Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Pureview 808 and Whatsapp

Counsellor
kamalzack
Accepted Solution

Pureview 808 and Whatsapp

I experience random shut off of Nokia 808 pureview with Whatsapp installed. Once I removed Whatapps I don't experience the problem anymore. Anyone else experience this problem? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
Craig_Mitchell

Re: Pureview 808 and Whatsapp

[ Edited ]

Hi kamalzack,

Just to let you know, I have whatsapp version 2.6.97 (28476) installed and working just fine on Nokia 808 PureView with firmware version 112.020.0309..

Is there something I could try to reproduce the problem you are having?

Regards, Craig

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kamalzack

Hi Craig,

I am not sure it is about Whatsapp or my connection or a faulty phone. But I experience random hangs up ie screen went blank and you can't switch off the phone by pressing the end call button. The only way to resolve is to remove the battery and switch on the phone again. Pls advise.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
Craig_Mitchell

[ Edited ]

Hi kamalzack,

Is this the only software that's installed and running on your device. And is it so that when you remove the software it's ok?

The software I've installed so far to my 808 PureView is:

all the microsoft office apps updates
google maps (latitude)
sports tracker
angry birds (the free nokia promo)
cameralover app (again, free nokia promo from ovi store)
internet radio
live train map (finland specific I guess)
whatsapp

..and basically they all seem to work happily together.

If you're having any other software on your device, I could try them also and see if I can get my device to reset under certain conditions.

I would like to hear from others if they are having similar issues, or what advice the community has with this application. I am not an expert with the whatsapp application, in fact I just installed whatsapp on the 808 Pureview simply because I saw you were having this problem :smileyhappy:

In the past, whenever I have had severe problems with my symbian device, e.g. after installing some 'troublesome' third party application or just because I have several devices and want to start with a clean slate, I simply format the device and start again. The only thing of course is to ensure the data you want saving are either backed up or stored somewhere else.

If you don't experience problems when the whatsapp is not installed, then my first thoughts would be there's an issue or conflict with the whatsapp application on your device, possibly with other software that's installed.

Anyways, I will open the floor to the great support of the community, let's see if we can figure a solution for you.. :smileyhappy:

regards, Craig

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kamalzack

Thanks Craig. I heed your advice and brought my 808 to Nokia Service Centre to reinstall the software. I think third-party apps might cause problems as I earlier just put my memory card from previous Symbian phone and it contained apps that automatically installed on my new 808.

Now that everything seems to run perfectly.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
Craig_Mitchell

[ Edited ]

Hi kamalzack,

Great to hear it's working for you now. In future you know you don't need to take the device to the Nokia Service Centre to reinstall the firmware. I hope they didn't actually reinstall anything because simply formatting the phone will restore it to it's shipping condition.

Anyways, you're up and running again, that's what matters.. :smileyhappy:

regards, Craig

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Craig_Mitchell wrote:

In future you know you don't need to take the device to the Nokia Service Centre to reinstall the firmware. I hope they didn't actually reinstall anything because simply formatting the phone will restore it to it's shipping condition.

Think that it all depends upon whether using "Factory settings" options of "Restore" or Delete data and restore" in Phone management user interface or going a step too far by *#7370# or three key reset in which both C:\ and E:\ wiped necessitating using refurbish option with Nokia Care Suite to restore device to "Out of box" state!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
how1ard

Craig.

I have constant problems with What's App and my phone hanging on 3.5 G signal and crashing. I've tried Nokia care centre and everything I can but nothing works, it was back crashing 2 hours after a complete reinstall.
 It would appear that there is a lack of will or expertise or both within Nokia to address these issues.

I am being issued with a brand new handset from Nokia as this seems to be the ONLY solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SViana

Hello,

I am having major issues here two. Brand new phone upgraded from SW 113.010.1506 to 113.010.1507, tried to use Whatsapp v. 2.8.14 and v 2.8.15, but both are crashing.

Somebody else having problems with same combination? I tried to downgrade to WA 2.6.97 but this one simply does not work at all.

Rgs

SV

Please use plain text.
mapiri78

Hello I usually have problems downloading whatsapp, but if I download the program using wi-fi then it downloads without a problem.
Another issue I have is when I send photos, then it will refuse to send them after maybe for our five photos. Then I download again.....
Mapiri78
Please use plain text.