Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 201.12.01

Contributor

Thank you daada for the answer. it's realy very simple.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thank you Laitos for fast reply. Will go to service centre. About question No.5 I made some confusion, sorry about that. I ment that it is a pitty when I cannot assign the folder  with shortcuts of installed application to a one of the main keys (this is used very often) and at the same time I can assign Application Manager to that keys however it is used very seldom as necessary only for preveiw of installed application and their uninstallation (it does not give possibility to start an application and veiw its icon). So generally it would be great to have ability to assign any folder contained in the phone (including flash card) to a key or to set it on the screen for quick start.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi all

When i am trying to send an email from my e75, I get that the email is queued for sending, and the outbox symbol is showing on my display, the email is not sent,and I can’t find a way to remove it nor the outbox sign from my display

Can anyone help please? 

I really don't want to restore to factory settings  

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i solved my outbox icon problem by removing the mailbox, but still no success in sending an email, i can receive but i cant send any help?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Dear laitos

This thread is is almost a month old. Everyday, I get about 15 to 25 alerts in my mailbox about new posts. This clearly reveals that the users really are in severe trouble. 

I don't understand why Nokia is unable to come out with some effective solution in this one month time. What's going on there at Nokia? Why this issue is being lingered. It is almost senseless that you (with due respect) are advising every now and then to reset the set to factory setting, when you have learned that it does not work. If I am not wrong, not a single user is satisfied and everyone is waiting for the new update.

I want to ask Nokia, officially, when can we get relief ????

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swaroopdutta

Problems with E75 (GPS Connection)

Hello everybody,

I use Google Maps for geo-location searching and mapping ... And i have Nokia Maps 3 (upgraded from ver.2). When I use Google maps or Nokia Maps, it displays my gps location correctly and keeping the application open, when i go to

GPS->GPS Data->Position, it displays the Satellite Status.  Strange but true !!

Nokia 3530 -> E50 -> E75 -> E72 -> X6 + E71 -> N8-00
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Re: Problems with E75 (GPS Connection)

cheerful: From my point of view / based on my experiences on these forums is that for me it seems like that people are really active in this thread because there's someone answering to these questions. And as I've stated before, there are things of which I can't speak in public due to my NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), so I can't e.g. speak of schedules or what we're doing and what are our plans.

This might however ease your pain a little bit: when I'm not posting on these forums I do feed this information gathered from these forums to our relevant teams. So there's no need to worry If I'm not answering, it doesn't mean that I'm not doing something about it :smileyhappy:

And the GPS works for most of the people and I'm really interested in what is the reason why minority of people are experiencing these problems and that's why I ask these questions. 

Anyhow, elias99: my guess is that you're using IMAP/POP3 for your emails (?), so I suggest that you check your outgoing (SMTP) server settings and e.g. use your SIM card provider's SMTP server for outgoing email.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor

My battery consumption and charging problem was solved by replacing the phone with new one. Let's hope this won't break down. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nagosy

Hi laitos,

i don't know how to revert to nokia maps 2.0 because Ovi Suite automatically installed 3.0 (with its latest patches) and doesn't allow to revert to 2.0 without reinstalling firmware (and I don't have any intention to reinstall firmware because this would be the 5th time I reinstall firmware reverting to factory settings in one month without seeing my GPS working...).

However, why should I install Maps 2.0 if  Maps 3.0 is reported to be compatible with E75? There is any known compatibility issue between Nokia Maps 3.0 and E75?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Once I reset my device to factory setting and the GPS worked perfectly. But after a few days, it went back to previous state i.e. even in open air it warns that "the GPS works poorly in indoors".
Please use plain text.
Professor
chandana99

hi Cheerful

What my experience is, even GPS works well that message" GPS works poorley indoor and closed areas" comes, but it vanishes soon and the machine ill get conneced o GPS and works well.

chandana99

Please use plain text.
Professor
chandana99

hi nagosy

in E 75 maps 3.0 works well even with the firmware 110.48.125 . please note that since my phone is operator branded and no more update to firmware new versions like 202.....

chandana99

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jurriaanvm

[ Edited ]

On my phone, GPS isn't working.

