Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problems with E75 firmware 201.12.01

Counsellor
jurriaanvm

Re: Problems with E75 firmware 201.12.01

Being able to store emails on the memory card would be really helpfull, yes

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

Are you saying that with Nokia messaging, emails from popular providers (yahoo, gmail etc) can be saved to memory card and MfE cant be?

I dont know about MfE coz i dont use it, but my emails are saved to memory card, once you switch your messaging option to: use memory card, its then used as main storage.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jurriaanvm

I'm using Nokia Email, the preïnstalled client on my E75, and it's not able to store emails on the microSD. I don't know about other applications.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MarcNL

Please use plain text.
Advisor
flipmo

just my 2 cts...

Bought this phone in Nov. '09

had quite good times with it, but thi update has been a nightmare...

- I had continuous MfE problems,

- maps had trouble locking into satellites, I was mostly to eager to drive, and apparently it needed to be connected trough GPS positioning otherwise I got stuck: the initial gps lock couldn't take place during a navigation...

- I am forced to go to a shop to update the phone. I cannot update neither trough the phone itself, neither trough the PC...

Those things made me so frustrated... On top I was in Nokia homeland-Finland and having to drive from one client appoinment to another resulted in big frustrations: I got lost, simply because after half an hour the GPS didn't manage to get its positioning (what I call locking)

Tricks to restart the program, to restart the phone, didn't help at all. In the meantime I was trying to find my way anyway, I had a quite tight schedule...

Result: I got lost, very angry of frustration and I threw the phone against the car interior of frustration, result: screen is f*'ed.

Calling the guys at guarantee claims and service or whatever it is called I had to drop the call...

The guy couldn't understand that I was trying to make a point that I had a useless phone, not doing the job it should do, that I cannot use it as a reliable partner in business.

I mentioned the fact that my frustration ended up in throwing the phone. He was saying I couldn't make a claim of the screen, and I had to even repeat that 3 times, while he wanted to send me to a dmn shop to update the software.

I told him three times I don't want to give it a try by a good damn update, because I am having space troubles on the bloody phone as well, and that is not resolved. That reading the forums here like a nerd didn't really convince me that it was worth to believe in the soothing of a Software update....

And he kept on and on waiving my case. He finally made me quit the conversation hanging up, as he was gonna tell me I just had to have self-control and not throw the phone.

I mean, if you are like me, you don't just throw 500 € phones against the wall without having any frustration reaching over the top. Seriously: I have been an early mobile phone user, and I owned my first one in '96.

I had One Ericcson, never again after a Nokia.

Had amongst others

2630 i

had 95 8gB

had this one....

Next one is a damn iPhone!

And I am not even happy to have that fancy toy, but knowing apple I will never reach the point of throwing it against the opposite car door.

Away with OVI, I don't care the company has been restructured to handle the smartphone market better, I had it!

And I was a true defender of the brand...

Only thing I was gonna ask during that phonecall was:

What phone can you send me to replace this one, because I am sick of it? I bought a phone, it is not doing it's principal job, and I need to get on. The screen is a simple fix, I don't care to pay for such a thing, but in this case, **bleep**!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
flipmo

oh yeah, I had just bought the maps navigation licence for Europe, the fact that one wasn't free and no update for the app....tssssss

Laitos: good guy, but unless you can give me a working phone to replace this one: I'm gone
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

Sorry once again for this delay. I do keep track of what's going on (email notifications work like a charm!), but I'm currently traveling and these business trips tend to have quite busy schedule so I don't have much time to write on this forum. I'll be more active on next week when I'm back at the office and sorted out all work related things which I haven't had time to concentrate on during this trip.

So first things first: flipmo, can you send me your contact details (name + address + email + phone number) and I'll see what could be done?

And yeah, I checked with the email client teams and the response was that no emails can be stored on memory card and c-drive is always used. Let's continue this in the other thread, link is in MarcNL's post above :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rednose43

Hello laitos,

I have a simple question and I hope you are able to answer it. I have a non branded (non SIM-lock) Nokia E75 (black/silver) with Code 0581755. Is it possible to update the firmware to release FW 202 at a NSC? The Nokia Software-Updater always says that FW 110(.48.125) is the current ... :smileysad:

Thanks

Michael

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

dear friend rednose 43,

as per the code u r phone is E75 RM-412 Country Variant Germany DE Silver Black - V1. so u have to wait till it lists. please be patient. It looks that still it has not been listed to take 202.12.01

Please use plain text.
Advisor
flipmo

[ Edited ]

Hello chandana99 and rednose43

I actually believe one can go to the Nokia Service centre and have the phone flashed to another region code.

