Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Re installing phone software failed

Contributor
ashukashyap1
Accepted Solution

Re installing phone software failed

Hi

i was trying to reinstall my phone firmware using nokia suite but after backup my pc crashed and a blue screen comes up it was a kernel security check failure.

I am using windows 8 release preview any solution for this problem

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Windows 8 is still in beta stages and testing, a lot of software will not run properly on this operating system. You should reinstall Windows 7 or below and install Nokia Suite, then back up your device.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ashukashyap1

no it did the backup but when it starts flashing my phone then it crashes
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Have you tried doing this on another computer?
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shivam99

How to install a new software in nokia 5130xpress music?pls tell me
Please use plain text.
alirezasathi

[ Edited ]

Shivam99 wrote:
How to install a new software in nokia 5130xpress music?pls tell me
Moderator's Note: This post was edited to remove multiple and unnecessary quoted messages. Posting once will suffice so please don't quote a message multiple times in one post.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

thanks for asking the same question unnecessarily many times. for software updating made easy, check out http://nokia.com/softwareupdate and follow the instructions provided.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
sanjib1991

Re installing phone software failed

when i am updating my phones software, there is a problem when installing the new software and now my phone is not working how the phone can be repaired??.....please please please help me.....and other thing even nothing ha[ppend at the time of reinstalling than also nokia suite is showing that your phone is disconnected......is it cheating or what....even i dont have any other phone...so please reply how can i repair the phone as soon as possible

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@ sanjib1991 - Didn't mention which phone ? Have a look HERE. If you have an Asha series phone, the ONLY thing you can try is remove the battery for a couple of minutes, insert and see if the phone switches ON. Else, need to visit Nokia Care

BTW the phone switches OFF and ON on its own a few times during the Update / Re-install process. When it switches OFF its quite obvious that the Nokia Suite will inform you that the phone is disconnected. It should get reconnected, once it switches ON .. 

Please use plain text.