Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

SIM card registration failed on E71

Contributor
Paddy42

SIM card registration failed on E71

Hey everybody

I know that this problem has been written all over the internet but seriously... no solution? The E71 works perfectly with other sim cards and no, it's not blacklisted. The sim card I want to use works perfectly on other cell phones like my Sony Ericsson (which I don't want to use). My E71 is not sim-locked and I do not know where to go than here! A weird thing is that the E71 can not find the operator I want to use either and the operator's net is really good on other phones. I really do not get this. Could any one please help, thanks!

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: SIM card registration failed on E71

How old is the sim card?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Contributor
Paddy42

It's from february 2011
Mobile Visionary
thetao

[ Edited ]

If other SIM cards work normally, and you've tested multiple cards from your preferred operator, then there's something odd about their cards.  The E71 was first released in June 2008.  Is the Sony Ericsson phone considerably newer?  That might give at least a half answer about why they act differently.

Not all SIM cards are created equal.  For example, there are whole FAQ's describing the differences between Nextel SIM cards here in the USA: http://reviews.ebay.com/Nextel-32k-64k-and-128k-600-Contact-Sim-Cards?ugid=10000000003624905 .  Suggestion: find a really knowledgeable person, either at a store, online, at the operator's tech support center, or just somewhere in the community who knows the changes their cards have gone through.  Even a different colored card might have different innards.  If your carrier went into business relatively recently, maybe they're using some slightly newer SIM innovation, and because so many customers buy branded phones, problems like this are very rare.  (That may be a stretch, but I'm trying! :smileywink: )  When you learn what's different, then hopefully you can find a SIM card (an older card?) with the right requirements.

I hope that helps a little.

Contributor
Paddy42

Thx thetao for your reply. I will contact the operator tomorrow to hear what they say about the problem, maybe they will send a new SIM card. The Sony Ericsson is at least three years old.