened , and now wont vibrate at all ... i am a bit dissapointed .. what can i do ??

Please use plain text.