Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem with sim and offline mode on E75

cathydawe

Problem with sim and offline mode on E75

When my phone is switched on but hasn't been used for a few hours when I go to use it I find that it has gone into the "Offline" mode from then on the only way that I can clear this and use my phone again is by switching it off and back on which then gives me the option to come out of the Offline mode, I also sometimes get the insert the sim card message having switched off and back on again.

I have followed the procedures as specified in the user manual but to no avail.

Can anybody help?

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

Re: Problem with sim and offline mode on E75

its actually surprising that your phone would go to offline mode after a few hrs of non usage but to get it outtta offline mode after the, you dont need to put the phone off, you only need to lightly press the red button and then select your desired user profile e.g. General, pager, silent etc.

i'll check out the switching to offline mode after a few hours, but no promises mate.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
u1timo

[ Edited ]

i am having the same problem with my phone. i have had the sim card replaced twice and still it will automatically go offline mode and message "insert simcard" will appear. when i use the sim to other phones it works perfectly fine is there any issues regarding e series phones going offline and insert sim but in my phones case you cannot use it anymore when it goes insert sim. it just hangs. can anyone hep me with this? my phone is an e63 and this thing happened since i got my phone.

Please use plain text.
cathydawe

Many thanks for the reply I have tried this procedure before but it did not work the first time around, however I will give it another try the next time it happens. 

Please use plain text.
Nok_me_no_more

I have the same problem on my E75.

The phone goes into an offline state and indicates "insert simcard". The screen goes white and flickers and the buttons gets unresponsive. Sometimes, but not always, I can restart the phone to an offline mode and manually go online. Most of the time though, I have to lift the battery to restart. I still start with an offline mode after this procedure and still have to get to an online mode manually.

I have updated the firmware twice and changed simcards three times, but the problem persists. The phone is only half a year old and the problem has been there from the start. It makes the phone virtually useless as I cannot trust the most basic function - to be online.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gtuk2012

Hi,

I appear to be experiencing very similar problems but not entirely the same. My nokia e75 works perfectly fine in offline mode however once i insert a sim card it will switch off or reboot and remain in an offline state constantly and the phone is not usable. I am unable to put the phone online as it will crash which is puzzling? I have tried many different sim cards from working phones but no joy.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi there Gtuk2012,

Connect your phone to your PC and use Nokia Suite to backup all personal data and media. Then if there is an update available for your phone, update your firmware accordingly. If no update is available, then re-install your current firmware via Nokia Suite. If these still do not work, then try performing a three-finger hard reset, and if it STILL does not work, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate your nearest Nokia Care point: http://nokia.com/support

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.