Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

START-UP FAILURE with N73

Registered Member
ajingnomoto05

START-UP FAILURE with N73

Hello!

What will I do, I cannot use my phone (N73) It says START-UP FAILED CONTACT THE RETAILER.Please help me and I hope to find the solution soon. Thanks and have a nice day out there!

Counsellor
sahil_7

Re: START-UP FAILURE with N73

What caused this?

You can try hard-reset but I would really follow the message on the phone and go to the retailer. Hope you are still within the warranty period.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

To format/hard reset your Nokia N73, try the following method-

1) Turn off the mobile device. Then press and hold “3″, the “Green button” and “*” - Turn on and keep holding untill the phone fully restarts. If successfully, you’ll be asked to reenter the date, time, city, etc. Its tough but it works.
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

[ Edited ]

When you power a phone on, it performs a Self test on various parts (signals between chips, software checks etc).

If any of these tests fail you will get the "Phone Startup Failed" error you see.

You really need to take the phone to a service center so they can see what has caused the failure and repair it.

At best it will require a software reflash, otherwise it will be a hardware fault

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)