Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Project BUTTER for 808/ Belle

Contributor
ManiJ

Project BUTTER for 808/ Belle

From my experience of using the 808 over the last 1+ months, as well as others experiences in this forum, it looks like we are badly in need of a 'Project Butter' or equivalent for 808/Symbian/Nokia Belle.

While the (hardware) features the phone possesses are very good, and in many cases unbeatable, it is the random software unresponsiveness/restarts/exasperating random screen lock behavior that bugs me. While it is not always, it happens more often than I like. I love the phone's features, but please need a failsafe way to get to the basic functionality (take/make calls, standard unlock screen with security code, phone hanging with something happening in the background with we not knowing what and will continue for how long, checking and finding no other background applications, et al).   

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@ManiJ

Unfortunately this has always been the Nokia way for early adopters of new phones where Marketing wants the device yesterday and the software guys say not ready yet; no doubt situation will improve in subsequent updates and device will mature.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tf_translate

You want to check out the "3G bug" thread. 98% of the restarts and unresponsivenesses you describe are likely to be down to a hardware failure. You can check this by disabling 3G (reverting to GSM/EDGE only). I got that bug fixed for my phone and it has been very stable since then. The problem is that in most Western country Nokia seems to be unwilling to repair this bug, also it has confirmed the bug to exist.

www.tf-translate.net
www.deutscheschule.kiev.ua
Please use plain text.