Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Roll Back to ANNA - C7-00 from USELESS Belle

ramunkj

Re: Roll Back to ANNA - C7-00 from USELESS Belle (same as Windows Vista)

I had problem after upgrade from Anna but after formatting the memory (all contacts, files will be lost. Take backup and do) I could install Fring, etc., working nice.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

Re: Roll Back to ANNA - C7-00 from USELESS Belle

veeyoes88 wrote:

IT IS TIME TO "WAKE UP NOKIA" 

With the Belle Update I lost

Quickoffice Premium

Boldbeast

Slide Answer

Lotus Traveller

as they are not working.

It is staragne that even the application available fron Nokia Stores are not working perfectly with Belle

WADE UP NOKIA WAKE UP... IT IS TIME TO WAKE UP

With all frustrations from a NOKIA user

Do I take it you wish to go back to Anna because you have four apps not working?

Boldbeast works fine in my Belle C7! Quick office we all know about not being compatible which they are resolving.

So that leaves you with two apps hardly worth making all the song and dance about considering Belle is much faster and better, well on my C7 I have no doubt it is!

There was a large warning about apps before the update process in suite began, I take it you choose not to bother reading it and just clicked 'update'

BTW The red text is very dramatic heaven help us if you had real issues!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
veeyoes88

Chazey2
Do you know what Lotus Traveller does? I can access all my official mails, lotus notes applications while I am away from my office and I can act immediately. It is very important for me.
The problems mentioned are very less
Skype is also not working, which was also being used extensively.
I suggest you read all the post related to the problems of Belle update and conclude.
I am still facing problems. The mentioned are only few and I really wish to go back to ANNA where I have no problems at all.
How you feel, if you were comfortable with ANNA at the same time have lot of problems with Belle.
You may be lucky when you have less problems. If the handset is only used just to make calls, listen music etc. then it is fine, I agree. But if you want to use as SMART PHONE, undoubtedly I can say that BELLE is the worst OS, comparing to S^3 and ANNA.
How you concluded that I ignored the warning while on update? I did exactly what was the instruction on screen at that time. Moreover, once I did hard resent and updated again. Still my problems are persists. Don't just sit behind and think the other did wrong!!
I strongly believe that NOKIA should read all the problems facing by the users (not only me) and find a solution rather scapegoats the others.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

[ Edited ]

veeyoes88 wrote:
Chazey2
Do you know what Lotus Traveller does? I can access all my official mails, lotus notes applications while I am away from my office and I can act immediately. It is very important for me.
The problems mentioned are very less
Skype is also not working, which was also being used extensively.
I suggest you read all the post related to the problems of Belle update and conclude.
I am still facing problems. The mentioned are only few and I really wish to go back to ANNA where I have no problems at all.
How you feel, if you were comfortable with ANNA at the same time have lot of problems with Belle.
You may be lucky when you have less problems. If the handset is only used just to make calls, listen music etc. then it is fine, I agree. But if you want to use as SMART PHONE, undoubtedly I can say that BELLE is the worst OS, comparing to S^3 and ANNA.
How you concluded that I ignored the warning while on update? I did exactly what was the instruction on screen at that time. Moreover, once I did hard resent and updated again. Still my problems are persists. Don't just sit behind and think the other did wrong!!
I strongly believe that NOKIA should read all the problems facing by the users (not only me) and find a solution rather scapegoats the others.

veeyoes88

First off let me apologize, I did read the complete topic before I replied to your post. Your post in caps in red I must confess struck me as what I see as some of these younger users that have screamed the forum down demanding Nokia release the Belle upgrade and now are demanding a roll back to Anna as they have a few teething problems that they are unwilling to investigate and in many cases could solve for themselves.

It would seem my friend we both use our phones in the same manner i.e... Business. I do not have one music file or game on my phone even all the preloaded games have been deleted.

