Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Phone won't turn on after theme download.

Advisor
davebryant21
Accepted Solution

Phone won't turn on after theme download.

Hi,

I downloaded iTheme from the app store..now my C6-01 won't start up. I've tried taking the battery out and leaving it for a few minutes but to no avail. It tries to log on, but gives up after 2-3 minutes. When (or if) I start up, I'll delete the new theme and tell the world not to bother with it.

Thanks, Dave.

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Phone won't turn on after theme download.

You are probably going to have to carry out a three key depressed power on "hard reset" to get device functioning, but this will delete all user data plus a couple of certificates which may preclude Nokia Store & Maps from functioning and necessitate trip to Nokia Care facility to re-install device software.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Advisor
davebryant21

Hi Scoobyman,
Thanks for your advice but...
a) How do I do a three key depressed power on? and
b) Will I be able to get the all user data, Store and Maps from Nokia Suite and/or back-up files previously saved.

In hope, Dave.
Professor

Hi Dave,

You can do the 3-finger reset in the following way :

Hold "Volume Down + Camera Key + Menu Key" and press power button until your phone shake

After a while your phone will start up, empty as when you bought it.

You can then restore backups via Nokia Suite.

Advisor
davebryant21

Success. Thanks a million.

Have you got any idea why this happened? The theme is still on my phone and I'm tempted to set it up. How risky would that be?

Anyway, thanks again.

Dave.

Mobile Overlord
farby

It may be due to a badly written theme.. Don't install it .. If you can uninstall it from the phone, thats the BEST you can do.. If you want you may try some other theme from here . But, this again doesn't gaurantee that such thing can't happen, though NEVER faced any issues personally.