I have A-GPS, Integraded GPS and Network based enabled.

When I open the Nokia App GPS Data, it first displays 'Searching for GPS devices', then 'Calculating GPS data', but when I go in Navigatio, it says 'No Connection'.

I've tried resetting to factury defaults, reïnstalling my firmware.

I'm on 202.12.01.

EDIT: amazing, while typing this message, it started working again.... ?¿?¿

Message Edited by jurriaanvm on 19-Jan-2010 06:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jurriaanvm

Couldn't edit my post twice...

Maybe that changing my display language has caused my GPS to work again?

I changed my display language to English to cite the right translations for my post.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Uh, that's interesting observation. Can you send me a PM with following details:

1) Which language you were using

2) Product code of your device. Product code is written on the type label underneath the battery (CODE: XXXXXXX)

Please use plain text.
Professor
chandana99

hi Laitos,

Good morning here in Sri lanka, this is the latest from my E75

1. I have installed BatUninst from OVII wonder what happens by any mistake if I delete any of the applications.

2. In the Home screen when I open "WLANscanning off" it refreshes and gives "WLAN network found". but there is no network nearby. it just goes on refreshing and says the same all the time unless I go to options and switchs off manually. why is this? is that a normal behavior?

Chandana99

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swaroopdutta

Latest Free Ovi Maps NOT FREE for E75

hi Laitos,

I love to use maximum features of my lovely E75. So i was excited to get the news of Free Ovi Maps 3.0.3 with Free Navigation for Drive and Pedestrian.
But unfortunately it is NOT FREE for our E75, despite it is being offerred free for E52, E55 and E72. Even 5800 (which i presume is inferior to E75) has got the Free Version of Ovi Maps.

Is this due to the chaos of the already problematic Firmware ?? If not due to the firmware problems, why is E75 deprived of the latest maps?
Kindly clarify!
Nokia 3530 -> E50 -> E75 -> E72 -> X6 + E71 -> N8-00
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Latest Free Ovi Maps NOT FREE for E75

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Well, i have nokia e75 for a week now, and have same problems with gps after updating it to version 202.

Today i went to distributor for our country (slovenia) which also have biggest service for nokia phones over here, and they said they cannot downgrade it to version 110 on which all worked well.. I don't know why, but they said they allways when somebody brings phone on service, they put on it latest firmware...

I think it's just a **bleep** they cannot downgrade it, and im pretty mad about it!!

Furthermore, i contacted my phone operator where i bought the phone and i asked if there are any possibility to replace this phone with new one with version 110, and they said its only my problem if i upgraded it... 

But i also have observed one thing, i installed garmin xt on it, and in garmin gps works fine, also if you put the program to run in background, the phone gps software and nokia maps works fine, otherwise  it dont work at all...

I'm pretty disappointed with nokia and with this beautiuful phone...

Probably wont get another one nokia in my life because support and services simply stinks...

Have a nice day! fros

Message Edited by Fros on 25-Jan-2010 03:13 PM
Please use plain text.

Hi to all.

I updated my E75 firmware to the newest version and suddenly the GPS stopped working, as same as described by many other users in this forum.

I also tried many hard resets, soft resets and firmware re-install, without any result.

It's obvious that this problem doesn't involve the hardware or some personal stuff (eg: thid party software, "strange" settings, personal files etc) but it's only a Nokia firmware problem.

It's only a coincidence that GPS stopped working just when Nokia removed the "satellites status" window?

So I don't know why I (we)'ve to go to a Nokia point and leave my (our) phone(s), maybe for many days.

The problem came by software update, and the problem must be solved by software update.

And, I think that too much time is already passed without a solution: customers have already wasted too much time (and maybe money).

In my opinion this situation is unacceptable.

Instead of wasting resources in the "free navigation" campaign, I think that Nokia must give priority to solve those problems.

I hope that a solution will arrive VERY SOON.

Best regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Well, "satelite status" suddenly appears if you run for example garmin xt software in background. So, i really think that is not that much big problem to fix this FW...

However, I totally agree with post above mine, and Nokia is going to loose many their costumers with support like that...

Please use plain text.