I too receive a large number of emails relating to work ,documents and pictures of job specs that need my attention and sometimes purchase instructions relating to buying product for an upcoming job.

I have Boldbeast to record job details specs etc. Whilst talking to clients rather than have to scribble notes. Boldbeast install file was on my Sd card so I just re-installed and tapped on registration and already the 'key' field was filled in for me and I was asked if I wished to put another 'key' in I just clicked ok on the pre-filled one and presto fully working no issues. I will say that I found V3.10 onwards did not work well with Anna let alone Belle in my C7 and a long time ago went back to V3 which works very well the only difference being no MP3 option. I would suggest you try V3 if you are unable to get the file PM me and I will send, you will need your own reg key of course.

Our I.T department at work set up that all work email got auto forwarded to our home email accounts and my home email account via a filter forwards all work email to my Ovi account which is solely for work use.

I use Dropbox for pictures documents etc which the office can deposit into for me to pick up if urgent then I'm mailed as well meaning I'm 'in the loop' all the time and work, home PC's and phone are all in sync. With Smart Office I can edit/change documents and return to Dropbox for all concerned to see. Again PM for Smart Office if you've never used it, it makes Quick Office look like the poor relation.

I never have had a problem working away from office with this system and if I can help you with any of this let me know.

Also if your sure you wish to go back to Anna I can point you in the right direction but it will involve flashing your phone which can be risky, I have flashed two C7's a number of times without a problem but I may be considered lucky.

All the best.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
veeyoes88

Chazey2
At the outset, thank you for your understanding.
My problem is that I was using the Lotus Traveller for daily email and other applications (there are lot of applications within the Lotus Notes). With ANNA software I was very comfortable.
There are few more software which is not stable in my C7-00.
(Belle is a nightmare for me on my C7-00)
I will wait for sometimes with the hope that NOKIA will release an update so that I can avoid taking the risk of flashing the mobile. If not I will go for flashing though I know it is risky as I did previously for my Nokia N97. In fact I am not willing to opt for other make especially due to OVI Map and FM Transmitter. Offline map application is very useful.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Cheers!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Southwind2020

i've found solution to this problem. Install this widget to get up to 12 calender entries :smileyvery-happy: http://comingnext.sourceforge.net/drupal7/ 

Please use plain text.
saurabha26may

Quickoffice Premium

Slide Answer

Both are working fine with the Belle Update. Only thing I did was restarted C7 and then started using it.....

Please use plain text.
Advisor

do Nokia guys really check these discusiions
..i dont think they would ever see
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dks909

My HD game sound stop after Belle update

Plz fix this issue

thanks

Please use plain text.
ARAVIND123

Re: Roll Back to ANNA - C6-01 from USELESS Belle

Not only applications but also Bluetooth is not working after update to BELLE, I wonder why can't nokia findout this during test.

Nokia should consider this very seriously and give a solution.

Please use plain text.
Lunah

Re: Roll Back to ANNA - C6-01 from USELESS Belle

Upgraded to Belle last night and now wish I hadn't.  Have lost Wi-Fi completely, have tried every menu option possible but can't seem to work it out.  Have lost several applications.  Its like having a completely new phone!!!  I'm no techie gal and I had just got my C7 working nicely with everything where I wanted it but now its all over the place.  I quite like some of the features of Belle, nice icons etc but I do miss being able to check my battery level just by touching the battery icon and of course switching power save on and off.  Also miss being able to check how many applications are open and being able to shut them down just at the touch of a button.  Having said that, my partner, who is a bit techier than me has managed to resolve these two issues.  But it still seems that some very nice user friendly little touches have been lost with Belle.  Hope Nokia can resolve some of these glitches and others that I have been reading about very soon.  Oh and also, what the hell has happened to my memory????  Have clicked on a couple of basic applications but have been unable to because it says I haven't got enough memory!!!  Never had that happen before, especially when I didn't even have any applications running at the time.  Think I may go back to my little old Nokia with that nice little keypad, no internet nonsense, no widgets, apps or anything else.  It just made phone calls and sent texts, end of.  A simpler time or am I just getting old lol?

