Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sandisk 64gb micro sdxc card works in 701

Counsellor
nickb99

Sandisk 64gb micro sdxc card works in 701

Following on from user Roveel's post about his use of this sdxc card in the N8 I got one for my new 701. Once formatted to Fat32 in my pc (used the same utility that Roveel used) the card works in the phone. 

The phone saves pictures to the card, views them, and also plays back music stored on the card fine. The only bug I can find is that the phone will not format the card, fails with an error message. Formatting the card reduces the capacity a little to 59gb but that is still better than my old 32gb card. See picture attached.

Now running a 701, beautiful phone to handle and use...now that it has stopped sending my personal information to Nokia via 360Panel [rolls eyes]
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ikeivs

Re: Sandisk 64gb micro sdxc card works in 701

File manager shows ~59 GB, because all manufacturers have that standard 1 GB = 1000 MB
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
neilrossgoco

Are you sure this is a microSD? What if you just used a USB on the go as there's a cable connected to the phone?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nickb99

[ Edited ]

Are you sure this is a microSD?

Of course, strange question. Micro sdxc are physically the same size as micro sd cards, just larger capacity. Easy to check with a simple Google...

What if you just used a USB on the go as there's a cable connected to the phone?

Have not tried this, as I have no need to use the phone in this way.

Now running a 701, beautiful phone to handle and use...now that it has stopped sending my personal information to Nokia via 360Panel [rolls eyes]
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Paluan

64 000 000 000 bytes isn't 64GB
it was some fight some years ago... i believe than we shoud try fight back again becouse
64 000 000 000 bytes is:
64 000 000 000 / 1024 = 62 500 000 KB
62 500 000 / 1024 = 61 035 MB
61 035 / 1024 = 59.6 GB
that is the reason of 59.4 GB
i hope that explain
but resuming it works
and i like this news, at least for my N8 :squint:

waiting for my 808 PureVision (as soon sells begining) :squint:
Please use plain text.