Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: SOLUTION!! Nokia N8 Not Charging or Not Turnin...

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: SOLUTION!! Nokia N8 Not Charging or Not Turning On

@BronkIT.
Following that procedure has invalidated the warranty. Should anybody else follow suite will invalidate their warranties also.

Ray
Please use plain text.
BronkIT

[ Edited ]

How come? I am talking about the battery. I used the battery of mij old N97 quickly on my N8 ...... I believe these are the same batteries and is not a modification? And technically if you do this for a few seconds shouldn't be harmful either, only when done for a longer time might be harmful to the batterij and can cause explosions, failing batteries etc. I  have encountered this problem twice with my old N97 too .... all it takes is a little kickstart (15 secs). Does the charger module in the cellphone work on a switch that is dependant on a signal from the battery or something? Odd.

In my situation it doesn't really matter, lol, I didn't get support anyhow and was left with a dead phone. Better have a charged spare battery around in that case ...

[EDIT: I've been reading the warranty and it says problems caused by! Low trickle charging with the same current and low amperage should not cause problems and is normally perfectly safe. ] 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ghostinv

[ Edited ]

opening the battery cover of an N8 will void the warranty

Nokia 8890
Nokia N73
Nokia N8 Dark Grey
Please use plain text.
fidhu

my n8 charging problum please help me

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dannychen

maybe hardware problem, suggest to send it to NCC for checking.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bpboopathi

Guyz try with the usb data cable..I had also the same issue..its not powered on and its not charging with chrger..but i connected with my notebook through the cable..then its started charging and after 10 mins of charging its started working........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DaRockSwe

Well, it didn't work for me. Bought the phone in February. Everything OK until like May. Then it just went off by itself... No biggie, I just started it again. A week ago, my wife called me and when I was about to answer, my beloved N8 turned off. I tried CPR (prolonged charging, different chargers, USB charge, hold the start button pressed for 8-15-20 seconds to reboot ). Nothing helped. I called Nokia, they said "No problem. Please provide the IMEI of the phone are registering your issue, here is your issue number. Goodbye " I thought someone will call, email or SMS me (went back to an old Sony Ericson I had at home). Nothing. The next day I decided to call Nokia again to see when and who will contact me. The nice lady takes my issue number and after a few seconds she tells me "There is no issue with this number registered in our system, but I will register a complaint about your product if you want to make one, otherwise go to Anovo's website, register with them and they will send you an envelope in witch you should put the phone and POP (proof-of-purchase)" **bleep**??? I felt like a ping-pong ball. I went straight to a Nokia Care Point and gave them the phone and POP and they assured me "we'll take care of your phone. Did you make a recent back-up of your phone?" "I did one a week ago, but yesterday was my daughter's first day of school and all the pictures I took are on the phone" "well sorry but you're going to loose them" **bleep**???.

It has been 5 days, 4 h and 37 mins at the time I'm writing this post since I've left my phone with the Nokia Care Point. The status of my phone is "On External Service". I called the customer Service to ask what does that mean and they told me that my phone couldn't be fixed at the Nokia Care Point so it had to be sent to a more specialized service (???). I dared to ask with horror in my heart how long time should I expect to wait for my phone. A dry, flat answer "4 to 6 weeks" **bleep**??? I can dismount a buss and put it back together. Three times in 4 to 6 weeks. I just wonder if somebody from the management at Nokia is getting our feedback. Especially the guy (some bigshot manager over Scandinavia) that said that they reduced the service time to an average of 3 (three) days.

God bless all and hopefully, you'll never need a "Nokia Care Point".

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Mojitto

...and never need a Nokia. :-) Like me. No Nokia - no cry :-) anymore.
Please use plain text.
oceanman93

My N8 was dead for well over a week and all I wanted to do was resurrect it one last time to pull the hundreds of photos off ot it.  I found somewhere on another site that recommended putting the phone in the freezer.  I put it in for a little over an hour and after I pulled it out, I felt it vibrate when I tried to power it on and it had a blink of life but not enough to fully boot.  I reconnected it to the charger and behold, IT'S ALIVE!  Whoever thought of that trick I thank you immensely.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
omar236

simple,

just connect your nokia n 8 into your pc or laptop and turn on the nokia suite ... wuuusshh, it will charging as well ...

Please use plain text.
dbestia

I started having a problem with my N8 right after installing Belle update. The phone would suddenly die on me without a warning of an empty battery. After plugging the charger in, the 'Nokia' sign would just flash a few times on a black screen, and the charging light would do the same, but the phone would not turn on. I blamed it on the new firmware, thought something went wrong during the installatiion, and decided to do it again. Flashing the phone (I did it a few times) would allow it to turn on but the problem was still there. Sometimes some fiddling with the charger, plugging it in and out, reseting the phone would help but most of the time I just couldn't have the phone off, or let the battery to go empty, because of the fear of not being able to turn it back on. After my last Belle reinstall (through the Nokia Suite) the phone seemed to be working ok. I started installing some additional apps, and the problem appeared again. Uninstalled two of them: Nokia Social and Nokia Internet Radio, and the phone is back to life once again. I can turn it off and back on whenever I want without any problems. Hope that the software was the real issue and not something more serious...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
drmorbid

[ Edited ]

That didn't work in my case.

Netither did the advice from the OP.

Please use plain text.
CrisenB

I have tried it but it did not work!

But this is the first time I ever had soo much trouble with a new phone more so a new nokia.

Please use plain text.
CrisenB

is there even a nokia care center in Trinidad?

Please use plain text.
fidhu

check flex cable
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AlesKubr

Plugging both chargers at the same time - 2mm and micro USB - solved the issue for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
moses4747

my phone has stopped working and is dead now. it has a recharge port error and wont start recharging when i do so... the recharge port is ruptured so i switched it to usb recharge .same problem the small light on the side of the phone keeps blinking and wont initaite recharge HELP MEEE

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Treders

Just to say thank you most sincerely.  I thought I'd lost my treasured N8, but I was using a USB MIni charger supplied with my Plantronics Headset.  As soon as I plugged in my Nokia charger, hey presto.

Thanks again, and again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NetVicious

I had this problem with my N8. Connecting it to standar 2mm charger not started charging, the charge led started to blink and get off after some time.

Trying to charge with a USB charger (transformed with micro-usb connector) didn't help too.

I leave them trying to charge some minutes and nothing. I tried to charge it with the micro-usb and the 2mm connector at the same time and nothing.

I connected to a PC with one USB wire and it started charging ;-)

.. //\/ e t . \/ i c i o u s ..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vickydoc

For last few days i am also facing the same problem. My N8 will show charging when plug in but within few seconds it will say that battery is fully charged and stop charging the phone. this happened when battery was too low. I plugeed in the charger provided and also the USB cable many times but got the same response from the mobile. 

Than i left the charger attached to the mobile and after sometime it started taking charge, even though it stopped within min initially but later it charged fully. i dont know why that happened but i will definetly ask NCC about it.

I hope this will help other people

Please use plain text.