Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with the videos in the gallery

Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Problems with the videos in the gallery

Hi guys,

I am experiencing problems viewing the videos from the gallery on my Nokia N8-00. Turns out I have 24 recorded videos, but these do not appear in the gallery of images, only in the menu "Videos". Before I could see them in the gallery, but do not know what happened.

I've tried to copy the videos to the computer and then pass them back to the phone, but only appear in Videos menu, no at gallery.

Thank you,

Greetings.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Can anyone solve this problem? Is there anyone that can me SUPPORT? 
Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Advisor
adriaticus

Hello, I had the same problem after the upgrade. Your videos are still on the phone but you no longer can see them in the gallery. I found them by looking into each IMAGES folder on my phone. You can do that via PC connecting it to your phone or directly on the phone with a simple app which helps you browsing through the files (I don't know the app name, the icon says FILES). Hope this helps

PS - if you take a new video now, it will be visible in the gallery. The problem for me was for the videos I saved before the upgrade
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Thanks for answering.

If I make a recording if it appears, but not old recorded videos. I want Nokia support me for a solution to the old videos can again be seen from the gallery.

I've tried several ways and the problem persists.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The Gallery is unable to read videos from the 'videos' folder. It only displays videos from the DCIM\100Nokia folder.

Don't know what is the reason for this.

However, you can view the videos from the dedicated "videos' application
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

My videos are in the DCIM folder, so it should appear in the gallery.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

After updating my Nokia N8-00  to Symbian Belle I discovered that all the pictures shot with the phone after the update and all the videos shot with the phone after the update were saved under DCIM\100Nokia Folder and not the images or videos Folder as opposed to Symbian Anna.

The old Videos that were in the phone can be viewed from the Video Application and make sure that they are under the Videos Folder at the mass Memory because that is where my old videos are and i am able to view them via Video Application.

If you want to view them at the Gallery Application I suggest Moving the old videos to the DCIM\100Nokia Folder and give it a try and inform us of the results after the move.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ansluk

Unfortunately, moving the videos to DCIM\100Nokia seems not to be enough.

I also had to manipulate file times on the video file and move it forward to after belle update to get the video to show up in gallery. This is of course no good, since file time will be incorrect and video will not sort properly in gallery.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Nokia always with errors of all kinds. :/

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ansluk

I finally got this working by connecting to computer in mass-storage mode, moved the video files to DCIM/100Nokia folder and then deleted thumbnail cache in /Private/10281e17/[102830AB]thumbnail_v4.db on the same storage as my media files. Disconnected from computer and launched Gallery to update media.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

OK, I try...

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Sorry for the delay. I have done the same as you and has not worked. Probably the dates of the videos have been changed ... no? but it is very rare, the videos were not edited or anything.

:smileysurprised:

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Ansluk,

Thank you very much, your solution worked fantastically well for me!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

OMG, my N8 is s...k
Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
josephm4

Thank you
Please use plain text.