Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Post all your Nokia 5800 Xpress music problems...

Counsellor
msbionik

Re: Bug Report and Feature Request

madbyk wrote:

Hi again,

I have a bug to report:

When I try to see an e-mail which is not yet fetched, it tries to sync the mailbox, then fetch the mail and then when it is about to show me the content, boom, it goest to the menu and closes the message/mail application. I tried it several times with WLAN connection and about half the time it does this. I'm using an IMAP server(GMail actually) and FW: 20.0.012

Feature request:

I do not know if there is an easy way for selecting multiple messages but if there is not, this is my feature request. Because selecting messages by clicking on them, then clicking on the "mark/unmark" menu and then clicking "mark" for 12 messages is really tiring. If anyone knows an easier way, please just post here :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by madbyk on 01-Mar-2009 08:53 PM

Hi Madbyk,

Same thing happens to me. I noticed that if I double tap it, it kicks me out. But if I tap it once then tap again to open it doesn't kick me out. That's all I have to offer, hope you get your other things resolved.

Recent phones: N91, N95-4, 5800xm, N900, E7, & now the beautiful N9
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Post all your Nokia 5800 Xpress music problems here!

I'm having trouble with the 5800 backlight not turning off when the keylock is activated.

I believe someone else has had this problem too, but I'm yet to find a fix.  

Could someone let me know if it's possible to sort out? 

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
habiba111

I have been waiting for this phone for a long time.  However, based on this thread, it seems there are lots of problems being reported about the 5800 - the non NAM versions. 

So my question is:

Is there any place where i can find a 5800 review for the NAM version of this phone?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: music folder which contains the radio is gone from my menu grid

@Firedance

You can try to restore factory setting... But before that, you have to backup your phone book, messages, bookmark calendar.. and others but Settings. Then got Menu>Setting>Phone>Phone Management>Factory setting. If asked, the security code is 12345 (if you doesn't changed it)

Next you can restore your data to phone. But remember not to restore the settings

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: music folder which contains the radio is gone from my menu grid

Does any body have the mysterious "Silver" Nokia 5800 XM? I've seen some picture of it in the internet. I thought there are only red and blue. Some of posts mention it with "Black Elite" Nokia 5800 XM.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Please use plain text.

hey dude,

I'm too facing same problem as your; additionaly my camera gets zoom wen i went to video mode. I have been checking with Nokia Service centre. Still now they didn't provide any resolution.  :smileysad: Is this problem faced by all or only by us.

Please use plain text.

After 1 day of use, the Home screen theme "Shortcuts bar" doesn't seem to work anymore. When I select "Shortcuts" in the "Home screen" meny it answers: "-No editable shortcuts in selected theme."

When I'm at the Home screen, the num-pad and addressbook can't be selected. They are there, but nothing happens when try to select them. They don't work in the "Basic" theme either. I have to choose the "Contacts Bar" theme to dial a number or chose the addressbook from the Home screen.

I've made a Factory restore without any success.

Software version 20.0.012

Custom version 20.0.012.266.02

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,

I have only just had this phone so not 100% sure of its capabilities. 

I tried to call my network provider today who, as part of their security, asks for 2 letters of my password to be entered using the dialer. 

is there any way to have the dialer show both numbers AND letters whilst on the phone or do I have to continue to work out where those letters used to be on every other Nokia I've ever owned?

Cheers

Please use plain text.

Blank Screen when Receiving and Making calls

Hi this is a post saying I have the same problem, my screen goes blank when receiving call, and when making call I loose all functions of touch screen as the screen goes blank. Has anyone found resolution to this, or is this a defective phone? Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Blank Screen when Receiving and Making calls

@nussellb68

Remove whatever covering the proximity sensor including your screen protector.. It's placed next to the front camera but before the ambient light sensor.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

jackpot66 wrote:

After 1 day of use, the Home screen theme "Shortcuts bar" doesn't seem to work anymore. When I select "Shortcuts" in the "Home screen" meny it answers: "-No editable shortcuts in selected theme."

When I'm at the Home screen, the num-pad and addressbook can't be selected. They are there, but nothing happens when try to select them. They don't work in the "Basic" theme either. I have to choose the "Contacts Bar" theme to dial a number or chose the addressbook from the Home screen.

I've made a Factory restore without any success.

Software version 20.0.012

Custom version 20.0.012.266.02

It's really a major bug which also happened to me when i just connected my phone on memory storage mode. What is did was HARD RESET the phone. It will erase everything your contacts, messages etc. it's like the first time you opened your phone. If you could dial a number just input *#7370# or if not

Turn off your phone.

Press simultaneously "Green, Red and Camera Button"

wait for the NOKIA hands Logo to appear then release

****BE SURE TO BACKUP your files first before doing this****

Please use plain text.
dark5un

The hard reset wasn't the one I tried at first but man, it finally worked...

Thank you SO much for the idea Iajon, i tried everything else possbile including contacting the fairly useless Nokia customer support. The 2 problems that i had on my 5700, they never really gave me a answer for! 

I guess i don't mind putting everything back to how it was although its tedious, worth it more than a functionally crippled phone. But from now on until the next update when that damn issue

is sorted, i am not going to ever plug in as a mass storage device! Not worht the effort again!

The only phone that I had which ever worked with mass storage properly was the 6230i... The N70 didnt have it, the 5700XM gave me greif cos of the fact that i had my SMS stored on the card...

