Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Pics on how to change language on E71

Pics on how to change language on E71

I just purchased an E71 in China and want to change the language on the phone from Mandarin to English.

I see the instructions in the manual but can't read any of the Chinese on the phone.

Is there anywhere I can find a visual on how to do this, any help would be appreciated.

THANKS!
Please use plain text.

Re: Pics on how to change language on E71

Press left soft key to enter Menu, then press 4 -> 4 and press "Select" buttom twice, and press down navigation key 4 times, and press "Select" buttom to enter language selection menu.
Please use plain text.
Sage
kambod

You may also press SHIFT+CTRL keys, simultaneously, to change the Language in any text environment.
Good luck.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Could you please tell what is meant by left soft key and 4 -> 4. I also have the same problem for changing the phone language from Chinese to English
Please use plain text.
Foror

Here step-by-step (for everyone, including me, next time the phone gets bricked again by involuntary change to another language):

1. Press the Home key, that's the button with the house on it.  (Menu)
  2. On the menue screen, choose the icon with the wrench (Tools).  That should actually be the default. Click it.
  3. On the Tools screen, choose the Settings icon. Again this should be the default and should show some kind of wrench, toolkit, or such, depending on your theme. Click it.
  4. On the Settings screen, pick the first option, General. The icon should look like a wrench next to the E71. Click it.
  5. On the general screen, pick the first option, Personalization. It looks like a painting palette. Click it.
  6. In the Personalization sreen, there are no more icons. Here you go down to the 5th option (5th option in Firmware 2.0). To do so,  click the Down button 5 times and then click that option.
  7. Now you should be at the Language screen. The first option is phone language. Click it.
  8. In the phone language menu, you should now see several radio buttons, one of them showing your desired language (e.g., English). Choose your desired option. Then press OK (which is done by pressing the "soft" button on the top left of the keyboard, above the Home key).
  9. Tada! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FerCapo

excelent Foror!, you're a genius! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
salamamaslinka

dereck66 wrote:
Press left soft key to enter Menu, then press 4 -> 4 and press "Select" buttom twice, and press down navigation key 4 times, and press "Select" buttom to enter language selection menu.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shahazadkm

thanx foror........great help

Please use plain text.