Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem with BH-103 Headset

Problem with BH-103 Headset

I have a new Nokia 6700 and a new Nokia BH-103 Bluetooth headset. When listening to music, the tempo of the new music often speeds up and slows down. Clearly this is unacceptably bad. Are the headphones faulty? Or is it the phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Are you running the latest firmware on your 6700? The BH-103 is an advanced headset, that uses Bluetooth version 2.1, that requires high data rates. This means, your phone will have to send data at a compatible speed. Obviously, the processor will be pushed to its maximum for maintaining this speed. While just listening to music, it will not change the tempo. But, if you try to multi-task, such as type a msg, or view the camera album, or browse sites, the load on the processor will be very high, and it will have to compromise on the audio performance. Consequently, the tempo will vary.

This behaviour is seen with my N73-ME also (though rarely, when really sqeezing the processor, that is), and after a brief "research" , I found out that the reason is what I cited above.

The solution is to update your firmware if you're not running the latest one. Or else, wait for more updates, as they improve the BT performance with every new firmware release.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.

Hi - both of these products are brand new. The tempo changes while I'm just listening to music - although I think it only tends to do that while I am walking.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

I would suggest that you try to check for firmware updates. The updates are more frequent for recently launched phones. Also, you can reset your BH-103 by pressing and holding down the multi-function key for more than 8 seconds. Delete the pairing in your phone as well.

You may try using the headset with another phone (that supports A2DP) and confirm that it's working fine.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.

Is it possible that the BH-103 headphones just don't work with the 6700?

My 6700 is brand new and has the latest firmware.

I am on my third set of BH-103 headphones. The first 2 sets had to be returned to the store. They both developed the same problem after a few days - the red light came on permanently and could not be switched off.

I got the 3rd set yesterday. When listening to music, they frequently cut-out especially when walking. Also, the tempo of the music speeds up and slows down.

These are new products - they don't work properly.  

Please use plain text.

Hi there!

I experience the same thing sometimes. I have a Nokia 6233 and have had two BH-103 headsets since the beginning of the year and they work great together most of the time, but sometimes it seems like they lose the connection for the fraction of a second and then speed up the tempo of the music to make up for the lost time. It´s a bit annoying and it seems to happen only when I go for a walk.

Another thing that I think is a shame for an otherwise great product is that the headset seem to have a very short lifetime. When I use the headset to talk on the phone I prefer to use only one ear-piece to get a better mix of my own voice and the environment. I don´t know why but after only two months the volume had changed between the left and the right ear-piece so much that it was hard to hear what people said in the right. My employer thought that the headset was so inexpensive that they ordered a new one instead of complaining to Nokia or the retailer, but now the same thing has happened to the replacement headset as well. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Please use plain text.

Hi,

Yes - the tempo-shift occurs immediately after the connection is lost. The connection breaks frequently when walking. This must be a common problem with the BH-103. I have decided to live with that - so I don't use the headphones while walking. 

Please use plain text.
Sage

I've had this issue initially with BH-103 and XM 5630 (pitch issue was the worse), with the XM 5800 (average bad), with the E72 (average OK: was doing this only on occasions) and lately on the E52 which is probably the best I've had in terms of compatibility with BH-103: I get the problem very rarely anymore).

That being said I've had this problem with other models too (BH-214, BH-903) , this seems to be common A2DP issue and not limited to Nokia: I tested the BH-103 over an SonyEricsson Xperia X10 mini which also hosts a powerful 600 mHz processor and the pitch variation was bad to the point of not being able to listen to anything else but spoken podcasts audio on that thing... stereo BT is cool on paper and practical to wear but not good enough yet for a demanding audiophile fan I guess.

Please use plain text.
Pugazh03

BH-103 Headset Unable to charge

[ Edited ]

Just bought 2 days bak, When I connected the charger, there is no sign or indication of LED's. I don't know what to do :smileysad: Kindly suggest me a solution

Please use plain text.