Then that would make it possible to upgrade the phone software...

You might have to compromise on the interface language though. :smileyindifferent:

I advise to call the Nokia Customer Service and ask them to be sure what is possible to confirm my thought.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

chandana99 wrote:

dear friend rednose 43,

as per the code u r phone is E75 RM-412 Country Variant Germany DE Silver Black - V1. so u have to wait till it lists. please be patient. It looks that still it has not been listed to take 202.12.01

Yup, 202.12.01 update should be available at some point for this variant, but I have no visibility on what is going on. Our local care should be able to answer to this question and give you some kind of estimate, so I recommend that you call or email to local support in Germany.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rednose43

Hello,

thanks for the answers. I will contact the german Nokia support and hope that they have a timeline/roadmap for FW 20x and Code 0581755 E75s ...

//Michael

Please use plain text.
smnsc

everybody got a lot of problems after they had done the update..i dont know why nokia doesnt do something...give us a new update hwo will fix thes problem..

i see that they are doing nothing..they prefer loosing custemers ,,not helping them

to bad..because i had trusted nokia..

my phone after the update is doing this :

1st- my bluetooth stoped working.

2nd- my phone doesnt recognize my usb when i am connecting him with the pc;

3rd-when i start the radio..the phone collapse..it freezes

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Budovi

Have you ever wondered that this problem is only your and maybe some people have same problems? So, it is probably caused by your care about your smartphone... If you are clever you find out how to solve most of problem like this by viewing this forum... That's all...
E75 (RM-412) fw: 211.12.01
Please use plain text.
Advisor
flipmo

[ Edited ]

Have you ever wondered that this problem is only your and maybe some people have same problems? So, it is probably caused by your care about your smartphone... If you are clever you find out how to solve most of problem like this by viewing this forum... That's all...

Mr. Budovi, have you ever wondered that these problems can not be only his, since you are mentioning existing threads with solutions to solve the problems?

" just caused by your care about your smartphone"... I think he cares a lot about his phone, otherwise he wouldn't have to brag here.

His care OF his smartphone... Just explain what a special care a smartphone needs, does it come with a care-manual? Is it a tamagotchi?

Do you think people that really use a smartphone for what it is supposed to be have time to go searching around the web to see what can solve the problems on their phone? Did you ever think these people might have quite a job already, hence the choice of a 500€ phone, that should be a working tool?

If you want to add anything that's not pointless, point to something that really helps, instead of thinking paople should buy a phone to find out how to care for it during two years to get it to work thte way it is supposed to work from day one.

I find your post completely pointless - that's all.

----------------

When upgrading your firmware, first do a backup of your phone memory to your memory card, install the update, and restore the backup from your memory card. That's all you need as care when updating your phone's firmware.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jkleinen

Let me just bump this thread...

How's the update coming along? I see yet another "deadline" has been missed (July 10)... I really hope an update is coming because I would really like to get some value out of my E75 for a change.

Too bad I had to buy a new phone before Android became popular else I would have bought one of those for sure.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

Good reminder :smileywink: At the moment it seems like that the SW would be available on Thursday afternoon (GMT+2). I'll let you know when the update has been released, or if there's still some delays. There shouldn't be any, but we'll see this on Thursday.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi everyone,

E75 SW 211.12.01 is now available via FOTA for our "vanilla" variants.If you have previously updated to 210.12.15 SW release, please check following steps:

1. Start Device Manager application by typing *#0000# in home screen, or selecting Menu > Ctrl. panel > Phone > Device mgr.
2. Select Options > Settings.
3. Change value of Default server profile to Nokia.

Other option is to use the SW update application (Menu > Ctrl. panel > Phone > SW update) which doesn’t require any changes to the default settings.

211.12.01 SW release will be available via Service Centers tomorrow.

NSU distribution will be started soon.

Br,

Teemu

Please use plain text.
PJAdl

Hi Laitos,

I have scanned through almost all of this forum looking to see if anyone has the problem I have.

I updated my E75 from 110 (I think it was) to what is available from my carrier. The new version is 202.12.01. The Custom Version is the same, but plus some extra numbers on the end.

I am quite happy with the new update except for one thing. After a day or two of the update, the following problem started occuring. When opening/creating calendar entries it takes a very long time - about 30 seconds. I have tried removing lot's of old entries but this hasn't helped.

This obviously makes using the calendar very difficult - especially the way I use it to create reminders to do things!

Is this a known problem?

Was it fixed with a later build?

If so, then perhaps I can push my carrier to get the build available to us. The Custom Version Date is 9 March 2010.

Any other ideas?

thanks for any help,

Paul

Please use plain text.