Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Post all your Nokia 5800 Xpress music problems...

Sage

Re: Post all your Nokia 5800 Xpress music problems here!

bug:

the uninstall feature in the symbian is not very good, i installed some apps a week ago and when i use the file manager, I see folders from theses apps and configuration files all over the place, what a mess. Please make a better uninstaller. Maybe a background app to monitoriz what they instal, so the uninstaller will do its job better

Please use plain text.
Advisor

----------sms problem----help

hi every,

i have been using nokia 5800 for around 3 months now.and it was working perfctly fine. 2 days bak n still i m facing a realy weird problem.i type my sms.and when i send it, it saves to outbox indicating to be sent at a later time.then when it reaches that time,it again delays to a further time.

i have contactd my network operator and my settings for the sim are perfectly fine. above all, the most unusual thing is that when i put the sim in some other cell, the messaging is wrking prfctly fine.and another unusual thing was that it started working fine yesterday for like 4 hours but then again same problem occured.

everyother feature of this cell phone is working perfectly fine.therz no possibility of any virus as there are no weird functions occuring.and i dont use internet on 5800.and further i scan my files before i transfer them to my 5800 through data cable.my antivirus is updated.

plzz help...

Please use plain text.
Sage

Bug:

theres lots of things that can drain battery. But have noticed that one feature on 5800 uses alot of juice, the usb mass storage. More than normal in my opinion.

I use bluetooth all the time with nokia bluetooth stereo headset (og course listing to music), i also use wifi (update my podcasts). But when i use usb cable (storage mode) this thing needs lots of battery.

I also have a Palm treo 650 which i use card reader, it the same feature and i can tell you, i can have this thing on all day and is doesn't use too much battery. But the nokia 5800, leaving it on about 2 hours can almost use 70% of your battery.

There has to be something wrong with the way Nokia 5800 keeps the usb connection

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Could somebody help me with followong issues:

1. Is it possible to create calendar event which is repeated every month?

2. Is it possible to link birthdays in contacts with calendar? Birthdays in contact details do not have sense if notification about these events isn't possible.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
msbionik

piligrim wrote:

Could somebody help me with followong issues:

1. Is it possible to create calendar event which is repeated every month?

2. Is it possible to link birthdays in contacts with calendar? Birthdays in contact details do not have sense if notification about these events isn't possible.

Thank you

1. Yes. Open calendar and create a new "meeting or click the hands (the middle touch button). Then under the options (repeat) click it then click monthly. It's very easy. 

2. Yes. Also in calendar, options, new entry, then anniversary. From there, you will be able to set the settings.

Let me know if you need more help. Hope this helps!

Recent phones: N91, N95-4, 5800xm, N900, E7, & now the beautiful N9
Please use plain text.

I have a problem with my display randomly changing colour, and when i lock the keypad, sometimes the the screen goes black (like it should) but the backlight stays on.

My NOKIA 5800: -software version: V20.0.012 -custom version: 20.0.012.C02.01 -type RM-356

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kaushalls

Looks like V21 firmware for the 5800 will be out soon...Hopefully, they would have fixed most of the bugs!

http://dailymobile.se/2009/03/10/nokia-5800-v210018-firmware-coming-out-soon/ 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi all,

I faced some new issues after updating firmware (v20.0.012).

1. When i go to Menu -> Gallery , the Images & videos is selected by default. When i try to select the other options like Songs / Sound Clips / Other Media, i'm not able to do so immedietly. I can feel the tap vibrator on the other items, but they are not selected. It take around 2-3 mins to select others.

2. When i go to Menu -> Gallery -> Images & videos, select a picture and when i click back button, its not coming back to the picture list. It takes a 5 to 6 taps on the "back" button to come back.

Apart from these i face all the bugs reported here by the users..! :smileysad:

Do anybody face these issues???

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

kaushalls wrote:

Looks like V21 firmware for the 5800 will be out soon...Hopefully, they would have fixed most of the bugs!

http://dailymobile.se/2009/03/10/nokia-5800-v210018-firmware-coming-out-soon/ 

v21 will still not fix the bugs. We will have to wait till v51 and maybe a few months more. It took them 2 months from v10 to v11 and another 2 months for v20. In fact v20 made the album art smaller and download! does not work - talk about feature reduction with updates...! There is still huge scope for improvement and better utilisation of all the screen real estate. My wish list:

1. Easier mark/unmark.

2. Better camera - even with v20 it is still pathetic.

3. Better calendar (am waiting like 5 years for symbian to improve the calendar, but it is still same old, same old)

4. Auto capitalisation in contacts.

5. More shortcuts / contacts / info on standby screen.

6. Better browser (must reload from cache.

7. Video gallery is still pathetic.

8. Ability to play multiple files from file manager.

9. Notification light customisation.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Hi people,

I updated my phone to v20 today. How to solve the "Search system error" issue? tried the settings reset "*#7370#" , but no use. Also how do i use the dictionary. I don't find it.

