Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem with nokia 500 -> audio output doesn't...

kamil931207

Problem with nokia 500 -> audio output doesnt work ;c

Hi !
I got Nokia 500, and for some reason the audio output(Jack 3,5mm) doesnt work :crying: Any things i plugged in doesn't give results.. Can you help me ?
I can hear the voice when i unplug headphones, like it should be.. 

Please use plain text.
Tomihl

Re: Problem with nokia 500 -> audio output doesnt work ;c

Hi!

I have the same problem, but I found a solution. I think it's not hardware problem. I plugged the 3,5 Jack a littlebit askew from down and it worked for me. The software (I think) watches the correct sequence to recognize the correct accessory what you plugged in.
I created a little image to demonstrate it.
Sorry for my English speaking, I'm from Hungary.

Bánki Tamás
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: Problem with nokia 500 -> audio output doesn't work ;c

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the forum!

Tomihl, your solution may work, but it is likely a hardware, not a software problem. If you continue inserting your headphones in a way you described, the condition may get worse and you could accidentally loosen the jack socket connections, quieting your phone for good.  

We would recommend that you check the socket for any dirt or fluff, as it may be causing the problem and forcing you to insert the jack a little bit askew.

If the problem still persists, we would advise you to visit your local Nokia Care Point and let them have a look.

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Tomihl

[ Edited ]

Thank you !

First, sorry for my English speaking!
Unfortunately I don't have the the papers to the phone (I lost them) so I can't take it to the nearest Nokia Care Point. They don't repair it free without these papers. But I had a solution. You told, it's a hardware problem, yes it is. (I've got a flashlight and I saw the interlockings.)
I disassembled the phone (I'm a electrical technician), took out the 3,5 mm Jack connector and repaired it with an 1mm clock screwdriver. I don't know, how can I say in English, but with this screwdriver I strung a little bit inside the copper interlockings for about 0,2-0,3 mm. I know, this is a "brutal" solution but it worked and working now for me. The phone is recognize the headphone immediately and I don't have contact problem.

Thank you for helping me!

Bánki Tamás
Please use plain text.
kristof4526

I have a pretty similar problem. I have tried to use my headphones, but only the left side would work. When i replugged the cable te phone said that the instrument is not supported. When I insert it quickly this doesnt occur, but the right side still wouldnt work. If I insert it slowly I get thiserror message before the jack is completely inserted. With the nokia earphones, there is no such an option, I always get the error message. Oh, and an important thing! when I insert the half- working headphone in a way so that I get the error message, There is a brief "distortion sound" on the right side wich doesnt work (only on the right side). Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
dorhel

I have the same problem in my Nokia 500. I brought it to the Nokia Care in my city. and they didn't know what to do except to send the phone to the main Nokia Center,

Very disappointed. I hear a lot of music from my phone.  :-(

Please use plain text.
dorhel

Sorry, I can't see the change in the picture. I've got the same problem in my Nokia 500. Could you explain it a bit more?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
sennath

thanks sir, really its working ,

Please use plain text.