Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Reset Lock code on Nokia E71?

Sage
Accepted Solution

Reset Lock code on Nokia E71?

OK, I've just upgraded the doftware on my phone to v200.21.118 and all seemed to be be well. Phone rebooted and then went through the set-up stage of asking which country, city, time etc.

It the asks for the lock code and so I eneter the code I had changed it to ages ago, which doesn't work. So I figure that maybe the software update had reset the lock code to the original '12345' but this doesn't work either!

Anyone have any idea how I can reset this? I'm now unable to use my phone! :-( I seem to remember on some old Nokias that you could enter like a master code to override this...

Any help VERY much appreciated...
Professor
thundertiger

Re: Reset Lock code on Nokia E71?

I don't know if this will work. But try using 4 zeros? '0000'
E71-2 Grey Steel
type: RM-357 code: 0569371 FW: 410.21.010
08-02-2010 Nokia E71-2 (236.06)
Professor
jonas_smith_uk

Hi.. Unless you can remember the code then the only way to reset it is via an authorised Nokia repair point.. the default code should be 12345.
Current Device; Nokia E71-1 F/W v200.21.118
Past Devices; Nokia 6220 Classic.. Nokia 6500 Slide.. Nokia 5310 Xpress Music.. Nokia E65.. Nokia 6230i & Many Many More!
Sage

Nope, already tried that along with all the other obvious choices such as 1234, 1111 etc...
Professor
thundertiger

Did you have a remote lock password setup by any chance? Or an encryption password?
E71-2 Grey Steel
type: RM-357 code: 0569371 FW: 410.21.010
08-02-2010 Nokia E71-2 (236.06)
Sage

I am such a tool! I have just remembered after talking my Wife that I changed the code to an actual word! D'oh!!!

All unlocked now, although I guess it might be useful to know how this can be reset should this happen to someone else...
Professor
jonas_smith_uk

At least your sorted.. As it is a BB5 handset it is impossible to reset the code via conventional methods.. all you can do is take the device to a nokia care point
Current Device; Nokia E71-1 F/W v200.21.118
Past Devices; Nokia 6220 Classic.. Nokia 6500 Slide.. Nokia 5310 Xpress Music.. Nokia E65.. Nokia 6230i & Many Many More!
Sage

Ok, well I'll take extra care to ensure it doesn't happen again! Phew! What a relief! :-)
Mobile Guru
richcowell

It was different than updates for other phones I've done in the past too - they usually reset the code to 12345, but it didn't reset it this time - I panicked for a second when it wasn't the same as it's always been...

Glad you got it sorted :smileyhappy:
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5

hey guys

I have just upgraded my phone to the new firmware and everything was smooth till i set te time and location and it started asking me for lock code, i entered 12345 since i had never changed it, but its refusing to work! any help?

Registered Member

I got the same problem, but it's been 2 days and I still can't remember the lock code :smileysad:. To make things worse, it's CNY long holidays. Is there any trick besides going to Nokia Repair center.

TIA

I was playing with the keys and without any numbers it unlocked, but i had to change the language to english and it re started and i am back to square one!! anyone out there who can help me??
Registered Member

you could also sequence is as typing the number '0', five times.
Registered Member

Had one of these problems at work today, contact your service provider for one of the standard sim unlock codes
Contributor

hey... i too faced the same problem after upgrading the phone software from the nokia website... man this really sucks... and i never had set the lock code before upgrading... i spoke to a friend who is a cell phone reseller... he said there is no option but to send it to a Nokia service centre who will format the entire device. so if u dont have the latest backup... u are screwed... luckily i backed up today before upgrading...

funeeeeeeee....

Registered Member

I work for T-mobile tech support, you don't need to send it off for repair, I've had people with this problem who never changed the lock code from default, didn't even realise they had one, and all they needed to do was enter the standard sim unlock code, not 12345, not 00000, although they may work for some, the resolution I found was to enter the operator specific code which you get from the service provider i.e. orange/o2/t-mobile etc

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have upgraded software on my E71 and I got the same lock code problem...

i don't remember if i changed it -> I've got also an E61i and I have set the phone lock code QWERTY...

I didn't send my phone to the NOKIA repair shop... I just dial 112 and then hung up...

works like a charm... it doesn't solve the problem though

OPERATOR:    COSMOTE

Please reply if you have a diffrent solution...

Message Edited by adilie2003 on 31-May-2009 11:04 PM
Message Edited by adilie2003 on 31-May-2009 11:06 PM
 Moderator's note: IMEI removed. It is unwise to post a unique identification number on a public forum.
Message Edited by concordia on 01-Jun-2009 11:42 AM
Contributor

Hi,

Nothing much you can do in this situation except pray that you have already backed up your phone as the only option available is to send the phone to Nokia who will format the phone and reinstall all standard factory software and give it back to you. In this you end up loosing ALL data and additional software which you may have installed after purchasing the phone.

Sad but true...

ciao,

jesal.

I Have the same pb, it appears that the only way to get it u

nlock is to send it back to Nokia for a long long time... inacceptable!!! why do they have that firmware up to download if they know it will lock the phone!!! soooo pisssed!!!

I live in Africa and i bought my phone in France not sure when i'll get back to France...  so basically i'm screwed till they find a way to fix it online...

please help!!!  :mansad:

Contributor

as I wrote before,

for me the unlock code problem goes away when I dial 112, wait for a second and then I press the end call button..

112 is the emergency number in my country

I want to know if it works for anybody else...

the operator unlock code is an impossible thing to get...