Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Transfer data from Blacperry to E71

Problem when I change to a new memory card (E71)

Inside my E71, I have several installed programs on my old memory card. When I swap the old memory card with the new one, I can't access these programs. Does anyone know how to copy the installed programs from my old memory card to the new one? Or any other suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Problem when I change to a new memory card (E71)

You have to reinstall the same applications on the new card as well. Alternative is to install commonly used applications on the phone memory.

Please use plain text.

How much memory capacity the phone has.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
elarroude

bajaj: to find out how much capacity (used and free) each of your memory options (phone and card), go to: "Menu" > "Installat.", then left-click on "Options" and scroll down to "Memory details" (third from the bottom).
Mine has about 120 MB.

cjlim (or anyone who can help): is there any way to transfer the applications to my phone memory? or do I need to go after the source of each application to obtain it again (and only then reinstall it to my new memory card or wherever else I want it)?
E71-3 (284.04) RM-407
Product code: 0567733
SW: 410.21.010 (and not happy!)
I recommend staying with 200.21.118 (27.nov.2008)
Please use plain text.

Transfer data from Blacperry to E71

How do I tranfer the contact information stored in my Blacberry to E71
Please use plain text.
Sage
sanjaymehta

Thanks to a wonderful thing called DRM, you probably won't be able to move applications across from a memory card to phone memory.

The best thing to do when you get a new phone (too late, I know) is to pop out the memory card, backup the contents to your computer and then start fiddling with your shiny new toy.

This would keep the raw uninstalled sis files available for future reinstallation. Works only for the Nokia supplied freebies and trial versions of course.

I've never been able to do this myself until it's too late and all the apps have magically installed themselves and vanished off the new memory card.

Most (not all) should be on the relevant Nokia product support page (http://europe.nokia.com/A41073165) or in the Download! application in the installations folder. Multiscanner is the one which is missing on the product page, but showed up recently in Download!

If you've been madly adding applications later on, you should have saved up the initial install files, but who does that, right?
Sanjay Mehta
Motorola "Brickphone" circa 1996, Alcatel One Touch, Ericsson R380, Sony Ericsson T220, Sony Ericsson T630, Nokia E50, Nokia E61i, Nokia 9300i, Nokia E71,Nokia X6, Google Nexus S, iPhone 4S
Please use plain text.
Sage
sanjaymehta

Re: Transfer data from Blacperry to E71

1. Try using Bluetooth to transfer the address book directly from phone to phone. Easy enough but it can be slow and tedious.

2. If you're using Windows on your PC, sync the source phone to Outlook, clean up the entries, and then sync the PC to the target phone.

3. If you're using a Mac, configure iSync (not sure it supports Blackberry), and iSync will do the heavy lifting for you.
Sanjay Mehta
Motorola "Brickphone" circa 1996, Alcatel One Touch, Ericsson R380, Sony Ericsson T220, Sony Ericsson T630, Nokia E50, Nokia E61i, Nokia 9300i, Nokia E71,Nokia X6, Google Nexus S, iPhone 4S
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
elarroude

Thanks for the info! Even if the news is not so great... but I'll remember it NEXT time I switch to a new phone. :smileywink:

How exactly can I save the initial install files? When I downloaded them to my computer (PC), ok, they're still there, but what about applications I downloaded directly to my phone? Is there a way to save the install files elsewhere?

And is DRM an acronym for "Digital Rights Management"?
E71-3 (284.04) RM-407
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
elarroude

One more idea: if I've backed up my phone (memory card included) to my computer via Nokia PC Suite, will I be able to recover my applictions if I change cards?
E71-3 (284.04) RM-407
Please use plain text.
Sage
sanjaymehta

For the memory card, I *plan* to zip up the entire file system and store it somewhere.

For applications purchased later on, I always try to buy them using my desktop and save the sis files on the desktop along with the license keys.

As far as I can tell, there's no easy way to backup/reinstall/copy applications already installed. DRM == Digital Rights Management, indeed.
Sanjay Mehta
Please use plain text.