Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 201.12.01

Advisor

Re: Problems with E75 (GPS Connection)

For a few weeks i make a full firmwareupdate to 202.12.01 on Nokia care center, after this many issues are solved. But the GPS fix doenst work like before, after i upgrade to Ovi Maps 3.0, it goes quicker.....

But for a few days i read about "navigation with Ovi Maps 3.0 for free", so i started "Nokia Maps Updater" and get the message "new Updates available"..i wonder but  i install the update and ..suprise suprise...after that ....my GPS Fix come into seconds!!!! I try this now every day on several locations and its always very quick!

BTW: When i install the update from Nokia Maps updater you must confirm the installation on the phoneand the verion is the same as before...i really dont understand that, but i am happy ..and now everything is god as before :-) expect the point that the E75 is not one of the device that can navigate for free..for ever.... ;-(

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swaroopdutta

Free OVI Maps for E75 is NOT going to be provided ever :-(

It is unfortunate that Free Ovi Maps Navigation is not going to be provided to E75 ... I am now seriously thinking to sell out my phone and purchase E72 instead.
Nokia 3530 -> E50 -> E75 -> E72 -> X6 + E71 -> N8-00
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Free OVI Maps for E75 is NOT going to be provided ever :-(

I had upgarded to 202.12.01 in December 2009. On January 25, 2010, my PC Suite indicated availability of a new Software upgarde for 202.12.01 about 416KB. I have installed the new upgrade and untill now, I feel the problems are solved including the GPS. I hope, I don't get any more annoyance.
Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

Hi Laitos

Where are u? we all are waiting to get some new solutions from u on E75. Please do not go away.

What is the latest on E75

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi everyone,

I haven't forgotten about you, but I haven't really had much time to reply to you due to business trips and the rubber band effect these trips cause for my daily work (spend a couple of days in meetings without access to emails => spend the rest of the week catching up what happened during those days), but I've been "lurking" around and reading your comments.

Anyhow, squezzer's observation of GPS working after re-installing Maps 3 was really interesting and I propose that you try this if you're seeing similar problems. These GPS issues have also been progressing here and improvements will be included in next SW release. Once again I have to say that I'm sorry, as I can't give you any better insight of the schedule. 

And I can't comment on the Ovi Maps question either...
Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

hi Laitos/Nokia

do hope that u are going to solve the problems regarding E 75 and make the phone as much as friendly use as always the earmak by Nokia.

Because we do not want to change the model so soon.

This is another point I do want t point out, my phone sometimes get stuck while making a call. this was not there upto recently. but for the last month it happened two times. I had to restart the phone to make normal. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Why??why new firmware behave like this??..i hate this..please nokia..im begging you..please solve this problem in quick time..if not,,please release old firmware in your software updater so we all can restore to old firmware..*sigh
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Dear Laitos, I've just taken back my E75 from service centre. They didn't resolve anything and said that one broken pixel is within limits and is not guarantee repaired (however the screen must be 240*320, not 239*319). About noises in the speaker during saying words in microphone they said that microphone shall be soldered and took the phone for two weeks repair (so they agreed with defect). Now they said that no defects found and they are not allowed to solder anything. Stupid. Maybe you have any comments. And one more question, is there any settings of microphone sensitivity? For example, automatic sensitivity level which is automatically increased when I say nothing and my first word rapidly decreases that level. Maybe the level is not decreased rapidly enough and I can hear noises in the speaker because of high sensitivity power of microphone? Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Is it possibly that a new incoming mail will not notify me with the flashing led like a new SMS or missing calls?
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi again everyone!

So far everything is looking good from our point of view and it seems like that most of the problems some of you have seen will be fixed (GPS issue with Maps 3, MfE privacy policy error messages, general sync problems etc). So at this point I have to thank you all in providing useful information with which we've been able to track these problems and find out the root cause. Unfortunately I still can't comment on the schedule etc.

Alex_K: Sorry, I don't know if the microphone is broken or not as I haven't seen the device. So I'll have to trust our service partner's comments.

If you've noticed something which has not been discussed in this thread, please let me know :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Dear Laitos,

My phone firmware 200.12.44

date of firmware 12-09-09

Language 47

Model E75-2

type RM-413

I got only 2 options of type language Hebrew/English

I really need to add Russian to my phone.

Is it possible?

and if it is,how can i do it

Thank you very much

Mike 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have a question about upgrading my micro-SD card.  I bought a new 8gb micro-SD card, I need to know how to transfer the data from the 4gig that was included by Nokia to the 8gb without losing any settings or data and having my many apps still working properly.  I have the data cable that came with the phone, I have the PC suite installed and I have a SD card reader in my laptop with the micro-SD to SD addaptor.

Please advise the best way to do this.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Dear Laitos,

I experience following issues with the current firmware (202.12.01) for my E75 in addition to the already reported GPS problem:

• Connecting the phone via USB to my computer results in several USB errors. Please see this bug report for the issue in the Linux kernel bugtracker: http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13605 Refering to this bug report these errors also occur on Windows machines, but were hidden from the user. I think that this is the reason for my unstable and therefore not really usable USB connection to the E75 on my Linux workstation.
  • Some applications (e.g. the Ovi Store) violate my settings in the "Destinations" dialog. They connect to the packet data connection from my cell phone carrier without asking me (I set to use the connection only "after confirmation"; it's an unbranded phone with generic product code), though there's a configured WLAN connection with higher priority and excellent reception available.
  • I hear a short noise in my headphones when I slide the keyboard in or out. It sounds like an empty audio file is played, though I set to play no sound on all sliding actions. Switching to integrated loudspeaker when sliding is disabled, too.
  • The color (grey on grey) of the triangular markers in the calender application is visible only quite poorly with the preinstalled color themes.
  • When setting the profile to another than "General" the date gets replaced with the profile's name, so looking after the date quickly in the home screen is not possible anymore.
  • There is a small error in the German translation: (Ctrl. panel > Settings > General > Personalisation > Notification lights > Notification light > ) "Events notified" is translated to "Gemeldete Veranst." instead of "Gemeldete Ereignisse". "Veranst(altungen)" means events in the sense of a party or a festival, not an event occuring on the phone.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Haey every one, and laitos

i just got my e75 it has got the lattest firmware, as in this topic, problem is with the GPS when ever i use the built in gps data application i dnt get any GPS connection, whatever my location is. comparitively, gps is working fine on all devices around me that are available. I took my handset to the nokia careline but they too coulld not find any solution to it. 

