Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem when trying to update Nokia Maps 2.0

Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Problem when trying to update Nokia Maps 2.0

[ Edited ]

Hello, I have installed Nokia Maps 2.0, however, the Nokia Store informs me that there is an update to the Maps application. After installing the update the application remains the same and the Nokia Store returns to inform me that there is an update.

Basically: installs, but not installed.

Some technical details:

• Nokia Maps 3.09 (8)
  • Store Nokia Beta 3.24 (53)
  • The 'Check in' has disappeared from the menu and the Widget Gallery
  • In the list of installed applications, do not see any application of Nokia Maps
  • All applications work correctly, unless the update
  • The memory on the phone is 96 MB

Please look at the pictures to understand more.

Greetings from Argentina.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Perhaps it take some time to do the update. Let the phone do the update and let it be for a couple of mintues. It may try to do the update if you not doing stuff in the meanwhile..I dont know but dont force it. Othwerwise, do the update through Nokia suite instead and see if you get the same update info...
Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

LiptonICEI wrote:

Hello, I have installed Nokia Maps 2.0, however, the Nokia Store informs me that there is an update to the Maps application. After installing the update the application remains the same and the Nokia Store returns to inform me that there is an update.

Basically: installs, but not installed.

Some technical details:

• Nokia Maps 3.09 (8)
  • Store Nokia Beta 3.24 (53)
  • The 'Check in' has disappeared from the menu and the Widget Gallery
  • In the list of installed applications, do not see any application of Nokia Maps
  • All applications work correctly, unless the update
  • The memory on the phone is 96 MB

Please look at the pictures to understand more.

Greetings from Argentina.

Hi LiptonICEI,

you are not alone,i'm facing the same issue.

Checking coments of the app on Nokia Store there are more users with the same issue.

I reported this to Nokia care but i'm still waiting for an answer

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

It seems nobody has answers.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi LiptonICEI,

Please have a look at the following thread when it comes to this issue.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Maps-suite-updated-for-Belle/td-p/137...

For now just ignore this error as your maps have been updated to the latest version. This issue has been escalated and hopefully will be resolved soon.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Guys,

Just an update from our technical team on this:

Technical Expert

Sorry for the trouble, this issue is currently under investigation. Nokia Store may show an update for Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 even though the latest version is already installed. There's no newer version available at Store, so you can ignore the Maps Suite update status for the moment.

Regards 

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Raoul_Duke wrote:

Hi Guys,

Just an update from our technical team on this:

Technical Expert

Sorry for the trouble, this issue is currently under investigation. Nokia Store may show an update for Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 even though the latest version is already installed. There's no newer version available at Store, so you can ignore the Maps Suite update status for the moment.

Regards 

Raoul_Duke

Hi Raoul_Duke,

I've been reading the coments about Nokia Maps Suite2.0 on Nokia Store today and there are some users saying that the issue has gone.

But in my phone,update pop up it's still there.

Should i do the update to pop up disapear?

Thank's!

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@Loureiro,

Hi try updating one more time and see if it fixes the issue, if not then don't worry too much as the version you have is correct and up to date and for the time being just ignore the update message you get.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

@ Raul_Duke:

Talking with user andy3196 in other thread(he made the update)we figured out that the only diference is if my device is conected to Nokia Suite and check the installed apps,there is a diference in the Maps app version.mine shows version 3.09(8),andy3196 shows 3.09(95).

In the device,we have the same version (v3.0912wk09 b05).

:smileysurprised:

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

Hi Loureiro,

When viewing the list of installed programs on my N8 through Nokia Suite I have both Nokia Maps 3.09(95) and the old 3.09(8) version.

It would be easier to spot if the Suite team would follow my suggestion from several months ago to list the installed programs alphabetically! :rolleyes: Now the two Maps versions is at least a full screen of scrolling apart.

Hopefully it is just a config file left from the previous Maps installation and not the Maps program files sitting in a dark corner of C: consuming space?

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Hi hpholm!

I notice that to in my Nokia Suite!

after my last post,i decide to do the update on Nokia Store,but before i check C:drive espace available:365,5mb.after the update:363,6mb.

I checked the files maneger and in E:mass memory and C:drive are some files and folders that were not there before.

I delete them,have no increase on both memories :smileysurprised:

Maps are working fine.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.