Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem with nokia n95 lcd. Black screen and flex ...

Contributor
zarzonis

Problem with nokia n95 lcd. Black screen and flex cable

Hi i have a nokia n95. I have it since its first year in the market. I am very pleased with the phone but the last month sudenly when i slide to open the phone's screen was not responding. The actual phone was working great. I could receive calls and make calls, listen to music and everything else. The screen was black though. As i am a technician with experience on iPhones mostly i thought that the lcd was damaged. So i ordered one from the internet and 2 days ago i received it. When i installed it i had the same problem. The phone works but the screen not. Then i completely dissaseblied the phone for one more time and i noticed something that i hadn't before at the flex cable. The flex cable consists of 2 flat cables. Well the one is completely broken. Take a look at the following pictures and please tell me you opinion. I am 99.9% sure that this is the cause of the lcd problem. I want to tell me if i should buy the flex cable. I can't go to a nokia center because the phone is out of the warranty over 2 years now. So the only option is to change it on my own.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Re: Problem with nokia n95 lcd. Black screen and flex cable

The flex cable is damaged. Some years back when I had a Nokia N95 8GB the flex cable was damaged and for a few days the screen was showing strange colours at the display and eventually the screen became black. I went to a local repair shop and I replaced the flex cable and what I noticed was that the flex cable that it had no proximity sensor on it so I told the technician to remove the proximity sensor on the original one and replace it with the new flex cable. Another thing I discovered was that after fitting the flex cable and returning the cover the front camera was not in its usual position so the technician had to do some modifications to get it back to its normal position and after a few months it was damaged and this time I went to Nokia Care Centre and replaced the flex cable for a small fee and what I noticed was that the flex cable that I previously bought was a fake cable. The one bought from Nokia Care Centre had its proximity sensor and when the cover was returned the camera was in its exact position the same as it was with the original flex cable. What I wanted to say is that please beware of fake flex cables on the market and I suggest that you buy it from an authorised Nokia Dealer.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zarzonis

Can you suggest me any online shop that is  an authorized nokia dealer? Because i don't think that i will find any dealer here in my city in Greece. But you aggre that the flex cable is the cause of the problem. Right? I don't think that the lcd can work with this cable broken...

Oh by the way, thank you very much for your response!!!!!! You were very helpful...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Hi Zarzonis,

I totally agree that the flex cable is the root cause of the problem because the flex cable is damaged and torn and any LCD screen will not work with the damaged flex cable.

I suggest that you go to google and search for authorized nokia dealers or go to Nokia's Official Website and select your country and from there go to support tab and from there go to contact us and you will find their number and call and they will assist you. this and this. Hope it helps you. You are very much welcomed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zarzonis

Thank you very much one more time. I called them and i arranged to go there tomorrow. I didn't know that there was a nokia center in my town. Actually there are 2 of them...:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

You are very much welcomed.

If you get the flex cable and install it and your display is back to normal then you can go ahead and mark this post as solved and you can choose a solution from the post that helped you in solving your problem.

Hope to hear from you tomorrow when you fix back your Nokia N95.

Please use plain text.