Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem starting Nokia 6600

Registered Member

Problem starting Nokia 6600

I tried severial times to start my mobile phone Nokia 6600 when i press key to start it its get light up after 2 min it getting automatic swichoff. i request if someone fased this problem or know how to solve this problem, plz help me regard.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
bandofbrothers

Re: Problem starting Nokia 6600

First thing is to check your battery is charging ok.

Remove it from the handset for a moment and replace it, then put it on charge to see if you can see the battery icons scrolling up and the charge has held

It its ok then your handset may need looking at from a Nokia Repair Service Centre.

It may need a software update or dust etc may have got inside the connections at the bottom of the handset.

They will also check the power management of the handset for you.

:smileyhappy:
Nokia Lumia 1020
iphone 5s16gb - black/slate

Be happy !!
Please use plain text.

I Had the same problem within My 6600 , whenevr i start it , it flashes NOKIA and waiting to locate on the main menu , then it drops and restart again .

and the service center have no idea about the problem , looks like a bunch of idiots , and the last thing that can i do is to throw that mobile at the trash
Please use plain text.

if u facing this type of restart problem,
its called booting problem.

all u need to do is Hard Format of ir cell
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

its easily fixed my mrs had the same problem with hers.
just go to power up your phone and press and hold *3 and the green call button it will hard format your phone give it time to format and it will then restart as normal.

However you will lose any games, photo`s, txts ect that you had on your phone as it puts it back to how it was when you bought it. but i guess its better than chucking the phone in the trash as was mentioned :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zmae

my nokia 6600 fell into water, i tried to dry it, but i can't take the front mask of  to dry of the keyboard

Please use plain text.