Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem with Nokia 500 Symbian Anna OS

Advisor

Problem with Nokia 500 Symbian Anna OS

I've recently purshased Nokia 500 and I've the following problems with the phone 

1- Data session (Wi-fi or Packet data ) aren't added to Phone log

2- Although Wi-fi scanning is turned off the phone connects to the wirless LAN and so Packet data connection the only way I found to stop this headache is to remove all access points 

Note : Although trying Widgets to offline modes and turning off all running apps even Fsecure  it connects automatically

Any one can help please .......:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

Re: Problem with Nokia 500 Symbian Anna OS

The first one is a problem that started with Anna, You just have to wait and see if they sort it out with Belle. It's worse for people who updated to Anna because it was there all along. They have been releasing smaller updates, which I find pretty useless and haven't bothered with this that bother's so many people.

Do you by any chance have Whatsapp because it keeps a permanent internet connection
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Advisor

NO OTHER WAY ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AkiliBunny

[ Edited ]

All look ups made through a reverse cellphone lookup directory are made in complete privacy so the caller will never know if you searched their number. 

,It is worth noting that there are no free services that offer the full information of a caller that the tracer report does through a reverse phone directory

Moderator's note: Commercial website removed from this post. Please don't put commercial links in your posts, as we don't allow any form of advertising on the Discussion Boards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
srinu589

nokia 500 just suck.

better u people dont buy it.

i was one facing this problem with it

hey friends i'm from India.
three of our friends took same mobile Nokia 500 and having alot problems, even Nokia care ppl can't help me.
weather there is problem with my locality or Nokia 500 in India , it just suck.
camera doesn't function properly and phone restarts and that's how it happens.
now one of our mobile went to company it seems. we're waiting for it..............

Please use plain text.
pramod32111

Nokia 500 Problems

my Nokia 500 crashes some times without any reason and restarts. While crashing the screen slowly fades away and goes blank. i had checked with nokia care center, they had told me that this is software installation problem and you need to reinstall software in the mobile phone,i have given my mobile phone to Nokia Care Centre Haldwani Near Tikonia Dist.Nainital Uttarakhand on Dated 06.11.2011 for software installation in my mobile. I am very sad to inform you that still i am facing same problem of fades away and goes blank and re-started. your are requested to help me and do the need full other wise i have to go at Consumer Forum. Thanks & Regards Pramod Kandpal Mobile no-+91-9719301302 Mobile phone purchase date- 11/10/2011
Please use plain text.
panaso

Re: Nokia 500 Problems

. today, i feel a interested to buy a nokia 500. but so may problem with that device.... i canceled my mind.
i hold out with my old nokia 5320...:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
krrazytushh11

data session are shown under setting>connection manager and from my point of view symbian anna has best data session manager ...

Ans if u want to turn off ur wi-fi then go to setting>wlan>option>settingshow wlan availability to no and scan for network to a certain interval

Please use plain text.
pramod32111

Re: Nokia 500 Problems

after update my nokia 500 software version 011.033 is working too slow. what is problem i can't understand.

anyone help me Plzzzzzzzzzz

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
elbunch

Very true...GUYS DON'T BUY this nokia 500.
It has ruptured whole impression of NOKIA on our mind,what the heck is this product.
Please use plain text.