Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

SIP client missing on N78

Registered Member

SIP client missing on N78

Hello
why the Nokia N78 is missing a SIP Client (Noia VoIP implementation) if there is SIP account configuration capability? Sounds weird to me. Am I forced to used third-party applications to make VoIP calls?

Do Nokia plans to adjust this in a future firmware release?

Thank you for any information about this
Registered Member

Re: SIP client missing on N78

yes, i cannot use sip with fring. need a new firmware update for sip....
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Have you tried the new version of fring that was released today? It adds support for the N78 and other FP2 models.
Registered Member

yes and i find the probleme and solution... fring is last version. firmware of n78 is latest.. but fringe cant use sip connection. i have find "nimbuzz". nimbuzz is a software like fring. with sip configuration i have use internet call. :smileyhappy:
solution is nimbuzz
Registered Member

I've used Fring successfully via SIP account ... Have you tried the N78 release that was updated in the last few days?
Registered Member

hi,
what's new?!
i just buy the N78 and i'm boring to discover that there is no voip client included like all the others of the Nseries(and except n96 too),... because,..
i read that nokia are developing a new system "VAS" better than now...
yeah great! but better than nothing... it's not so nice..

why Nokia didn't let the voip client until his funky VAS will be ready..?

it's very boring to use and install an added software (fring) to make voip call..

it's so nice to just have the opportunity to select your contact and just take the option "make an internet call" like on all the others nseries mobile phone.

please, need a solution!