Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Restore N70 to Fatory settings

Counsellor

Restore N70 to Fatory settings

I want to know that how can I restore my N70 to factory settings(Command?) and what should I take care before that operation.
It affects what portion of the phone? Does it erase all the date on the memory card? I would be thankful for your expert suggestions.
Please use plain text.
Professor
indra_n80

Re: Restore N70 to Fatory settings

if you want to restore to factory settings the type *#7370#. it will erase data.
At last a nseries phone im truely happy with THE N82
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

No, indra y are slight wrong.

Zaeem, Go to Tools>settings>Phone and y will get it.

Y nothin have to worry.

It will not delete the ROM memory data or yr memory cards data.

But the user defined settings such as display, profile settings etc would be lost.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thank you very much guys for your help, I really appreciate it. Now let me tell you the whole scenario that why I like to restore factory settings is: when I go to Gallery--->Trancks its says "Opening" and after few seconds gallaery is closed. When I tried to play tracks via gallery after ejecting my memory card it successfully plays the tracks. Now this implies that my memory card has some problem.

Now I stored my messages in memory card instead of phone memory and if I format the memory card how can I get my messages back to inbox??? Please assist me in this regard.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

You could back them up to your PC using lifeblog, then select them to be copied back to phone afterwards.

Or you can set them to store on your Phone memory rather than memory card, then reverse that when you've formatted the card...

As you've got them stored on the memory card already, I'd guess you know how to do it, but just in case:

Menu - Messaging - Options - Settings - Other - Memory In Use - Phone Memory - Yes (It should ask if you want to copy existing ones across).

It's not a Kingston memory card is it? They were known to have compatibility problems with Nokias, though I'm not sure whether they've improved since.
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thank you very much for your help. I know how to change the message memory but when I change the message store memory from memory card to phone memory it doesn't ask me to copy all new phone memory.

Second, can you please throw some light on lifeblog. Using lifeblog we can take backup of phone + memory card on my computer . Can I restore that backup on my phone from computer.

One more problem I have with my N70 speakers, the sound quality is not very good the sound seems to be torn out.

Please help me regarding these issues.

Once again thank you very much.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

Not sure about your first problem, it should ask if you want to copy them all...

Second: Lifeblog won't backup everything, you should use PC Suite for that... but I would highly recommend backing things up individually, rather than using the 'Backup' feature... If you backup the error, you'll restore it again when you put it back on...

Lifeblog will take care of all your SMSs, MMSs, Images, Movies, Sound Clips, Notes - that's all in the settings. You should backup contacts, ringtones/MP3s etc. Calendar entries separately.

The sound quality of the speaker is probably a hardware problem, so you should take it to your nearest Nokia Service Centre and get it checked out - assuming it's not been tampered with, it should still be covered by its warranty.
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

so after taking the backup of my messages using lifeblog onto the computer. I am able to restore it on the phone from computer? right?

I will try it and will let you know
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

When I take backup using Lifeblog it only takes the backup of Lifebog's database wich is installed on the PC. How can I take backup of my N70(Both phone and memory card contents)? Can you please throw some light on it.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Hey! Why dont you backup SIMPLY by using PC SUIT?
Its very easy.
and also so to restore.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

But using PC Suite I can only take back up on memory card not on PC, right?

I want to backup my phone and memory card contents so that I can format memory card and after the restore my contents back to memory card. How can I take backup of contact and messages?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes but using PC Suite I can only take back on memory card. Actually I want to format my MMC and thats why I have to take backup of MMC(Contacts and Meesages are stored in MMC). Please guide me that how can I take backup and restore after formation of MMC?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Hi.
Y mean y want to do a "Backup and Restore" for yr memory card, right?
Because y have to format yr memry card.
AS FAR AS I KNOW PC SUITE SUPPORTS BOTH BACKING UP MEMORY CARD AND PHONE MEMORY.
Right in this way:Click backup on the PC suit main menu,
then the boring content copier will appear and then the main menu of Backup will appear,
if y see carefully by hitting the setting menu
y will see three options:

1.Backing up only phone memory,
2.Backing up only memory card
and
3.Backing up bothphone and memory card.

[PS:If y face any problem backin' up memory card please let us know]
thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Than you very much for your continuous help. I am successfull in taking back and storing it onto my PC. I will try it to restore on my N70 and if I face any problem I will let you know.

I once again thankul to you.
Please use plain text.