Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: SSOUI....what is it??

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

SSOUI....what is it??

Does anyone know what ssoui is please?  I've noticed this app on my N8 but i've no idea what its purpose is.  When I launch it, I get a message telling me 'System Error, please try again later'

I know it's a Nokia app as the ssoui files are in the firmware uda but I just want to know what it's for and whether it can be removed from the uda without affecting anything else.

p.s - Loving the N8 experience so far!!!  Super phone

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
neilrossgoco

I also noticed SSOUI on Application Manager but it's not on the menu folders.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Pretty sure it's a part of OVI Maps application.
Please use plain text.
inktomi

Err, has got to be Single Sign-On UI

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Cheers :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deanos

So anybody have any idea to what this is exactly?

I have no idea what Single Sign-On UI is or what it does....

This SSOUI thing uses up my whole battery over night trying to do something....

Please help with either deleting or disabling this thing.

Thanks guys.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Thejim2

It is like it sounds, a single sign in. Basically it signs you into and keeps you signed into any apps/widgets that use your Nokia/Ovi sign in. If you have several of these apps open in the background they can and will be making data calls on a regular basis. Depending on how they are accessing, it could severely impact battery life. 3G is not too bad, but some WiFi setups will kill it right quick.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fuel3100

it a single app signing in to ur all ovi accounts. u see it when starting up ur nokia?
Nokia 6120 Classic
V3.83
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deanos

OK, great, so it is supposed to log into OVI or something....
This app is really starting to **bleep** me off!
Every single day, it starts up and all it does is sit with a blank white screen and a turning circle in the middle. There is a cancel button at the bottom, but it does nothing!

If I leave it, it will run untill it kills the battery in about 4 hours from a full charge!!! Only way to get rid of this is to restart my phone!

HOW DO I STOP THIS THING?!?!?!?!?!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

You can try to update the firmware, in case it helps. (If you already have the latest, then in a few weeks the "Symbian Anna" update should be available.)

Alternatively, you could try to reset/reformat the phone to original factory settings, and see if it goes away (the app is clearly not behaving normally, so something must have happened, but reinstalling or reformatting might be the only way to restore the situation).

You can also call Nokia customer support, in case they have seen this before, and already know how it can be fixed. The contact info you can find through the "Contact us" link above.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deanos

Thanks for the reply.

Already tried the format thing, but same problem...

Guess I will just struggle along till Anna comes around... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
newtonlg

Hi all.

Have you solved this issue? I'm facing the same thing, and I'm tired of watching this app for appearing. I had to set widgets to offline, turn off mail sync, because both seems to open the SSO.

Yet, when I change the Access Point from 3G to Wifi or get out of an elevator that causes signal lost from cellular network, I  got this app open and trying to connect.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
alon_marko

I had the same issue, it stopped only when I uninstalled WHATSUP software

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deanos

Hi guys,

Yes I did eventually resolve this issue.

It is related to the OVI store app.

For some or other reason, the original app must have been corrupt or something.

If you have this problem, download the news OVI store app to you PC, copy it to your phone and re-install the app.

Problem solved! :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnnytoucan

as I write this that bleeping SSOUI is loading and loading. Enough already it is up to NOKIA to fix this problem! Why should I reset my phone? I an very Happy with my N-8 but this new bug is seriously messing of up. I thought after numerous cancellations of this mysterious upload I would allow it to do whatever and get it over with. WRONG.As someone said it loads and loads and I'm watching my charge deplete as the wheel turns. NOKIA FIX THIS!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnnytoucan

SSOUI now completely out of control and behaving like a virus. It starts loading constantly without prompt and uses my charge which is serious since I am off the power grid in Costa Rica and have to charge in my car. Gas is expensive and anyway who needs this new hassle. Since I downloade Anna update. I have tried to downgrade OVI app and will have to try again. I sure hope NOKIA is working on this disaster
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deanos

[ Edited ]

As I said 2 posts above, I managed to fix this problem on my phone.
Simple go to the new Nokia Store and download the new Nokia Store App for your phone.

http://store.nokia.com/content/5406

After you have installed this, the problem should be gone.
I found this problem to be caused from a previously corrupt install of the app.

This is also the newest version, so enjoy! :smileywink:

Let us know if you come right...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnnytoucan

Thanks for reply but I did the download this am and the problem persists and is constant. Any of a series of actions has SSIOU barging in and sucking up charge.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deanos

Did you use the official Anna update or the hacked one that went around?

You can try this first.
Try and re-install Nokia Maps.

If this solves your problem, then great, if not.....

Connect up you phone to your PC and reinstall the firmware.
Sounds like you got more that 1 corrupt file...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnnytoucan

Thanks for being on my case! I will try to reload maps. SSOUI is loading almost constantly now unprompted and last night my charge went to zero.Mx next step would be to deinstall OVI store completely but I need to Google that since I have not found a deinstall option yet.
Please use plain text.