Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Reset of "dead" C5-00

Advisor
V_Man
Accepted Solution

Reset of "dead" C5-00

I purchased C5 from an ebay private seller 5 months ago. He assured me it was under warranty. For no real reason, it recently stopped working, could not switch on. My local Nokia Repair Centre have told me it is from Hong Kong so not under warranty (I was misled by seller) and I paid £20 for repair. It only took them few minutes, they said they just reset it. If it happens again they say I must pay again, they say I cannot reset it myself. I am very worried how much this will cost me, because I did not do anything to cause the problem so don't know how to prevent it.

My C5 is important to me because I am disabled and can't use different design of phone too easily.

Is there really no way to fix it myself if it happens again?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Reset of "dead" C5-00

There is several reset codes you can use yourself .
factory reset which returns phone to default is *#7780#
hard reset is *#7370# security code for both is 12345.
you would have to back up your data first before doing that.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_Man

Thanks, but how to enter the codes when it simply won't power on? Is there a secret reset switch hidden away somewhere?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Press and hold these three buttons * + 3 + Green call button. now push the power on. keep those buttons pressed, until you see timezone selection screen.
(Buttons to hold are STAR, THREE, GREEN CALL BUTTON)

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_Man

Thanks, I'd read something similar and tried it before going to repair centre, but maybe I did it wrong. To clarify, assuming screen is not coming on and battery is possibly drained but unchargeable due to non-physical fault in phone, is the following sequence correct?

1. Connect phone to charger (even though charging will not be apparent).

2. Press and hold STAR.

3. Press and hold THREE.

4. Press and hold GREEN CALL BUTTON.

5. Press and hold RED END CALL BUTTON ("push the power on").

6. Keep all 4 buttons pressed until screen comes on (how long for, 10 secs long enough?), then release all buttons.

7. Done. Phone reset to factory settings.

Please edit that list to correct me. Also, can you tell me exactly what this does? Does it blitz the phone's memory and copy things back from an internal backup?

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you dont need to connect to charger,remove the memo card,and sim card, then use the code.This will wipe phone.so next time you store anything back it up with Ovi suite.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Just to add the power on button is the last button to press hold all buttons down until you see Nokia logo.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_Man

Thanks! So basically: Remove sim/mem cards, press+hold [*, 3, CALL, END-CALL] in that order, keeping all pressed until screen lights up.

I'll make a note, and hope I never have to try it!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Yep, sure if have any issues dont be afraid to ask.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_Man

I want to cry :smileysad: After 3 weeks of happy use, it's happened again and this reset solution is not working. Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Have you tried all the resets?

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_Man

What do you mean by "all"? I thought the last one you suggested was the only one that could work in the case of there being no sign of life. I tried as follows:

Remove sim/mem cards, press+hold [*, 3, CALL, END-CALL] in that order

I kept all those pressed for 20 secs, nothing happened so I tried a couple more times then gave up.

What other reset tricks are there?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

If the phone is turned off and refuses to turn on, there is only one way to hard reset it. If it won't come on on what you've previously tried, you will have to get it repaired.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]
Does battery have good charge?try removing it for a few mins and then insert it again and try the code once more if it does not work it will have to be looked at as advised above.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_Man

Battery was down to 2 bars when it died. I paid £20 to get it reset 3 weeks ago and was told if it happened again I'd have to pay again. I can't run the risk of repeated payments, better maybe to cut my losses with this phone :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

if its possible to charge the battery elsewhere try that there is no need to pay for a reset when you can do it yourself

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
oixs

i also cant reset my nokia c-5 ,, always ask the code,, n the code 12345 can't..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

If the code is not 12345 its been changed and you need to contact whom you purchased it from to get the code.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_Man

Got battery charged at a phone shop and tried the reset combination again - still no joy. Shop suggested re-flash via Ovi Suite but phone not coming on so not detected by Ovi Suite. Gutted as feels like I have to cut losses and ditch phone :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
123mishaq

hi dear frnz , i purchesed nokia c500 5 month ago but that percen put a password in factory setting which i dont know i tried your given trick but untill it is not restored, plz plz give me more idea .

Please use plain text.