Please use plain text.
Sage

Funny on my own C7-00 Joikuspot 3.20 works fine. I tried also on my 701. Skype works too. I have it installed and being connected on my 701 currently. Version 2.01(23) is the one you need.

I also tried a demo of Joikuspot 2012 which also seem to work. In fact I currently have an N8, C7-00 and 701, All with Nokia Belle all with the same programs and all seem to work. I got Sparkle to crash my N8 but that is probably due to the fact that the N8 has less C:-drive than the C7. I would have expected Nokia to release a N8-01 with 1GB Rom and 512Mb C:-drive like the C7 when thatd evice came to the market. And I would even expect a new 802 with 1Gb ram and 1GHz cpu from the 701. This wouldn't cost them much (since they'd recycle most of these designs) and would have kept N8-users happy as well.

Windows phone is a no-go for lots of N8/C7/701 users as it's way too immature. Even trivial things like sending over contacts from a PC to the phone causes grief and headaches (see my post in the Windows phone section).

Please use plain text.
Sage

Why should Nokia hold your hand when go out for walk in the park? Nokia left some opportunities open for third party developers. They have come up with solutions to this calender problem.

Google for
--> BizCalendar Widget
--> ComingNext

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

The apps you mention are NOT made by Nokia. How can you blame nokia?

Most of these apps WILL eventually get Belle-versions. It's usually a minor fix because of the new UI.

I guess if those apps had been written in QT then they wouldn't cause so much problems (and would be easier to fix too).

Now I now first hand that BoldBeast DOES work on Belle (even v3.10).

Anyway from the info I gathered around the web. Most problems can be solved by factory-resetting (and clearing) your device and completely re-install the apps you require. Perhaps some apps you used before you won't need at anymore.

To sum up; these are the apps that work (mostly tried on 701, some tried either on C7 or N8 or both)

- Joikuspot 3.20 (1142)

- Skype 2.01(23)

- BizCalender Widget 1/2 (free) v1.1

---> the BizCalender app itself doesn't work on Belle (yet)

---> Widget 3 is not free

- ComingNext 1.36 (all widgets work and are free)

- BoldBeast 3.10

I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@lunah
Try installing app stop version 1.2. With just a touch of the icon it can show all apps running in background. If you're annoyed by long pressing the menu key to switch applications, try apps switcher. It basically does what the menu button does but all you need is just a tap on the icon. These two are now must havo apps as belle has done away with certain basic features.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

I think every person has different set ups, third party apps etc: that have a bearing on 'the Belle problems'. When using windows, some softwares will conflict with others for no apparent reason, there are often 'known issues with other softwares' attached to a lot of software that you can install on windows PC's.

Manu_T Boldbeast 3.10 would not work on my Anna C7 some how it messed up any txt input screen by putting the keyboard over what you typing so as not being able to see what I wrote.

How do I know it was Boldbeast 3.10 the problem started directly after it was installed and was resolved the moment it was deleted and V3 re-installed. Not saying Boldbeast at fault it was probably conflicting with something else on my phone.

I think a lot could be gained by people with lots of issues to have a clean sweep and re-install one by one and check phone  function each time, maybe for a full days use. A pain I know, but not such a pain in the long run. Nokia have no control over third party apps unless they have a prolonged testing program which would grind any new apps appearing to a standstill.

I also believe strongly that a lot of issues are country/ region themed. 

Please use plain text.
Lunah

Many thanks blitzkid. I will try what you suggest and see how it goes.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@ lunah
You're welcome... Let me know if it was useful.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Afaz

My main problem with belle is that Aword English Dictionary Free is not working with it. I miss it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Why don't you contact their support centre and put in your feedback. Or ask If a belle compatible version is available or will be available in the near future.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.