Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Recover Garmin Unit ID on SD card?

Advisor

Recover Garmin Unit ID on SD card?

Hello, I have a slight problem.

I recently desided to update my phone's operating system to the latest. My phone is Nokia 6110 Navigator. I've had no problems with it so far. I've had Garmin Mobile XT micro SD card in it from day one with no problem. After updating the operating system, the Mobile XT won't work. The phone display's an error,  It has something to do with incompatibility. I have an Mobile XT installation disk so I did format the micro SD card and reinstalled the program. I also had to uninstall the program in Program management on the phone. I now get the program running on the phone but it's unable to find the unit ID. I know it's because I formatted the card and the unit ID was on it. Is there any way for my to fix this problem? I have the unit ID written down so all I have to do is get the unit ID on the card somehow.

Regards,

Sverrir D

Sage
sniperdude

Re: Recover Garmin Unit ID on SD card?

this is really a garmin problem not a nokia problem but have you tried

installing the latest update for garmin its likely the disk you have is old 

might just solve the problem 

http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-11034-00
Advisor

Re: Recover Garmin Unit ID on SD card?

Yes, I forgot to mention that. I tried all downloadable updates from Garmin. The updates installed right but the software was never able to find the built-in GPS module/unit ID.

I've sent e-mail to Garmin in USA, hopefully they will be able to give me a solution.

Thanks for your reply.