Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: SD Card Switch

Contributor

SD Card Switch

I currently have a C5-00. I had a 2GB Sd Card on it till now, I bought a 4GB SD today but I can't seem 2 get my apps and themes by restoring backup. I have lots of symbian and JAVA App-s installed on to my SD Card. How am I supposed to keep all my Apps and Games and still change my SD Card.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@lonT1

Welcome to the forum!

I am assuming that you have already enabled "Show hidden & system files" on your PC, copy contents of smaller card to PC desktop and back on to larger card.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

Windows 7 - Open (My) Computer Press the Alt key > Click Tools > Folder Options…Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders, and uncheck Hide protected operating system files.

Although I have never experienced issues with a succession of larger memory cards, you could always create an image backup of the memory card using Drive Snapshot and then restore that to the new larger card.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I did a full copy paste using linux (I can see even system files), gave booth cards the same label and I got my Symbian Apps But not my JAVA Apps. What Now? Can you tell me where the downloaded jar files are stored on the filesystem of the phone? I have full filesystem access to both phone memory and memory card. (I can extract the phone's firmware if I want to).
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I need a solution here.......
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

After copying the contents of the old card to the new card, turn the phone off, insert the new card, turn the phone on and you're done.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I did that but I did not get my JAVA Apps back, just my Symbian Apps...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

If they are installed on the phone, then the card shouldnt matter, sorry, but I've not experienced any trouble whatsoever trasnferring cards. If you have enabled showing hidden files, everything in your old card is already in the new one.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I cnt reinstall the apps from the ovi store since they r already on my card, it says installation failed...

Please use plain text.