Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Restoring Factory Setting for nokia 5800

Registered Member

Restoring Factory Setting for nokia 5800

i just installed a new theme for my nokia 5800 then when it was installed i tried it then suddenly my phone hanged and i cant press any buttons. I removed the battery and switched the phone on again then now my phone is running real slooooooow now i can't even unlock the keys now!!!!! :smileysad:... anyway i was thinking that i'd restore the factory setting of my phone it will run smoothly again. anyone knows how to do it?? thanks in advance :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: Restoring Factory Setting for nokia 5800

as long as you can touch the keys this is what you can do

*#7780# default restore settings no lose data

*#7370# phone reformat you will lose data so back up

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

just type in *#7370# from the numeric keypad mode, just make sure to make a full backup though...

also in the future if you are not so sure of the compatibility of the thmes or applications try to install them on the memory card rather than in the phone, so if something happens all you need to do is remove the memory card...

Please use plain text.
DONKONJON

Pls how could i set all my downloads to be stored in E- card instead in phone memory for my nokia 5800  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

From Ovi store you can set your account preferences to install to memory card, whenever I sideload applications, the phone usually asks where I want to install. Not everything can be stored to memory card, most Nokia stuff insists on installing on C and so only install Nokia software you REALLY need or want  !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
markyboygams

[ Edited ]

if I use *#7780#?......I installed my previous application....though it will be lost?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

markyboygams wrote:

if I use *#7780#?......I installed my previous application....though it will be lost?

No... This will just set the Phone back to Factory SETTINGS... i.e. all your Personalisations will be set back to the Out-of-Box state..

If you have un-installed some of the applications you will have to re-install them or in some case re-installing the firmware may get them back..

Please use plain text.
coelacanth

Trying

*#7780#

but neither the numeric pad nor the contacts shortcuts on the main screen is responding. 

Is there any way to access the numeric pad other than from the main screen? I can create/type messages fine.

Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

1. Reboot the Phone and try again..

2. Menu -->Settings --> Phone --> Phone Management -->Factory Settings will give the SAME result as thru' *#7780# .. only thing of concern is you need to enter the security code (Default 12345 unless set by you) when prompted which should not pose problem with the issue you are facing.

Please use plain text.