Message Edited by vik_vig on 11-Mar-2009 06:20 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
waqassonic

the search error will go away after a while funny but true !
Please Hit The Kudos Button if U Find My Post Helpful - Cheers
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Also proximity sensor has stopped working. This really frustrates me. 
Please use plain text.

There are lots of problems but seems like some are isolated case due to phone itself. One clue is to bring it to your nearest Nokia care and plug all the complains.

One I had was speaker + 8G mem card sometimes goes disappear. None  were due to software issue but most were hardware issues which Nokia care folks repaired it !

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The proximuty sensor was working for me before I updated to v20, but now it has stopped working. Any comments on how to get it working? Please help.......
Please use plain text.

Everytime I transfer music files to my 5800 using the USB cable, and when I refresh the library, it gets stuck for hours!

I've tried transferring using PCSuite and every other possible way, but it still gets stuck! Is this happening because there's something wrong with my phone.....?
Please use plain text.

I have three problems:

1. My alarm clock gradually gets louder and louder. I couldn't find how to make it less loud. I use mp3 songs as alarm music. Any ideas?

2. I test my custom software on this phone. When I send a built application to the phone and it's locked (LCD is off too), it gets unlocked and LED gets on, but I sensor display is not reposonding on my commands.

3. Battery dies very quickly when a lot of networking/usb connectivity is being done.

75 pages, wow..

Please use plain text.

Everytime I transfer music files to my 5800 using the USB cable, and when I refresh the library, it gets stuck for hours!

I've tried transferring using PCSuite and every other possible way, but it still gets stuck! Is this happening because there's something wrong with my phone.....?

it's hang's on while opening music player...

my firmware ver:v20.0.012

Custom version: 20.0.012.C01.01

type:RM-356plz help me out

thnx..

Please use plain text.
Advisor

ruifcastro wrote:

one more bug

-almost every phone when it has a keyguard, on pressing any key it tell you the time and date (on my palm treo 650 it also tells me the weather). 5800 if its not on the home screen but in a app (or game), will not say the time and date.

Hi ruifcastro

I read all your concerns and issues about this phone and always comparing your treo650. Why don't you stick to your treo650 and ditch this phone so that it won't waste your time posting here.

Every phone has it's limitation NOKIA won't put all the features or any mobile maker to one phone you know the reason why? they need to sell phones from different levels of our society.

For example the iphone if it is the best phone why did they only 2MP on the camera and why did they have some limitations on their apps and functionalities except if you jailbreak it, the  reason they want to sell the phone and not to come up with an ultimate phone.

Please use plain text.
Sage

thx lajon, but i compare it because i still use it, the treo 650 with 5 years on it can still can beat the 5800 in some areas. But sadly the phone jack on it is broken and the camera is just VGA and no wifi and just aGPS. I just compare the good stuff. Of course the 5800 has some good things. But I would love to just use one device, but sadly for work the 5800 is not very good (pim, word prediction, note taking, fast search) but its not hardware, its software which means it can be fixed. Look at the iphone, which has lots of updates to fix it.

Like the forum says, you post your problems here. The bugs i post here are almost all firmware related, I'm a developer, and we love when people tell us whats wrong so we can make things better. i post here are ideas and bugs and experience from other platforms (don't we forget palmOS is much more mature than symbian but it also has lots of old legacy stuff). Symbian is relatively new in relation to the PalmOS. There are things it can learn from it. The 5800 is the first touch screen for Nokia, Palm has been touch for 17 years.

About the iphone, i had posted here a device comparasion of a photo taken from the iphone 2mp and the 5800 3mp. And can tell you, shame on Nokia, the 5800 is bigger because its a 3mp but if you zoom in you will notice that the iphone photo has much more detail (more vivid color also, but that can be fixed with google picasa). PalmOS has a software called photohq and it takes two photos and joins them to make a 1mp photo (the iphone has one that makes it a 4mp camera). This is what i think 5800 has, it a 3mp virtual camera in reality, by the quality its more a 1.2mp camera.

Please use plain text.
Sage

bug:

i don't know if this is a bug with many themes i have or its a bug with the music app. But every background image seen behide the menu for exemple, in the music app gets smaller, its like in the music app it has different porportions. I have stated before, like others have, you will notice that battery bars in the music app are much smaller than the home screen, in lower battery rates, show higher bars in the home screen compared to the music app.

What I mean here is that the music app looks like it make all images in different porportions, the background image, the battery bars, etc... Maybe worth a look.

Please use plain text.