Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

SYSTEM ERROR Nokia E 72

Contributor
Bletsov
Accepted Solution

SYSTEM ERROR Nokia E 72

hi! I have the  problem with my Nokia E 72.  

When I browse web by using wifi , on finishing it crash with message SYSTEM ERROR. The only way to make this message disappear is to take off the battery

I upgraded the software to version 22.007, but unfortunately the problem persisted. I installed the same version again, but with no success- System Error appears again. I already tried the restore of the factory settings. Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: SYSTEM ERROR Nokia E 72

Now, I think, is time to try a full reset.

Note that this operation will erase all the data in your phone's memory, so do a backup before attempting this.

Dial *#7370#. You will be asked if you want to confirm the reset. You will then be asked for the phone's security code.

The phone will then restart, having wiped its memory clean (but not the content of your memory card).

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bletsov

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and now it works properly!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bletsov

Hi again!

I really thought the problem is solved with my Nokia E72, as I tried couple of internet websites and when "exit" , everything was perfect...till the next one! The "System error" appeared again!!!! I made another hard reset and again everything was fine within couple of web sites. Now the message appears again!!! What to do? Please, give me another idea to resolve this problem! Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Bletsov wrote:

Hi again!

I really thought the problem is solved with my Nokia E72, as I tried couple of internet websites and when "exit" , everything was perfect...till the next one! The "System error" appeared again!!!! I made another hard reset and again everything was fine within couple of web sites. Now the message appears again!!! What to do? Please, give me another idea to resolve this problem! Thanks!

Clean out your browser privacy data on a regular basis.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Miroslav89

I am interested in buying this model of Nokia. I heard yesterday that there is a problem with the software of this phone and your words confirmed that. I was told that after a two weeks there will be a new software available that will fix these little problems and I was told that the problem are ONLY software not hardware. Is that true? Do you have any other problems with the phone or just these? Do you try to install Opera and try to surf through internet via Opera?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have the same SYSTEM ERROR problem with my Nokia E72.

In my case it happens over and over without using the browser. Just by using the Search Wireless LAN function. Sometimes it happens with other applications as well.

The only remedy is to remove battery and restart.

It seems like a serious issue with this phone that never existed with my previous E71. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Reset the E72. Dial *#7370# 12345 reformat, you'll lose all data. Make a backup first and restore without the settings.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JhayCee

The *#7370# works but upon restoring the data, the same issue will occur. I'm still trying to find a solution regarding with this issue. I've tried to back up using Ovi Suite and the Memory card but the same problem is happening. Right now I'm trying to restore all except the device settings and bookmarks and I'm waiting for the results.

Hope this helps!

Click the star if you're satisfied with my answer.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JhayCee

The restoring without the device settings and bookmarks worked. This will solve the issue on the phone. Just make sure to clear your privacy data everytime you're done browsing. ^_^

Hope this helps!

Click the star if you're satisfied with my answer.
Please use plain text.
dvd741

I have the same error, when browsing WiFi & closing the browser 'system error' pops up...

The hard phone reset worked, but only temporarily, as soon as you browse & exit it pops up again.

I realy don't want to have to reset the phone every x days so I'm wondering if anyone has an exact solution for this problem, or will Nokia release an update of some kind?

(When I have the system error I am not able to view my mails using WiFi either)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zywex

i have the same problem. I red somewhere one idea. You should format your memory card, because there can be some reports and logs, which causes this trouble. So, i'm going to try it now.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zywex

not working (((

Please use plain text.
Contributor
litreb

Hi there,

I am having the same problem. Before resetting my phone I would really much like to know what will get lost while doing the reset. I can of course easily back up contacts, calendar and all files on the phone. But how about programmes and applications that I have installed an dcustomised (bookmarks in browser, login info for skype and email) and all the personalisation of the phone which have taken some time to do?

I get the "System error" message when I am trying to connect to a new wifi-network - usually before I even get the chance to work in the browser, check emails or do anything else that would require access to this wifi.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dbaby

After surfing on wifi i turn of the browser "system Error" pops up and have to take out battery to start it,  this problem is from last many months i have updated my phone with all the new updates releases by nokia for this phone i have done factory reset, soft reset, hard reset  all the possible tries number of times nothing works even emails are not working i am just using like regular phone no smart phone features are working any one has any new suggestions pls let me know.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
ketchupe52

Re: SYSTEM ERROR Nokia E 52

Hello,

my problem is bit similar.... all of a sudden my WLAN SCANNING MODE shows me as SYSTEM ERROR and CONN.MGE is not responding, ...... i did battery remove and fix no help, software update no help, factory setting no help, hard reset no help, again software update  no help ...NOW I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ... pls reply

Thxs in adv

ush

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Bring it in for service.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

Please use plain text.
ketchupe52

hi,

thxs for reply

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,
I faced the same problem and tried the above solution. After then, I found my problem solved.
Thank you very much.

Chek Ansari
KSA
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RoyBischoff

System Error

Hello, i just bought a secondhanded Nokia E72. My problem is that when i even try to refresh the available wlan-networks the system error message pops up. 

I've tried the hard reset  and i took out my battery for several times and the wifi is still not working.

Does anybody know what i should do?

Please use plain text.