also i am getting problem with my email connectivity, whenever i try to add new imap email address it does not add it to my exeisting Nokia Messaging account, which is already set and working for hotmail, instead it makes it to work on mannual configuration, which is not what nokia messaging and E75 is advertised about. 

thanks and regards

looking for a prompt reply

Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi all ,

i am my self using e75 and this is a beautiful piece and it makes such problem there is a virus named torjan.confliker on the phone my himble request to u all is that the phone need a kesparskt 2010 antivius and then u need cleen out the virus and then u need to take the back up of the phone and then refarmat the phone with this method that isswich of the phone then press the 3,*and the answer button simontainously and then swich on the phone pressing these keys untill  the nokia logo appears and then restore the content i have doen the same method and never face problem with this beautyfull piece and also the 202,xxx lrimware has also come hence u can upgrade to that for better email stability and faster precess TRULY SPEAKING AFTER THIS ALL THE PROBLEMS INT HE PHONE WERE RECTIFIED..

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

abxvn: Sorry, no comments about linux. I hope that the issue will be fixed by the kernel developers or by the creators of the distro you're using as the USB connection works in Windows / OSX environment.

Ovi Store / destinations: Have you checked the destionation settings from Browser? Some applications share the same settings and if I remember correctly Ovi Store is one of those.

I'll forward the localisation / calendar / profile comments to proper teams. And about the headset noises: Can you send me a PM with more detailed information of which headphones you're using (BT/wired, manufacturer etc) so that we can check if we're able to reproduce this. 

mudaser: Please read this topic as the GPS problem solving instructions have been included multiple times (e.g. on page 4). And if you're having trouble with Nokia Messaging, I suggest that you check the web interface of the service: http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action

aleem15: These tips apply if you use a memory card reader, or when the device is connected to your computer in data transfer mode: You can try to e.g. copy the entire content of your memory card to a hard drive (include all hidden files) and then copy the files on a new memory card. If that doesn't work, then you can try to use some third party tools with which you can create an image of your memory card and then restore the image on the new card. You can e.g. google "create image of a hard drive" for more information of the available tools.

miketsoff: Sorry, there's no possibility of getting Russian + Hebrew at the same time. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying promptly,

i have already tried these solutions and they dont seem to work, i would be taking my handset to nokia care again for gps problem.

as for email I HAVE TRIED EVERY POSSIBLE WAY to make my imap email to work but its of no use

it is one of the worst drawbacks that nokia email server does not ask for manual settings and when it cant add my pop email account it just denies to set it up. i hope you understand this problem and pass it on.

Regards

Message Edited by mudaser on 04-Feb-2010 09:18 AM
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

It would help a lot if you'd tell which service you're trying to set up? Gmail, Yahoo or something else.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Laitos,

the USB problems are not only Linux related. Please read the bug report carefully again. The same errors occur also on Windows, but are not as easy visible as under Linux.  There seems to be an error in the Symbian USB implementation. Also other Nokia Symbian Smartphones need one of the common workarrounds implemented in the kernel already for buggy USB devices, but these workarrounds seem not to help with the E75, as mentioned in the bug report.

My destinations problem was really related to the destinations settings in the browser. If I set the WLAN access point there it's taken in Ovi Store, too. But then the connection is established to the chosen connection point automatically without confirmation, but I selected "after confirmation" for this connection point in the Ctrl. panel.

My headphones are quite sensitive Sennheiser in-ear ones. So when I slide the keyboard I can hear the short access on the sound device. But this access is not needed, when no sound should be played, is it?

Regards
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

haey every one thanks specially laitos

though i have just used this forum for one day i have figured out how to setup GPS, without hiccups.... though many but kinna without any once you figure out the way.

here are the steps which worked for me though they are taken from the forum i would like to summarize, though it seems only a-gps should depend on connectivity but i dont know why integerated gps also works only after i have followed following steps in exactly same manner 

1. hard reset *#7370#
  2. dont use gps untill you have followed step 3 and 4 after reset.
  3. activate your internet conection to yur service providr and not wifi
  4. open ovi maps and let it run
  5. now you would get satelite fix in less than5 seconds if you are in open space.

p.s. : i have done it in all possible ways i.e. first starting gps without internet, or starting gps on wifi all of which failed to initialize the gps fix, if you dnt get it right the first time after hard reset forget getting gps fix after wards, whatever you do it would always indicate NO CONNECTION

thanks and regards, waiting for a reply regarding email services though. that is giving me a tough time as me and my brother both are unable to use pop email service of our company.

(edit)

sorry could not remember about wreplying to you laitos, i am using amap services of my own domain hosted at www.domain(dot)com via namezero servers. my incoming server is mail11.domain.com and outgoing is mail11.domain.com i hope you help me in this regard. 

Message Edited by mudaser on 04-Feb-2010 05:49 PM
Please use plain text.