Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Problem with my NokiaC5 (Blinking envelope)

Registered Member
Caro06
Accepted Solution

Problem with my NokiaC5 (Blinking envelope)

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my new Nokia C5 and I hope someone can help me...

I just got that new mobile phone and now there is always that symbol of the envelope blinking on the top right corner of the display... I don't have any new messages and my in-box is also nearly empty... So I don't know how to ged rid of that blinking envelope...

Can somebody help me?

I hope so :smileyhappy: Thanks already!

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Problem with my NokiaC5 (Blinking envelope)

Flashing envelope could be caused by

1. You may just have an unread SMS from your last phone that is still saved on your SIM card. To check, goto Messaging>Options>SIM messages.

2. SIM card's message memory is full. Delete messages from the SIM card. Goto Messaging>Options>SIM messages

3. Phones messaging memory is full. Try deleting messages, also checking in, Sent and drafts.

3. Even though all your messages may be marked as read, just going down through the list and opening them all again one by one have also been known to resolve this issue. This could take some time but is worth a try if you do not want to delete any messages.

Registered Member
Caro06

Thank you so much, problem's solved :smileywink:

It was my SIM card's message memory that was full... Now I deleted one message and everything's allright again :smileyhappy:

Thumbs up! :smileywink:

Registered Member
ranoypaul

thanks my problem is solved.problem was sim massage was ful.
Moradski

If you Sir don't want to delete ANY messages saved on your SIM card and you can clearly see that your SIM card memory specified for messages is full. -(by scrolling down to the end and seeing that the last message redirects you back to the top of the list) .Then you can simply mark-all and copy these messages to your inbox or any other folder in my folders (it's recommended to create a folder called SIM copy in my folders), then delete all the messages in the SIM card by selecting mark-all and delete or for the shortcut press the "cancel button" on your keypad marked by a small "C" this should solve the issue if neither options listed before did. 

Akram Moradski
Registered Member
Pranith

[ Edited ]

Solution No 2 worked for me