Is there any specific site dedicated to taking in issues regarding the firmware of a phone which they check & try to rectifiy on the next firmware?

Don't take it wrongly, i Love this freaking phone but wish it didnt:

*The main topic issue that was mentioned & thanked for. 

*Screw up the screen colours every so often for a few minutes

*Didnt crash opera mini after a while of using it

*Had a rotating home screen

*Didn't have the screen going pure blank & loss of total functionality including button restart of the phone after calls (rarely but still there)

*Video mode zoomed in without any option of zooming out even. Its like taking close up video.

Well thats all i could think of for now but it would be great if there was a place that we could list everything down so that Nokia might see it in one go as a major issue list to sort out!

Thanks again Jackpot66 for bringing it to notice so that i knew there was issue like this & it was not only me.

Thanks again Iajon for providing the solution for the issue. (Glad that nokia's backup is actually now much better than it was before!) 

Please use plain text.

I have Screen Problems with my nokia 5800. My screen is messed up, when i try to touch or scroll down the scroll bar it doesnt recognise the touch screen.. for example when i try to write a message and touch the letter "i" it gives me the "k" letter. This is so annoying i cant seem to navigate with this phone or write any messages.

I've reset it, i did the touch screen calibration, sometimes it works and most of the time it automtically goes to that state.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Can not get the MMS to work here.. I live in the US- and configured the text messaging, but am unable to config the MMS.. any one else has problems? (using At&T)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi,

in my 5800 (v11.0.0.8) the full screen qwerty keypad does not open when i want to find places instead the alphanumeric keypad opens. the nokia care wasn't able to detect the fault.

anyone else facing the same problem? i think its a bug in v11.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

dark5un wrote:

The hard reset wasn't the one I tried at first but man, it finally worked...

Thank you SO much for the idea Iajon, i tried everything else possbile including contacting the fairly useless Nokia customer support. The 2 problems that i had on my 5700, they never really gave me a answer for! 

I guess i don't mind putting everything back to how it was although its tedious, worth it more than a functionally crippled phone. But from now on until the next update when that damn issue

is sorted, i am not going to ever plug in as a mass storage device! Not worht the effort again!

The only phone that I had which ever worked with mass storage properly was the 6230i... The N70 didnt have it, the 5700XM gave me greif cos of the fact that i had my SMS stored on the card...

Is there any specific site dedicated to taking in issues regarding the firmware of a phone which they check & try to rectifiy on the next firmware?

Don't take it wrongly, i Love this freaking phone but wish it didnt:

*The main topic issue that was mentioned & thanked for. 

*Screw up the screen colours every so often for a few minutes

*Didnt crash opera mini after a while of using it

*Had a rotating home screen

*Didn't have the screen going pure blank & loss of total functionality including button restart of the phone after calls (rarely but still there)

*Video mode zoomed in without any option of zooming out even. Its like taking close up video.

Well thats all i could think of for now but it would be great if there was a place that we could list everything down so that Nokia might see it in one go as a major issue list to sort out!

Thanks again Jackpot66 for bringing it to notice so that i knew there was issue like this & it was not only me.

Thanks again Iajon for providing the solution for the issue. (Glad that nokia's backup is actually now much better than it was before!) 

Im glad that it worked. Just wait for the the next firmware update NOKIA is aware of all these bugs and they constantly testing out new fixes for each bugs. I also Love this PHONE!!!

Version 21 is now in the testing phase so let's wait if this is going to be released publicly. I'm using the v.21 now and some of the bugs are still present but for me it is the quite stable than previous FW.

Please use plain text.

Hi

I have had the Nokia 5800 for 2 months, currently i am running v20.0.012 on my red 5800. i purchased it in Oman and i am currently in NZ.

I have no screen protector.

The problems i am finding the most annoying right now are as follows:

I cant see who is calling me if my phone has been locked and i cant unlock it while recieving the call. the screen stays black

Also if it is locked, I cant unlock it using the unlock slider and i work around this is to "accidently" press one of the three buttons at the bottom which then lets me see the message that i am to unlock using the slider and then i can do so.When it does resume, the screen is dimmed and it only comes back to original brightnes when i make a call.

I have a Nokia BH602 which i use for calls but it disconnects on its own sometimes while i am on a call and then it refuses to work even when i disconnect and connect again. i have to wait for the connection to clear and then try connect again.

The phone freezes on its own and shuts down even on a full battery. The battery level indicator is subjective of what i open and which direction i open in ( as in whether horizontal or vertically holding the phone)

Thanks and hoping that the new firmware covers these issues

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hey... me too also facing the same issue...

bought new XP music nokia 5800...but not impressed with the camera(3.2 MP,carl zeiss lens, dual LED flash..)

the images are blurred, not clear....

I have removed the plastic cover from back...The images are of Low quality as compared to other @MP cameras...I doont know why...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

raman_wind1 wrote:

hey... me too also facing the same issue...

bought new XP music nokia 5800...but not impressed with the camera(3.2 MP,carl zeiss lens, dual LED flash..)

the images are blurred, not clear....

I have removed the plastic cover from back...The images are of Low quality as compared to other @MP cameras...I doont know why...

Lots of comments that the camera is not great quality, my one gave blurry images also, perhaps not much better than a 1mp camera. Even worse when used indoors.
Please use plain text.