Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Roll Back to ANNA - C7-00 from USELESS Belle

Sage
veeyoes88

Roll Back to ANNA - C7-00 from USELESS Belle

Nokia should make option urgently to Roll back to ANNA

With the 'blody Belle' update, the following on C7-00 is not working

Lotus Traveller

Fring

Joikuspot

Wifi (not connecting at all, mobile data is working)

Nokia should take these seriously and fix the bugs urgently or provide option to Roll back to ANNA.

With ANNA all the above was working fine.  It is a big mistake did to update with Belle.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

I've head something about Belle making the wi-fi stop working on some devices but I didn't believe it. Well this is not good at all (hope it won't happen to my C7 when I update to Belle)...

Anyway, did you try re-installing Nokia Belle? I don't know but it may work.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Contributor
plcl

After updating my C7-00 to Belle I was unable to use my WiFi as well. First, the password for my WPA connection was lost, and I needed to enter again the pre-shared key. Finally I've disabled the "power saving" setting for wifi (the setting is in the wifi connection list screen) because it is not compatible with my home router.

Regards,

Pedro

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Skype was already in the non compatible app list and now it seems that a new version of Belle supported app is available someone in this forum itself had said so. Regarding Wifi am having no problem with my C7. The updation deleted my settings and i re configured Wifi which made it to be back to working state. Regarding fring and other apps I haven't had any experience.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BIKK

I do see Joikuspot available in Store for Belle.
Skype, also, is available...
ajaydavidson is correct, all the saved profiles ARE deleted after the upgrade as basically Belle is new OS...just like you format/upgrade your PC and cannot expect to have all the application settings intact.

Please try the below steps: From the pull-down, enable Wi-fi; Click on Wi-fi (possible in not connected status); options; settings, set power saving mode to disabled.

Let know if this helped.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shajjeel

my wifi is still working fine after updating to belle but there are lots of other problem like flash player not able to play .flv files anymore,phone working slow
Please use plain text.
Sage
veeyoes88

Re: Roll Back to ANNA - C7-00 from USELESS Belle (same as Windows Vista)

DEAR ALL,

HAVE YOU READ ALL POSTS ON BELLE? THERE ARE LOT OF PROBLEMS FOR EACH AND EVERY USERS!

WITH ANNA I DON'T THINK ANYONE HAD ALL THESE PROBLEMS.

WE SPENT MONEY TO BUY NOKIA, DO YOU THINK IS IT WORTH TO BUY NOKIA AND FACE ALL THESE PROBLEMS?

WHY NOKIA RELEASED BELLE WITHOUT SOLVING ALL TEHSE PROBLEMS IF THEY HAD A TRIAL RUN?

WE NEED THE HANDSET WITHOUT BUGS - IT IS WORTH TO SAY "ANNA" WAS VERY GOOD.

NOKIS SHOULD CONSIDER THE OPTION TO ROLL BACK TO ANNA IF ANYONE WISHES

OTHERWISE, WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING A SMART PHONE (without smartness) WHEN OTHERS HAVING HANDSETS WITH MORE OPTIONS.

IF NOKIA IS SERIOUS ABOUT THE COMMENTS AND CONCERNS OF THE USERS OF NOKIA PHONE, THEY SHOULD CONSIDER OUR CONCERNS AND FIND A REMEDY WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. 

AFTER BELLE UPDATE WE SUFFERRED ENOUGH.

I EXPECT A REPLY FROM NOKIA

REGARDS

VEEYOES

Please use plain text.
Advisor
g_code

Re: Roll Back to ANNA - C7-00 from USELESS Belle (same as Windows Vista)

Hear Hear
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mojoh_be

My C7 didn't work properly as well : no 3G connection or WiFi...

However : after a factory reset and deinstalling all of my apps Belle works like a charm. It reacts faster and has much less problems with apps hanging.

I suspect certain compatibility issues regarding third party apps to be the problem with wifi and 3G connections.  I figured out that for my phone for instance SPB Wireless monitor was to blame. After deleting all my apps and reinstalling all of them except wireless monitor everything works fine.

I don't expect a firmware upgrade to go flawlessly...it still is an upgrade of the operating system...

With a little help of the many post on the forum I have always been able to make my nokia(s) work to my expectation.

So members of the forum : keep up the good work !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tibster

I want the old(anna) calender wignet back, the new one (belle) only show 1 activity/meeting and it bloody suck !!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

For those who're having problems with wifi after belle update, try disabling the power saving mode and see. If it still doesn't work, try performing a factory reset and reinstall belle. You should have no problems. Of course there are certain bugs in belle but it is still good enough and an improvement over Anna. For those who are yet to update to belle, I'd ask you to do the following. Back up your phone. Perform a factory reset with deletion of data. Once your phone's up and running, connect to Nokia suite, and click on the software updates button. If your product code's update is available, it should pop up, if not, try refreshing it. Once it shows, start the update and in about half an hour or so you should have belle in your phone. Once that is done, restore your back up that you had saved without the phone's settings and applications as this is the reason for most issues on belle. Reinstall missing applications from store. All the best.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mojoh_be

I think the procedure described by blitzkid indeed this is the way to do it.

Belle is a great improvement IMHO. For my C7 it runs smoother, faster, less hangs...

Gogogogo

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Sage
veeyoes88

Have you ever tried
Lotus Traveller
Joikuspot
They are not working
Use C7-00 as normal phone, its OK, otherwise NO
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I think skype is available for belle... Even that is not working?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BIKK

Joikuspot too shows in store for Belle...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mojoh_be

I use Joikuspot on my phone. It works well for me.

Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

Skype works too on C7 Belle.
Please use plain text.
jayzed_il

All apps are lost. No clear warnings in advance. Right -to- left languages are not accommodated. Basically useless unless you use left to right languages. This is a very unpleasant experience which could be prevented by providing the correct information in advance and limiting the changeover to specific language zones where it works. Also painfully slow on the c7. What a shame. This could have been cleaner and easier with a bit more time and care. A roll back is urgently needed until these problems are resolved. No way to reinstall Anna and its backups on my pc. Urgent!! My phone is out of use. End of story.
Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

It's not "painfully slow". It's actually much faster than Anna.

Please use plain text.
Sage
veeyoes88

IT IS TIME TO "WAKE UP NOKIA" 

With the Belle Update I lost

Quickoffice Premium

Boldbeast

Slide Answer

Lotus Traveller

as they are not working.

It is staragne that even the application available fron Nokia Stores are not working perfectly with Belle

WADE UP NOKIA WAKE UP... IT IS TIME TO WAKE UP

With all frustrations from a NOKIA user

Please use plain text.